PS4 - Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix [10/12/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix [10/12/17 8:00pm]

CianG-4

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 23, 2014
Qualifying: 4th
Tentative lap because I had no time set at the time. I had a 5.4 invalidated at the last corner, that hurt a bit.

Race: 7th
Got tagged in T1, dropped out of the points. Fought back, found it difficult to overtake. Pit L9 for Softs and worked my way back to P6. I got a penalty on the penultimate lap which was disappointing and it cost me one position. Fun, tough race all in all.

Highlights:

BigC_019

GP2 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2016
Good points after a **** qualifying, benefitted from the start then lost like ten seconds with a spin after hitting Harry and battling the guys who had already stopped.

No pens, so got P8.

Aressi191

S13 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Premium Member
Aug 7, 2016
Qualifying 12th?

Again not able to do even near decent lap, this time 100% my fault.

Race

I didn't record the race but how I remember start incident is that I brake later than cars infront of me. Managed to avoid contact then ended up between @Ollie_D631 and @Bcolt93. We crashed and lost some positions. Apologies for the incident I could be more careful there for sure. After this had really good and enjoyable race despite being slow with softs. Really happy for P5 despite one mistake which cost me P3 to @SynTeTiC96. Overall good start with new wheel which I got on Friday.

Congratulations to @Ali Kidd for second win of the season also to Syntetic and @Simo911 for another podiums.

wooly51

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
Qualifying 12th?

Again not able to do even near decent lap, this time 100% my fault.

Race

I didn't record the race but how I remember start incident is that I brake later than cars infront of me. Managed to avoid contact then ended up between @Ollie_D631 and @Bcolt93. We crashed and lost some positions. Apologies for the incident I could be more careful there for sure. After this had really good and enjoyable race despite being slow with softs. Really happy for P5 despite one mistake which cost me P3 to @SynTeTiC96. Overall good start with new wheel which I got on Friday.

Congratulations to @Ali Kidd for second win of the season also to Syntetic and @Simo911 for another podiums.
I seem to remember a quote of ''Bloody hell, Aressi is just barging everyone out of the way to get through'' in the early laps

Lack of recording may hurt you here too.

Aressi191

S13 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Premium Member
Aug 7, 2016
I seem to remember a quote of ''Bloody hell, Aressi is just barging everyone out of the way to get through'' in the early laps

Lack of recording may hurt you here too.
Yeah I'll take the probable penalty and record from now on. Went for overtakes when had chance this time.

SynTeTiC96

S15 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 14, 2017
Quali: p6: I'm happy with that considering i had nearly no practice and chose my setup 20min before the quali.
Race: p2: Quite an eventfull race. Had to evade and overtake a lot of cars. Very lucky to stay out of trouble and i'm very happy to get second. Congrats to @Ali Kidd and @Simo911

Simo911

Pro Karter
Aug 30, 2017
Q: 14.
Game kicked me out at the start of Q but managed to get back in time. Rushed to the first try and got a decent banker. Did not have time to do an another banker. First proper try went fine until off track in last corner and even frustrating was that it invalidated next lap also. Would have been 1.05,561.

R: 3.
Great initial start, but too short distance to the first corner. Good first lap from p14->p7. I was planning to do ss-us, but then lap 8 there was a pileup in last sector so I decided to try undercut and it worked fine. Got from p7->p2. I was actually catching @Ali Kidd in some laps, but my early pit stop and oversteery qual setup backfired in the end and lost one place to @SynTeTiC96 . Great result from p14->p3. Still not happy for overall race time. Was going so much faster in other league race 1,5 weeks ago.

Full stream: