PS4 - Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix - Sunday 9th December 2018 8:00PM (UK Time) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix - Sunday 9th December 2018 8:00PM (UK Time)

HoinkDoink

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 18, 2017
Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 9th December 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@washy03
@Stewart Macdougall
@OasisFan95
@Macca-
@Zolaaman

Last edited:

Seca

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 15, 2016
Looking forward to this race! Maybe, just maybe... I'll finish. lol

HoinkDoink

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 18, 2017
1. We had another first time winner in France, well done @Rolfnaldo Will we get another here?
2. With Austria being the shortest track on the calendar are you expecting battle throughout the race?
3. Austria is another track where it is easy to collect penalties, how many will there be and how much of an impact will they make?

@washy03 @Philip_66 @Donks @syluntbob @HoinkDoink @Carcanon @Stewart Macdougall @Seca @pete day @JvNiemi @Bashful4 @Macca- @Rolfnaldo @Renner9 @Mattcarpenter23 @milanozie @OasisFan95 @Musop @Zolaaman @jlug331221 @ColeBurch14 @SMike_14 @Booje89 @alexP

Carcanon

S16 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Dec 8, 2017
1. We had another first time winner in France, well done @Rolfnaldo Will we get another here?
@Bashful4 and @pete day seem to practice a lot or at least improve very fast. I see them as the favorites for coming races.
2. With Austria being the shortest track on the calendar are you expecting battle throughout the race?
Yes, with the DRS you can stay easily within one second of each other. Is going to be a fun one.
3. Austria is another track where it is easy to collect penalties, how many will there be and how much of an impact will they make?
I do not think that there are going to be much penalties. Isn't that hard to stay on track.

Reactions: pete day

Bashful4

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 5, 2018
As we are seeing so far, we never know.
Yes for sure it will be battle to the end.
I think it will be easy to get penaltys, special in the first corner. Penaltys always have an impact.

Rolfnaldo

Pro Karter
Sep 12, 2018
I sure as hell hope Not allthough i had no Minute of practizing this Week so i just Hope to have a fun Race and See if i can get a few Points .... Podium is out of Range i guess
I think it’s really fun But it’s easy to make a mistake behind someone so we‘ll See about Long battles
Except for turn 1 ... you can keep it on track pretty easy i guess ... this Statement is probably gonna Hunt me down sunday Night

HoinkDoink

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 18, 2017
Just a reminder about this rule, certainly applies to this track

Stay within the white line when entering and exiting the pit lane. If you cause a dangerous situation by crossing the pit entrance or exit line, or if this is done in a way that blatantly gains time or track position, you will be penalised.

Please stay to the right side of the track when entering the pits

@washy03 @Philip_66 @Donks @syluntbob @HoinkDoink @Carcanon @Stewart Macdougall @Seca @pete day @JvNiemi @Bashful4 @Macca- @Rolfnaldo @Renner9 @Mattcarpenter23 @milanozie @OasisFan95 @Musop @Zolaaman @jlug331221 @ColeBurch14 @SMike_14 @Booje89 @alexP @Wiberg9

Zolaaman

Formula Karter
Sep 13, 2018
Sorry for the late notice but I’m need to miss this one as well.
Good luck to all!

milanozie

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 3, 2018
Race ruined within 20 seconds...
I don't know what happend, but someone in front of me didn't move from the starting grid, had to avoid him and then it looked like I got punted into the wall by someone..
Waiting for my video to process to see what happend, but this was really disappointing.

Carcanon

S16 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Dec 8, 2017
Race ruined within 20 seconds...
I don't know what happend, but someone in front of me didn't move from the starting grid, had to avoid him and then it looked like I got punted into the wall by someone..
Waiting for my video to process to see what happend, but this was really disappointing.
This was @Mattcarpenter23, I think he had issues with his racing wheel. Got a orange front wing of that as well.

Musop

Pro Karter
Jun 23, 2018
One of tue redbulls had a Bad start I think @milanozie
just saw you getting in the wall

Q: P11
R: P11
Spun out twice in the First Corner (Never happened in Practice:/)+ One extra stop

No Chance to get close to anyone
About 13-14 sec distance to @Seca at the end

Carcanon

S16 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Dec 8, 2017
Q: 14/15
R: 8

I choose to start at the back for this race.
At the start @Mattcarpenter23 didnt move of his line and when he did he spun into my front wing, had a orange front wing.
Went wide when I wanted to go into the pits so I had to wait at the side to let @HoinkDoink and I think @Philip_66 pass me. Then I braked too late for the pit entrance what resulted in a penalty, went onto the SS and was the fastest man on the field at that moment pretty constant low/mid 8.
Catched up with a few and when a was into 5/6 behind @Seca I wanted into the pits and thought he went also into the pits but moved out of it suddenly what I didn't expect so I turned into the wall again and yes, braked too late for the pit entrance again.
So had to serve a stop and go and a change of my front wing. Went onto the Softs and was very consistent in high 7s and low/mid 8s.
Catched up to others very fast, had a small fun battle with @Seca and after that I was trying to catch up on @HoinkDoink. Had a small battle with him of a few round and finally could overtake him after the third drs.
Finished 8th with a lap 1 crash, two broken front wings changes, stop and go, 8 seconds of penalties and just within 30 seconds of the winner. That was fun.

Mattcarpenter23

Pro Karter
Aug 15, 2018
Q13
R DNF

horrible start for me no lights appeared on my screen so had no idea we was going I saw people in front of me go and I went I got hit from behind and that pushed me into @Carcanon very sorry for this. I reviewed the footage and the lights appeared on the video so no idea what happend but leading up to forming on the grid @HoinkDoink was ghosting inside of my car this maybe why my lights didn’t appear. Had to pit on lap 1 for new front wing and decided to go on softs I was comfortable on 1.09.1 times controlling my pace and looking after my tyres. @Carcanon came out of the pits and we was racing for position a few laps later at turn 2 I spun the car with a red front wing again and no chance of points I decided to retire.

On a positive note I’m getting much better on the wheel and with one of my favourite tracks coming up I’m hoping for a good race.

Gratz to the race winner and podium guys also @HoinkDoink for some great points

Reactions: Carcanon