XB1 - Round 9 - Italian Grand Prix - [17/06/18 8.00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 9 - Italian Grand Prix - [17/06/18 8.00pm]

Cathal

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 23, 2014
Qualifying - an okay qualifying, had an extra 2 tenths in my lap so could’ve been in P7 but had to settle on P10

Race - I had a great start and moved from
10th to 6th after turn 1, then had a nice close battle with @RT93 Axou86 and @RT93 Klaus for the first stint until I pit on lap 9 and came out of the pits with @Cinnamon Rage and @SolidOOFT, myself and Cinnamon on the softs were in the best position to claim 2nd and 3rd and I felt like that would’ve happened but I misjudged @Chris Leathers breaking point, had to avoid, still hit him, was on grass, tried to slow and prayed I wouldn’t hit someone but sadly collected Cinnamon. A poor result given 15 points were extremely achievable.

Counted my races and I could have 29 more points this season and be right in the battle for 2nd in the championship so now I know what I aim to achieve this season and hopefully I can accomplish it

EditedFaun3698

S16 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
Don’t be silly, and use a bit of deplomacy!!!

The game disqualified me ???? I didn’t retire voluntarily? I thought that was the end of race as indicated by the game!

Bayfield22

Formula 4 1st Driver
Nov 27, 2017
i think its because of the connection issues when people leave and the cars parking in difficult areas
Yeah, but I think there is an issue aswell when a player leaves the lobby, slipstream doesn’t work anymore for anyone still in the lobby

Germo

XB1 F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 12, 2015
Yeah, but I think there is an issue aswell when a player leaves the lobby, slipstream doesn’t work anymore for anyone still in the lobby
Yeah that is a glitch that happens, doesn't happen all the time though when a player leaves. There also another glitch where if a player leaves peoples set ups can be changed to default setups, doesn't happen all the time though

Last edited:

Cinnamon Rage

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Qualifying
Was decent. First run was safe (been cutting corners a lot when practicing) but a decent run. The second I pushed harder but a mistake into first chicane cost 2 tenths but I ended up 6-ish tenths. Don't think it would have changed my position, to be honest. 3rd is good.

Race
Ok start, avoiding the carnage behind me, maintained position. Did ok and gained a place after @EditedFaun3698 spun out. At the end of the first stint the tyres were going off badly and @Bayfield22 caught right up. Went into the pits and despite me telling the team at the start of the lap that I was coming in, they weren't ready. I sat there for about 5 seconds before they touched the car (and no, I didn't have a penalty). Came out behind @SolidOOFT and @Bayfield22 and a bit ahead of @Proulx2001. Eventually got a good run on @SolidOOFT and we have a really clean battle at the first chicane (he was was on slower tyres) but at the next corner @Proulx2001 lost control of his car on the grass and hit me as I went into the second chicane (see @SolidOOFT 's footage above). Had to reverse off the wall, no front wing for 3/4s of a lap and an unplanned pit-stop. Essentially, race over. Decided to fight for points and managed to get myself up to 8th. Saw the person in front was a bit over 3 seconds ahead so pushed hard in case they had a penalty and fortunately they did (6 seconds) and so did the 2 drivers in front (13 and 16 seconds) so jumped from 8th to 5th ? A good accidental recovery from a bit of a disaster race. Still, I should have been on for a podium ?

Almost forgot, my game had no race engine noise. Jeff and the turbo was there, no engine noise - made it so, so hard to know when to change gears! Wasn't my race (though @EditedFaun3698 still out-bad lucked me).

Race highlights
Will upload tonight, did some of the editing last night after the race so should get it up quicker than usual.

EditedFaun3698

S16 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
@EditedFaun3698 seems like you were the one not giving room. As far as i'm aware, you did the same to @Atul987 last round as well. View attachment 50745
@Dillon Katwa , think you should keep yourself out of other peoples issues, as this does not concern you! If @Atul987 or anybody has an issue with me, it’s for them to discuss.
I have no problem with anybody, which is why I put up my videos to back up my threads and conversations, but have no issues with you if you have an issue with me?

EditedFaun3698

S16 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
@RT93 Klaus,

I’m sorry I pulled over to you, this was an accident and not intentional, after seeing your video, I would be upset also. But from my video, I didn’t think you was that close, sorry