• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
My worst Race so far this season, qualified on primes because my quali pace would've got me only around p6-p8 anyway.

I had a good start and was up in p6 i think ,but then i had to brake cause everyone was pretty slow on the run to eau rouge and made myself vunerable [email protected] , who closed the gap to me and with having primes i turned earlier into the corner than usual and destroyed his and my race, as i already said in the chat, i am really sorry for that !!

Then the race was over as i crwled back to the pits and from then on it was just a damage limitation drive. Ihad a couple of good fights with Nico and Brandon and managed to finish 6th, which is really the best i was able to do. I had some descent race pace as always, but tbh it would be difficult to finish on the podium anyway, so i am not too disappointed.

Congrats to @TyranoTigger @Andrei Codreanu and @Desimpele and hopefully i am able to be on the Podium again in Monza

TyranoTigger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Q - Messed up 1st run so had to do a banker lap on my 2nd run because I needed 2 new sets of options in case I had to 3 stop in the race. Lap was good until I nearly spun out of the final corner :nailbiting:

R - Start was good and there was some fighting behind which let me escape from the slipstream. I decided to take care of my tyres a bit so I would have the opportunity to 2 or 3 stop. Pulled out a decent gap and then @Andrei Codreanu went for the undercut on options. At this point I expected him and @Desimpele to 3 stop. After the stop I was on the primes and Andrei the options, we were basically stuck together because of the slipstream so it was back and forth on the DRS straights. After a while his options started degrading and I could overtake and pull away. Went onto the options for the final stint and got past Andrei pretty quickly after he had undercut again.

Interesting race, hopefully we can have a few more racing next week though.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
@alexukr can I see your pov of our incident from the first lap please. I'm not going to the stewards with it because I DNF'd and both our races were ruined, just wanted to see what it looked like on your side.

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
Had to compromise stuff to be able to make the 2 stop work and that meant a bad qualifying as well. low 45, maybe even more was possible. Start was weird, it felt like @Andrei Codreanu parked the car after turn 1? and after that I drove the entire race in p3 really... I was always quite close to the top 2 and saw them "fighting" but they were more toe-ing eachother around the track so I couldn't get closer in the end. To the commentators; if you see me doing the same strategy as the wheel users, you can expect me to drop off at the end of the stints because my prefered window usually comes 2 laps (or so, depends on track) earlier. I got to chose to compromise in speed or track position with chosing strategy... Anyway, well done the commentators (keep in mind the penalty's and you can check them if you do "view lap times" person by person really quick that way as I mentioned in the other topic amongst other things) and I also wouldn't mind a 3rd commentator if there was a spot free anyway, for me no need to drop someone who's done it already... congratz to all who need congratzing :p

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
@alexukr can I see your pov of our incident from the first lap please. I'm not going to the stewards with it because I DNF'd and both our races were ruined, just wanted to see what it looked like on your side
I have forgotten to record this, but my view is pretty much the Same as in your recording, maybe there was a little bit of lag involved, but still i turned in too early

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
To the commentators; if you see me doing the same strategy as the wheel users, you can expect me to drop off at the end of the stints because my prefered window usually comes 2 laps (or so, depends on track) earlier. I got to chose to compromise in speed or track position with chosing strategy... Anyway, well done the commentators (keep in mind the penalty's and you can check them if you do "view lap times" person by person really quick that way as I mentioned in the other topic amongst other things) and I also wouldn't mind a 3rd commentator if there was a spot free anyway, for me no need to drop someone who's done it already... congratz to all who need congratzing :p
Well here I can also add, that they didn't seem to see the fact, that once I managed to pass @TyranoTigger on the options, after the first stop, I couldn't create enough gap in sector 2 to get away, so there was no point on pushing much more, meaning that I did save fuel in sector 3 to let him pass and come back on the first DRS zone, just to drag us away from @Desimpele , as even if I tried to make the win as hard as possible to @TyranoTigger , I was much more focused on keeping the distance to Des, in order to finish 2nd. But anyway great stream again, so keep up the good work and let's hope for a flawless lobby like yesterday, with which I mean at least without having any disconnects / mass-disconnects.

Congratz to @TyranoTigger , tried my best to give you some fights, but there was simply a 0.4-0.5s gap per lap overall to him.

It's also great to see @Birkoff up there, Happy Birthday my friend!

• Friendly
Reactions: Birkoff

Nico

2-time AOR Rally League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Q 4th - Ok lap, my consistency in qualifying is not great so i was happy to get a 45,7.

R 7th- Lost a few positions on lap 1 after i had to avoid a few incidents.
Race pretty much over on lap 5 when @oljoca came back on track after going wide in turn 9 Malmedy (yes i had to look that one up :bookworm:), i was right behind and could not avoid him. We both lost out front wings.
After that the 4 guys with brand new front wings (Me, oljoca, @alexukr and @Bcolt93 ) had some good battles for the bottom positions (y).