Apr 3, 2018
Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 9th December 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

Last edited:

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
I wonder if we'll get a repeat of this lap 1:unsure:

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Won’t be making it this weekend and potentially next weekend. This was unexpected as my mom is extremely sick and I need to fly home and see her. Hope you guys can understand. I hope to be back next weekend or the weekend after. But family comes first especially in this circumstance. Thanks and see you guys on track sooner than later!

PS: Hopefully when I’m back I’ll have my new Fanatec set up ;)

Tobias Eichinger

Semi-Pro Karter
May 7, 2017
And with that - I'm done.

I know I can get blacklisted for this but for me, it has been just pure frustration for weeks now. I always kept telling myself, next time it will be better. Next time you will have more luck - or don't make those silly mistakes - but next time never came.

I just can't see any more fun racing. So, knowing of the risk it might prevent me from ever coming back in the future, I'm gonna quit this season.
Better for everyone if maybe someone that can find more enjoyment replaces me here.

This is farewell then.....

Goodbye, and sorry for wasting your time.

PedroPMF

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 11, 2017
Hey, I would recommend you to not retire. As I once told Eren, sometimes, which may mean months, you may have bad luck, made a mistake, etc, but giving up is not the solution. I was right behind you and saw you were drifting all over the place, so you were probably using a too agressive setup. Apart from that, you dont know how you will feel about league racing in the future so it might be worth it to not be blacklisted. @Tobias Eichinger

Last edited:
Reactions: Hasnain

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Race Report:
Qualifying - P12
Was always a bit off the pace in that last session, messed up the last corner on my last lap but probably would've only put me 10th anyway.

Race - P4 (Provisional)
Given that half the track is a DRS zone, I decided to start on softs and just stay within DRS of the pack for as long as possible as they battled. Start off the line was decent, was cautious going into T1, and also had to delay my turn in as Kane had come diving up the inside. Unfortunately for him, he got spun round on the kerb, for me this meant I had lost a bit of momentum going up the hill and by the end of the next lap I was P15.

After that I was just trying to keep up with the pack. By lap 7, I had dropped back a couple of seconds. Unfortunately at the top of the hairpin, Taquilo was spinning around, and I caught him at an awkward point meaning I hit him and got minor damage from it. The car didn't feel too bad so decided to carry on with the one stop. On lap 10, Schnixel and Undefined had their incident, and as I went past a slow moving Schnixel, the game gave me an illegal overtake as the yellows were still out. So I gave the position back as I hadn't made my pitstop yet and had a front wing change to do as well in the first place, this also allowed Undefined back through.

The pace had dropped but stuck it out till lap 18 to go onto supers (probably could've came in a couple of laps earlier but wanted to play it safe on tyre wear). After that I was trying to chase down Schnixel whilst trying not to destroy my tyres as Hiippari was on a charge behind me. When I did catch Schnixel I couldn't get a good run on him and then on the back straight I missed my braking and went off track to avoid hitting Schnixel which cost me the position to Hiippari. Luckliy for me, Vik had damage and had created quite the train, this allowed me to close up enough to gain all 4 positions on penalties (insert Jeremy Clarkson smug face).

Given how the race went, that result was much better than it should've been. That's 4 P4's in the last 5 races for me now might as well start calling me Arsenal.
Congrats to @jomppalainen on the win and to @Jordy Lopez and @PedroPMF on the podium.

Highlights:

Last edited:

PedroPMF

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 11, 2017
Race Report:
Qualifying - P12
Was always a bit off the pace in that last session, messed up the last corner on my last lap but probably would've only put me 10th anyway.

Race - P4 (Provisional)
Given that half the track is a DRS zone, I decided to start on softs and just stay within DRS of the pack for as long as possible as they battled. Start off the line was decent, was cautious going into T1, and also had to delay my turn in as Kane had come diving up the inside. Unfortunately for him, he got spun round on the kerb, for me this meant I had lost a bit of momentum going up the hill and by the end of the next lap I was P15.

After that I was just trying to keep up with the pack. By lap 7, I had dropped back a couple of seconds. Unfortunately at the top of the hairpin, Taquilo was spinning around, and I caught him at an awkward point meaning I hit him and got minor damage from it. The car didn't feel too bad so decided to carry on with the one stop. On lap 10, Schnixel and Undefined had their incident, and as I went past a slow moving Schnixel, the game gave me an illegal overtake as the yellows were still out. So I gave the position back as I hadn't made my pitstop yet and had a front wing change to do as well in the first place, this also allowed Undefined back through.

The pace had dropped but stuck it out till lap 18 to go onto supers (probably could've came in a couple of laps earlier but wanted to play it safe on tyre wear). After that I was trying to chase down Schnixel whilst trying not to destroy my tyres as Hiippari was on a charge behind me. When I did catch Schnixel I couldn't get a good run on him and then on the back straight I missed my braking and went off track to avoid hitting Schnixel which cost me the position to Hiippari. Luckliy for me, Vik had damage and had created quite the train, this allowed me to close up enough to gain all 4 positions on penalties (insert Jeremy Clarkson smug face).

Given how the race went, that result was much better than it should've been. That's 4 P4's in the last 5 races for me now might as well start calling me Arsenal.
Congrats to @jomppalainen on the win and to @Jordy Lopez and @PedroPMF on the podium.

Highlights:
WHY ON EARTH DID YOU HAVE THE BRAKING BOARDS AND I DID NOT? THIS GAME IS DEFINETELY A JOKE. Apart from that, good job on getting 0 warnings

Last edited:
Reactions: Hasnain

Jordy Lopez

Pro Karter
Dec 22, 2016
Q. First qualifying in the rain and I must say it was very fun and challenging. My last hot lap was .2 up from my previous time and i messed up the final sector and got a cut. Qualified P3.

R. I decided to go for US because it was gonna be a fresh set and I was gonna be able to make passes with the quicker tire. Off the line i got a great start but no where to put the car so i had to settle for third and the next lap, I made a move in the hairpin for 2nd. A few laps later I caught up to jomp and made the move for the lead. I knew it was gonna be hard to pull away because by the time I got to him, i felt my tires getting worse. I stretched the tire to the end of lap 11 and pitted for the softs. I thought that I was gonna be able to pull a gap for pitting alittle early but it ended up back firing later in the race. I tried to stay penalty free because i knew it would be a straight race to the finish. One of the laps in the soft run, i went alittle wide into t1 and got my penalty. I knew the race was lost because jomp kept gaining on me and he didnt have a penalty. I’m happy to have finished on podium every race I finished. Congrats to jomp on the win! He won it fair and square and looking forward to racing him more this season.

Reactions: Schnixel and KazF1

frandythomsen

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 10, 2017
Quali: Awful from me, could have done a lot better, but i bottled my last 2 attempts. Still it seems like i have lost some of the good wet pace i had on the last game:cry:
Race: A lot happened in the first few laps and eventually i ended up in 7th, but on the first lap i got some front wing damage after hitting @KazF1 while going side by side. I managed to keep up with some guys because of the battling and the slipstream fest, but around lap 7 i was side by side with @Schnixel and i outbroke myself and hit @xXVik-StarRxX and got even worse damage. Luckily he didnt spin, but i had to pit early and i dont think i would have been able to take the softs to the end so i went for the SS. Then i did a stupid mistake by spinning on the kerb on the final corner loosing me around 10 sec. Then nothing really happened except some battling with @tough_2_handle where i catched him on lap 23/24 and didnt get DRS before lap 28, because the game is absouletely fantastic. Got 10th even tho i crossed the line in 9th because i had a lot of pens. Could have been so much better if i just stayed out of trouble so very disappointing.

Reactions: KazF1