PC - Round 9 - Hungarian Grand Prix [25/06/2017 - 8:00pm UK time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 9 - Hungarian Grand Prix [25/06/2017 - 8:00pm UK time]

NLE JurY

Formula Karter
Apr 13, 2017
I really feel lucky when I read all your summuraries, once again everything went good for me #fingerscrossed

Qualifying : P6. Pleased with my lap. I guess P6 in qualifying is an outstanding performance for me lol. Just a shame about Jury's last sector glitch

Race : P3. Safe start on Softs, I held the inside of the 1st corner and I kept my P6. Next corner, @Dazzy Oz @Metten and @Scott_Aitchison went very wide, I dove in the inside which allowed me to pass Scott and unfortunatly for him he has been -instead of me- one of the victims of Ely's lag. I was entering the second sector P5, with, already, a comfortable gap ahead of the back (~2s). Few corners later @fraguitar89 and @Dazzy Oz crashed as you must have seen from their POV above, @Metten has also lost time because he couldn't avoid them. I got past really, REALLY close from them at the outside so it gave me 2 others positions so I was on the podium in P3, behind fraguitar who didn't lose a lot of time despite his incident

After that it was a quiet race. I pitted in L14 -my only stop- to put mediums to go to the end with it. @Metten who has pitted one lap earlier managed to reduce the gap behind on his Supersofts, and after one lap trying to hold him the best I could, he overtook me at T3. Despite he was on SS and I on Mediums, I managed to keep a 1/2s gap certainly thanks to the tyre wear. He stopped a second time at L22 so I got my 3rd place back, really far from the top 2 though (~15s)

Anyway I was still hopping for a 2nd place as Fraguitar had to stop another time and I was expecting @JurYEdits to easily win the race as I though he would have gone until the end on Mediums, like me. Fraguitar stopped at L27 but Jury stopped as well one lap later.. At this point I was thinking I could win but my worn Mediums tyres against Fraguitar's fresh supersofts brought me back to reality and I actually led only 1 lap. Few laps later Jury overtook me as well, Tried to defend a bit but it was hopeless.

Finally finished 3rd, 10s behind both Italians but still a strong result :)

Another podium this season. My home be like
Unluckily I wasn't focusing much on the strategy and I failed yeah haha could have won it but had a lot of fun this weekend. About the glitch of the last sector I have the recording of an another lap that would had been the fastest anyway so I don't think I had fucked up the positions ;) btw great racing!

• Agree
Reactions: KurvZ and Meireloso

Meireloso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
About the glitch of the last sector I have the recording of an another lap that would had been the fastest anyway so I don't think I had fucked up the positions ;) btw great racing!
Fortunately you made the fastest lap anyway :) Even if we couldn't blame you... How could you guess you gain 2s in the last sector thanks to a glitch when you crossed the line ? Just another stupid stuff from Codies

• Agree
Reactions: Metten

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Well Guys,

I decided to Join this league because i thought i was going to get some nice clean racing, however for my 3rd race in this league i have again been punted off on the first lap.

The first race i didn't mind so much, the second conditions weren't great so was fine with it, but incident with @ChineseWiener is just getting daft now.. Punting my rear on the exit of the corner then barging past the next corner causing me to spin out.
There's no fun in being 30 seconds behind the next car ahead at the back of the pack every race.

I was unfortunately on bad tyres so i spun myself out, no harm done! Also. i was directly behind you for the 1st lap incident and there was definitely a lag spike that caused it.

Please dont make me chase the pack again... i want to race! :)
I think every first lap i get hit now i'm going to start putting them up as it's getting out of hand now.:banghead:
@fraguitar89 from 2nd to last cheers for that.
Forward these kinds of issues to the Stewards Panel

• Informative
Reactions: Jipper and KurvZ

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Forward these kinds of issues to the Stewards Panel
Thanks for the Advice @H_pro1,

I wont be perusing the stewards on this occasion, @ChineseWiener may have ruined my race but he also didn't finish his own race either,

I was just venting frustration more than anything :sorry:, I haven't had a clean race yet, and all incident could have been avoided if we were racing like this is a marathon race and not a 1 lap sprint without caution or consideration for other drivers on the track.

Reactions: H_pro1

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014

Due to a bit of lag I lost a piece of my front wing which cost me stupid amount of time in the first stint. After that I knew my race for high positions was over. Nothing really happened in my race, I was driving alone and letting quicker guys past.

Craigieboy

Pro Karter
Apr 27, 2017
Quali: P7

A full length wet quali was the order of the day and I was having mixed fortunes with the conditions. With my laps I felt I was pretty strong in some parts but bottling it in others so I didn't really get a fully satisfying lap done. I could have maybe been 1 or 2 positions higher on a better day but that's racing for you.

Race: P6

First indication that this race wasn't going to be particularly good for me actually happened in the formation lap where I binned it trying to warm my tyres which is a first for me and pretty embarrassing, also meant some of you were waiting on the grid a bit longer so sorry for that. The actual start was fine and I held my grid position but into turn 2 @Ely' had some pretty bad lag which resulted in a pretty big collision with me. I think I may have compromised @Scott_Aitchison race too looking back at the footage due to the hit but I'm not sure on that. It's never nice to be involved in such incidents but given the circumstances there wasn't much that could have been done to prevent it and to be honest I don't think it really have too much impact on what my eventual finishing position was so I can't grumble too much.

