PS4 - ROUND 9 - AUSTRIAN GRAND PRIX [9/12/18 8:00 PM U.K.] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 ROUND 9 - AUSTRIAN GRAND PRIX [9/12/18 8:00 PM U.K.]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 9th December 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Reactions: ELIT3_gam3boy

APeeeX_EU

Pro Karter
Nov 11, 2018
Congrats @DemoN, well deserved.
If I knew that you have these penaltys, I think i would have won the race. But its okay, you were definetly faster today and you deserved that win and im very happy with that 2nd Place :)

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Thanks guys xD

An unbelievable race. I knew coming into this that I should have the pace to win, but oh my to win it like that I was so relieved and pumped it was amazing! The amount of motivation the 5 second penalty gave me was incredible because I knew I had to put in a seriously impressive stint to even have a chance of winning, and then when I got another 3 second penalty I thought it might just be impossible. Then in the last 4/5 laps it suddenly became very possible at the rate the gap was extending. I finally did enough half way around the final lap, and honestly I still can't quite believe I made it happen.

Fair play on a great drive @APeeeX_EU. Your pace at the start of stints was really good, and it's a thoroughly deserved first podium. Playing the long game from the word go thankfully worked out for me as I kept up the consistency and tyre life to push to the end. Also I'd appreciate it if @F1_Dan could stop getting penalties so we can get @FTR_SergiMtZ off the podium one of these days ;) Another good result for you, fair play. Looks like this could be quite an intense battle :D

APeeeX_EU

Pro Karter
Nov 11, 2018
It was great fun this race, hopefully i can drive in silverstone but I think i cant because of changing my home :D

If not see you in Germany for my home gp ;)

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying
Did two laps on my first two runs and then one lap for the last two runs. Not much to say about them really. I finished qualifying with a 1:04.218 which was enough to put me P11. Nice to be a bit further up the field for a change.

Race
Had a good start off the line but I believe someone was on the inside of @ELIT3_gam3boy at T1, which caused me to get a bit squeezed off the track. Then at T2, I think the same happened again with someone else which resulted in contact this time and me having to go off the track. I then got an illegal overtake warning on @VSR_Jake who was at the back, resulting in me having to give up places and end up being in last place. Not a great start...

From here I was just following behind, but happy that I actually had the pace to race, battle and overtake others! Lap 6 and I think @ELIT3_gam3boy got caught out at T2 as I received a hefty wack from behind, just missing the car ahead of me myself due to it. But trouble came anyway, as at T3 @VSR_Jake and Brujo472Severo (No idea their tag nor can I find any details about them) were battling and resulted in Brujo off the track and coming across into my path which led to me hitting them and damaging my wing...

And that was my race. He soon passed me later on though (with a bit of a squeeze at T3) and the only positions I gained were from those who quit out of the race. The only bit of fun/potential controversy was when I pitted a second time as I exited just ahead of the leader @DemoN. So I then had the new goal of not getting lapped haha. Initially, I did get blue flags, but I was hoping that with my fresh tyres that I'd be able to pull away and get rid of them which is what I did. Albeit barely haha. He was constantly on my tail but far away enough that I wasn't getting blue flags. So even though I technically didn't do anything wrong, I still apologise for that Demon. Hope you weren't too annoyed haha...

In the end I was able to finish on the lead lap and claim P11. So a disappointing race this one. I finally had pace to battle others which got ruined. Definitely could have got points which makes it more annoying as who knows if there'll be another track where I can actually do well at. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Silverstone next and I'm pretty sure I've never done that well there, so I don't expect it'll be there.

