Jan 12, 2014
Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 10th December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
What a track to start the fun part of this season :love:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
How we all feeling around here then?

I've been pretty good around here on previous games, but on this game and in this field of drivers I expect to struggle at every track lol.

Oh, and I need to actually start practicing :p

• Useful
Reactions: n0body_

sigro

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 20, 2017
I've finally set up my new G29, so I'm expecting to be really slow and inconsistent here :pompus: plus Austria is one of my worst tracks.

Still, this time I'll try to finish without wrecking Max along the way.

maxafc46

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 6, 2016
@FisiFan91 can we have a clarification on what to do on pit entry, i know we said to stay within the white line last season, because it is worth at least a second to cut in at the last minute

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
@FisiFan91 can we have a clarification on what to do on pit entry, i know we said to stay within the white line last season, because it is worth at least a second to cut in at the last minute
Everyone has to stay within the white line on the whole pit entry yes (so from before the penultimate corner) - this is what is stated in the rules, and it's also a safer way than suddenly cutting across the track at speed. As always, it is smart when pitting to move to the right side of the track early on the straight before the penultimate corner to signal to any drivers behind that you're going in the pits.

@töpäää @Jarl Teien @Brendon Leigh @n0body_ @ramdrop @RaikoGordon24 @F.Donoso @Raven @Kez @Slickk @sigro @Qélon @Timp @Bereznay Dani @Marek @SvenZSven @NonRunner @Fehler3 @maxafc46

Reactions: RaikoGordon24

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
I have horrific stuttering in online multiplayer, I've updated graphics drivers, ran vsync, turned down graphic settings, made sure my card isn't too hot and nothing seems to work.

Has anybody managed to fix any of these issues?

sigro

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 20, 2017
Well that was bad... :lol:

First time I drove with this new wheel and apparently had some buttons mapped wrong. Then my wheel uncalibrated itself avoiding the spinners on first lap, so had to drive 20° to the left to go in a straight line, sorry to @Kez if I pushed u off and anyone else, tried to take it easy in traffic cos I was scared of wrecking anyone with this wheel problem. Had a great battle with @FisiFan91 though, looks like his tyres fell off at the end but it was an enjoyable battle at least, he didn't make many mistakes so it was hard to pass him with that mega top speed too. :p

Slickk

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2017
Of course I do terrible in qualifying on a track where I have great race pace :facepalm:

Then again, I should be grateful it didn't rain

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
That was a decent race for once.. thought I was gonna struggle because I've been abit sceptical about doing practice due to constant screen freezes, but it seemed to be ok tonight. A few towards the end however (micro stutters).

Put a somewhat average quali lap in, happy with it as a result of no practice.

The race, I opted to start supers and thought about starting softs, but in the last minute decided against it..went around the outside of spinners and cars going slow on apexes. After that I settled into a rhythm and didn't fight anybody, personal highlight was double overtake into the second corner :)

n0body_

GP2 1st Driver
Jun 19, 2017
Another race of what could’ve been, if everyone actually got a lap together in qualifying that could’ve been so much closer than it was. And then because I bottled quali, I was slightly out of position. Smacking the anti cuts out of T4 didn’t help either (I’m sure you got a good laugh out of that at least @ramdrop) Had a great battle with @Brendon Leigh on the second to last lap, and the ended up in 9th with penalties but I’m hoping to get a warning removed, which would remove a penalty and promote me ahead of @Slickk for P8. Great to know I have the pace to be top 5, not great to see that I bottle every opportunity I get :facepalm:

Last edited: