Apr 22, 2014
Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 10th December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
@Jozzers I can't race this weekend unfortunately. I'm going out for dinner on sunday

Head Squid

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 24, 2017
I am willing to host a practice session tomorrow if you guys are interested?

Jozzers

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 22, 2014
@Douwe_C are you happy to host again this week? I will be there but your connection is far better than mine..

Jess

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jun 4, 2017
Unfortunately guys I will have to resign from this league until I get my wheel fixed and I have more time to race again. I was looking forward to racing tonight, but my pedals are broken and need to get it fixed. I missed too many races already and I feel like I need more practice too. I want to give someone else who has more time and has a working wheel! xx Good luck for rest of season and fingers crossed I should be alright for the next season of AOR F1 :) Good luck! xx @Jozzers

Jozzers

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 22, 2014
Ok thanks @Jess

I'm touch and go at the moment, not dropped the kids back to their mothers yet so will be a rush to make it back in time..

Douwe_C

Pro Karter
Aug 10, 2017
Sorry everyone for this late response, but I will be hosting tonight's race again like last week. So around 7:50 PM you can
all expect an invite from me for the session.

Regarding all the new guys that have joined this week, welcome!
I believe I managed to add everyone on steam except for @garytate. I could not find your id on steam so please
add me on steam. Id: Douwe_C

Good luck everyone tonight!

Billamy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 7, 2017
RIP, my game crashed and I couldn't re-take control of my car. Bad start for a first timer haha.
GL to all the others

garytate

Junior Karter
Dec 5, 2017
RIP, my game crashed and I couldn't re-take control of my car. Bad start for a first timer haha.
GL to all the others
Don't worry, didn't realize someone was slowing down for a blue flag and slammed straight into the back and last my tire

Last edited:

Billamy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Don't worry, didn't realize someone was slowing down for a blue flag and slammed straight into the back and last my tire
ooh ouch... well at least I wasn't taken out by the game itself haha. Bad luck though...

AspergerNerd

Pro Karter
Nov 30, 2016
Massive apologies. I saw the blue flag and I pulled off the racing line to let you through, probably shouldn't have braked so much, or even braked at all. I wanted to let you past before the corner because I'm abominably slow on that one. The internet disconnected me in the end. Apologies to @Biolite80 as well, I turned the corner and I don't really know whether my braking was too sudden or it was because I was wobbling out of the corner. Anyway as these incidents occur quite often and I'm always like 10 seconds or something off the pace, even with this new wheel, I'm considering pulling out the league. Please let me know what people think about this.

• Friendly
Reactions: garytate

garytate

Junior Karter
Dec 5, 2017
Massive apologies. I saw the blue flag and I pulled off the racing line to let you through, probably shouldn't have braked so much, or even braked at all. I wanted to let you past before the corner because I'm abominably slow on that one. The internet disconnected me in the end. Apologies to @Biolite80 as well, I turned the corner and I don't really know whether my braking was too sudden or it was because I was wobbling out of the corner. Anyway as these incidents occur quite often and I'm always like 10 seconds or something off the pace, even with this new wheel, I'm considering pulling out the league. Please let me know what people think about this.
No worries, I approached from so far when you were slowing down I should've realized but didn't - was just a fault in my part, and for quitting the league, honestly you should just stay in and overtime you're naturally going to pick up pace :)

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
I completely screwed up my braking point on the first corner, tried to avoid hitting anyone but I do believe I tapped at least one person. My apologies for the lack of control.

Sloth

Pro Karter
Nov 9, 2017
just noticed that I posted this in the wrong link so here is what I posted.

yess! what a race my best race by far I quali in 9th that was my best quali time and then I started the race and got a drive though penalty ( I jumped the finish) so I did that then I was back at 14th then just put my head down and made it all the way up to 6th and then got passed and finished in 7th ( but there is one thing I need to say , I think we need to all get together and do a starting practise because the last couple rounds have been very bad and its unfair on the people that get taken out on the first lap (like the crash we had in baku where there was me and 2 or 3 other guys out on the first lap and like today , I was lucky to come out without a mark but some people was not) but anyway I had fun today see you in Silverstone!

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
not mad @AspergerNerd ..it happens...I tried to stay as tight to the inside as I could, I think you just lost your rear end...It didn't kill me ;)

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016
My highlights of the race
Well done to @Douwe_C for another stellar drive tho close the gap to just 6 points between me and him. @Douwe_C has finished top 5 every race except China where he was on course for a podium and disconnected. The last few races I was looking @RichyB and worrying about him and unfortunately he could not make it tonight even so I am sure he might have won. I am looking forward to Britain my home race and one of my best tracks where hopefully I can still hold onto my slender lead. Also well done to @gameguy nl for an amazing defence, he kept me behind for 15 or so laps before unfortunately making a mistake and dropping bac, we had a good clean battle which I thoroughly enjoyed. I really do not have the pace to challenge for win so anymore and only scraped second due to my 1 stop strategy, even then @Douwe_C finished over 10 seconds ahead and @TRL_graveltrap finished right behind me. I think the championship will go down to the wire this season and although I would love to win it @RichyB and @Douwe_C seem like the pair to beat and I will need consistent podiums like @Douwe_C has done if I want to keep up my position.