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
The only bit of fun/potential controversy was when I pitted a second time as I exited just ahead of the leader @DemoN. So I then had the new goal of not getting lapped haha. Initially, I did get blue flags, but I was hoping that with my fresh tyres that I'd be able to pull away and get rid of them which is what I did. Albeit barely haha. He was constantly on my tail but far away enough that I wasn't getting blue flags. So even though I technically didn't do anything wrong, I still apologise for that Demon. Hope you weren't too annoyed haha...
No, absolutely not! You had every right to get on with your race and you weren't affecting mine. I was just hoping for a cheeky bit of DRS on the last lap or so to claw my way to the win but thankfully I didn't need it. I was pushing like a b*tch if you didn't notice :ROFLMAO:

• Friendly
Reactions: SolidNinjaSnake

FTR_Drez

S17 AOR PS4 F3 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Well, that was a horrible grand prix!
First when I tried to join the lobby, it tells me that i have not the psn plus, which did that i couldn´t join the lobby. the problem was that I was not able to pay again for the plus yesterday so I was in trouble. Then I realised that I had another account that it has the psn plus. At the end I joined with that account (brujo472severo) and race with it. I understand if I get a race ban or something like that because at the end it was my fault.

Qualy: First lap was a 1.04.0 which was not the best lap but I had three times to try to beat that. But what happens? yes, I lost connection and had to join again to the lobby. The problem was I did not know I could take again the control of my car and I completely destroyed my race there because I started p8 and my race pace was poor.

Race: All OK till turn 3 where @Alex20 tried a divebomb down my inside ( I was already at the inside), which did that I took the corner more conservative and lost a couple of place and a flap of my front wing. Then with US I battled with Alex in an aggressive but fair battle for p10 I thing. On lap 7 or so I took the last corner a little bit too early and lost 3 position because of the bump there (also a 3 second penalty which is a joke). I tried get back to the points and the first stop was @VSR_Jake. I tried to go on the outside at turn 4 but he squeezed me too much, touch a little bit of the grass and hit @SolidNinjaSnake ( All the time you have to the space!!) . That resulted in both with broken front wings and to be a fair driver I waited @SolidNinjaSnake to overtake me because at the end it was me who hit him. The nothing more happened in the race.

The bad luck and my own mistakes decided my race.

• Friendly

FAP_Alex20

Pro Karter
Sep 1, 2018
First when I tried to join the lobby, it tells me that i have not the psn plus, which did that i couldn´t join the lobby. the problem was that I was not able to pay again for the plus yesterday so I was in trouble. Then I realised that I had another account that it has the psn plus. At the end I joined with that account (brujo472severo) and race with it. I understand if I get a race ban or something like that because at the end it was my fault.

Qualy: First lap was a 1.04.0 which was not the best lap but I had three times to try to beat that. But what happens? yes, I lost connection and had to join again to the lobby. The problem was I did not know I could take again the control of my car and I completely destroyed my race there because I started p8 and my race pace was poor.

Race: All OK till turn 3 where @Alex20 tried a divebomb down my inside ( I was already at the inside), which did that I took the corner more conservative and lost a couple of place and a flap of my front wing. Then with US I battled with Alex in an aggressive but fair battle for p10 I thing. On lap 7 or so I took the last corner a little bit too early and lost 3 position because of the bump there (also a 3 second penalty which is a joke). I tried get back to the points and the first stop was @VSR_Jake. I tried to go on the outside at turn 4 but he squeezed me too much, touch a little bit of the grass and hit @SolidNinjaSnake ( All the time you have to the space!!) . That resulted in both with broken front wings and to be a fair driver I waited @SolidNinjaSnake to overtake me because at the end it was me who hit him. The nothing more happened in the race.

Mate, I don't remember the divebomb into turn 3, don't think it was me to be honest;);)

F1_Dan

F1 Test Driver
Feb 26, 2015
If @FTR_SergiMtZ feels like picking up a time penalty at some point that would be great...

Was very surprised that all of the top 10 committed to ultras, so started P14. Race was solid, pace wasn't that great on the softs but still came out around P7 I think and then had some good fun on the supers to the end apart from when codies denied me DRS for 3 laps. No complaints to finish P4 after starting so far down (y)

VSR_Neptune

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 9, 2018

If it appears I didn’t leave the space I apologise, i gave you the squeeze but veered right to give (on my screen) enough space, but you can never trust this game

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Weren't really highlights from this race as such. A very short amount of action for the lead then it was all just about getting my head down and getting the gap out. However...

Enjoy my 3rd pole lap of the season :)