This meant I was at the back after 1 lap and as a result I spent much of the first stint in close proximity with a lot of other cars which was both stressful and kinda exciting to be battling so much. However with Hungary being a pretty narrow and difficult track to make passes it was mostly frustrating but I had some luck making overtakes into turn 1 as well as passing others due to them making errors. On lap 5 I made an ambitious move into turn 4 on @KurvZ which is a possible overtaking location but I carried a tad too much speed and as a result forced KurvZ off the track. Soon after I made sure to let him back through without losing any extra places which was tricky as we were all pretty close to each other but I just about pulled it off.

On lap 10 I pitted for Mediums and switched to another set of Softs on lap 24. At the time it seemed my tyre wear was noticeably worse than others around me based on how longer it appeared others were going on their stints. I think this is partly down to not doing many tweaks to the setup in the time I had to practice so can't blame anyone but myself. Not much more action happened from my point of view, a couple of cars let me through for position after the initial chaos of the opening laps which I think was down to them being on alternate strategies and didn't want to lose time battling. In the end I got 6th just behind KurvZ but a significant gap between 5th and 4th.

Overall I can't complain too much, maybe like in quali I could have been 1 or 2 positions higher if everything went to plan but ultimately my pace wasn't there for the big points on that occasion.

Hopefully I can get back on the podium next time and get some more bottles of champagne for the collection like @Meireloso hehe.

Reactions: H_pro1 and KurvZ

fraguitar89

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 8, 2016
Amazing racing with @fraguitar89, and congrats for the 1st place!! It was the best and funniest race of my career! Thanks to all for racing this Sunday :)
Thanks mate! Staying so close for 35 laps was really exciting! I did my best each lap, super focus from the first to the last corner! Sadly shadowplay stopped recording after few corners because I did not realize I had no free space left on HDD.. anyway i really enjoyed this race and I would have been equally happy if I did p2 behind you, since I did my best and it was really fun!! Italy can be proud of our racing ;)

Thanks to everyone, see you all next Sunday!!

Last edited:
Reactions: KurvZ and Metten

Metten

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 19, 2017
Qualifying: 3rd
Race: 4th

As I saw the wet weather in qualifying I didn't know what to expect. I had not practiced a lot in the wet and even zero laps on the inters. After all I was really happy to qualify 3rd, knowing that my dry 1 lap pace would have been really fast and I think this was the position for me to be in. My last sector of my qualifying lap was not so good so 2nd was within reach.

Starting the race my first lap was full of action. First @Dazzy Oz went earlier on the brakes as I expected in turn 2 so I touched his back slightly resulting in a part of the front wing turning yellow. Then a couple of corners later @fraguitar89 and @Dazzy Oz collided and the ghosting system didn't work quick enough for me(I also didn't react quick enough :p) and the other half of my front wing turned yellow. After all this I luckily only dropped back to 5th place and at the start of the second lap I got back into 4th place due to @Scott_Aitchison pitting.

The damage on my front wing was not heavy enough to immediately pit, so I decided to finish this stint and change it at the official pit stop, whereafter going with an aggressive stratety (Strategy: S SS S) to make up lost time. But then at the pit stop somehow they didn't change it....... Going 1 lap earlier in the pits than @Meireloso, I made up some time after he pitted. He was on mediums so I knew I had to pass him as quickly as possible. At lap 16 in turn 2 I managed this.

After this not much happened anymore. The lack of front wing resulted in a lack of race pace, so @Meireloso was able to catch me on his mediums at the end of my SS stint. Also props to him for being so quick on the medium tire. After my second pit stop (where I decided to not change the front wing, because I was afraid for another glitch) I rejoined in 4th again and tried to catch Meireloso, but the gap was 14 seconds and my front wing damage resulted in not being able to catch him. Now it was just a matter of bringing the car home as there was a nice gap to the car behind me.

After all, due to the front wing damage, the maximum result possible and some really nice points gathered. Happy with this 4th place! Podium could have been possible without the damage, but that's racing. Congrats to all the people on the podium!! Of we go to Germany, where I hope to be able to gather some nice points again :D.

My POV below.

Metten

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 19, 2017
Hello all,

Got a small question. I see on steam that Assetto Corsa and Project Cars both have a big discount due to the steam sale. Do you guys think it is still worth it to buy one of these games. And so yes, which one would you recommend to me.

Cheers!

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Hello all,

Got a small question. I see on steam that Assetto Corsa and Project Cars both have a big discount due to the steam sale. Do you guys think it is still worth it to buy one of these games. And so yes, which one would you recommend to me.

Cheers!
I bought Assetto Corssa about a week ago, and so far it has been amazing. If you start playing it, do it after this F1 season, as you will never want to come back to this game :D. I have no experience with ProjectC. But all I know is that Assetto Corsa is great, and you can get almost any mods you like for free.

KurvZ

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 16, 2014
I have both and have driven both in leagues, I would go with AC if I could only have one it has a much much better physics engine than PCARS and IMO it feels much better although I have had more wins with PCARS league racing go figure.
In its defence, I feel PACRS has better engine sounds for the cars and the weather system workswell itss more of a finished overall game.
But apart from the above AC is much better I spent a few hours comparing GT4 BMW on both platforms at Nordschleife track and that ended with me uninstalling PCARS.

Assetto works well with the Fanatec wheel also all the leds and display work :)

Last edited: