XB1 - Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix [10/12/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix [10/12/17 8:00pm]

Meks Unseen

Reigning S14 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
May 15, 2017
NAh seriously can we not get anymore new kids? Ruining the championship, one takes me out in quali so I don’t set a lap and start at the back, he then pushed me off track twice in the race and then the other new kid put me into the wall nice championship lead after this, lost 2 wins when jjlove joined and now another potential one because of 2 more idiots who don’t know how to drive!

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBadPopperDom

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 6, 2017
Well I'm happy and scored a point.

Consistent race for me really. Not the fastest but only went wide once and pitted twice.

One on lap 18 for inters. Stayed out as late as I could. Lap 24 into wets and then just drive around looking at trees moving over occasionally for the locals (leaders).

I actually had a small race with pettyman and Kris for a while so I'm happy with my new wheel set up. Definatley means I'm within a few more seconds of you lot.

Thanks to the new guy for moving out the way - something that confused me at first! Why the he'll is someone pullong over for me.

At first I thought

1) flat tyre
2) broken wing
3) GF stripped naked
4) Japanese whaling boat cut international internet cable
5) Amazon delivery

Then I realised I actually lapped someone.....wow....

Anyway. One more point l!

Cheers guys.

Reactions: Jack Badman

Jack Badman

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 19, 2017
Much better than last week but not the greatest result possible.

First few laps were untidy. I was running 4th or 5th for a good while, then i must have absolutely terrified neutralizer as i lost complete concentration and flew past him after wildly missing the braking zone at turn 2, in turn losing a few places. A few spins and pitstops later, i was running 7th behind davrath for the final 5 or so laps and we had a great battle.

Overall i had a good time tonight and look forward to silverstone with my results hopefully on the up

ValiFusilli

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 5, 2017
Well that was finally a great race from me, no bad luck, no crashes, just straight up racing. Had a good start, just solid stayed in place. Than me, jospeh and the guy in 2nd started to pull away a bit and i felt good. Unfortunately my ultrasofts felt of massively due to me doing to much laps on them in quali, so I felt I lost the race there. actually let my teammate by cause I felt i was really holding him up. After pitting to the inters felt comfortable, decided just to look where they could bring me. After seeing @Joseph Baigent and @o Coxon o go for full wets, i decided to be like hell I'll just finish on my inters. Than to my surprise also @MurphysLawl pitted giving me P1. Had some scary moments the last few laps trying to hold on on veeeeryyy worn inters, but at the end it became my first win :) :) :)

Neutralizer

Formula Karter
Aug 29, 2017
Much better than last week but not the greatest result possible.

First few laps were untidy. I was running 4th or 5th for a good while, then i must have absolutely terrified neutralizer as i lost complete concentration and flew past him after wildly missing the braking zone at turn 2, in turn losing a few places. A few spins and pitstops later, i was running 7th behind davrath for the final 5 or so laps and we had a great battle.

Overall i had a good time tonight and look forward to silverstone with my results hopefully on the up
Lol yea that was pretty scary. I was a bit slow like laps 3-6 so I was kind of inviting it. Dropped 2 places at that point, but didn't end up mattering once the rain hit. I'm horrible in the rain. Kinda sucks because this was one of my best tracks. Oh well :confused:

davrath

Pro Karter
Dec 10, 2016
Never been disappointed with P7, neither today, but feel like potential was much higher.

Qualy wasn't great at all, even was involved in a crash with @Jaakko pikkarainen which was my fault as I tried to put on my headset on the head. Wanted to stay out of the racing line, so I switched to the other side of the track after T7 and unfortunately I hit our new Ferrari driver. I fully blame myself, game gave me grid penalty too, it was that moment when you f*** up everything what you can.

Started from the back, couldn't change my tyres as I qualified in top 10, so just tried to avoid a mess ahead of me during the first stint. Had a questionable battle with @Dr Prettyman when I've braked too early in T4 as I really didn't want to be on the inside of that turn as you can easily lock up and go straight if you hit the kerb incorrectly. Went to the pits on lap 12 or so and put on Inters. That was the worst thing I could've done. I was DESTROYING them (like 10% a lap) and was locking up everywhere. Didn't want to go for dry tyres as conditions were unpredictable. Went for the Inters again and later for Wets as well for the last stint. Had an intense battle with @Jack Badman even tho I knew that he'll jump me as I got a penalty.

Meh race, anyway congrats @ValiFusilli, what an effort! @MurphysLawl and @Joseph Baigent well deserved podiums as well!
Unlucky day for my teammate @Meks Unseen, but the odds may be again in your favour next week, it's still not the end of the world/season!

Meks Unseen

Reigning S14 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
May 15, 2017
Never been disappointed with P7, neither today, but feel like potential was much higher.

Qualy wasn't great at all, even was involved in a crash with @Jaakko pikkarainen which was my fault as I tried to put on my headset on the head. Wanted to stay out of the racing line, so I switched to the other side of the track after T7 and unfortunately I hit our new Ferrari driver. I fully blame myself, game gave me grid penalty too, it was that moment when you f*** up everything what you can.

Started from the back, couldn't change my tyres as I qualified in top 10, so just tried to avoid a mess ahead of me during the first stint. Had a questionable battle with @Dr Prettyman when I've braked too early in T4 as I really didn't want to be on the inside of that turn as you can easily lock up and go straight if you hit the kerb incorrectly. Went to the pits on lap 12 or so and put on Inters. That was the worst thing I could've done. I was DESTROYING them (like 10% a lap) and was locking up everywhere. Didn't want to go for dry tyres as conditions were unpredictable. Went for the Inters again and later for Wets as well for the last stint. Had an intense battle with @Jack Badman even tho I knew that he'll jump me as I got a penalty.

Meh race, anyway congrats @ValiFusilli, what an effort! @MurphysLawl and @Joseph Baigent well deserved podiums as well!
Unlucky day for my teammate @Meks Unseen, but the odds may be again in your favour next week, it's still not the end of the world/season!
Points is points man well done, unluckily I got caught in your dirty air when I was behind you and it threw me into the wall giving wing damage no ones fault though so hoping to bounce back next week

Reactions: davrath

Joseph Baigent

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 23, 2017
If people could help out with the qualifying results by telling me where they and other people were and if possible the times. Or if someone has a screenshot then that would be ideal

ValiFusilli

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 5, 2017
If people could help out with the qualifying results by telling me where they and other people were and if possible the times. Or if someone has a screenshot then that would be ideal
if you got the screen from the race results, i also think you can see who started where on the grid

• Informative
Reactions: Joseph Baigent

o Coxon o

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2016
I'll take 4th had no pace at all in the wet, but I didn't have one spin or anything so I'm proud of that :)

MurphysLawl

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 18, 2017
What a race!

So the first I did in Qualifying was to look at the weather, and seeing it would rain midway through the race, I had to force myself onto the SS. If it was a dry race, the original strategy was to go on US and then to S, but the rain really though things for a curveball. I adjusted my wings and tried to put together a lap that wouldn’t have me at the back.

Qualified 10th (9th because of Dav’s penalty) and the race started. Got an okay start and made it through turn 1 and found myself 6th. “Not bad” I said to myself. This is exactly where I want to be. Now let’s try to push and get more.

Well, somewhere around lap 6, 8, or 9 I clipped the yellow curb on the last turn which shot my car onto the run off. Plus it gave me a time penalty cause it said I cut the corner, even though I was punished for clipping the yellow curb.

Freakin’ brilliant Codie’s.

Then my wish was granted when the front runners such as Frobo pitted for new US tires as the rain was coming down. I was pretty excited to see how this was going to work out. As expected when I pitted for Inters, I had a healthy gap on Frobo and resumed the lead.

Then the rain kept coming down harder and harder, and I saw multiple guys behind pit for wets. Now, with a 23+ second lead you would think I would stay out and manage my tires since I have such a big gap. Well... It’s better to be safe than “Sorry Geoff.”

I remember coming out of the pits very cautiously and Vali just, I mean, juuuuuuust barely passed me for the lead. I tried getting around him and force him into a mistake but he did a helluva job holding on. Good points day for me (obviously) so can’t really complain with a second with how the race played out.

Onto Silverstone and hopefully play spoiler since about half of F7 is from the UK.

Reactions: Hockeyhead019