Apr 23, 2017
Round 9 - Italian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 17th June 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

VnTrMinty

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Sorry for the late notice but unfortunately it’s very unlikely I’ll be racing tonight due to my internet still not being connected at the new place. Hoping to come back for next race but I will let you know @Chris Leather. gutted as have very strong pace around Monza.

Best of luck to all drivers!

Reactions: Chris Leather

Xterm1n8or

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 27, 2018
@Chris Leather There's a small chance I won't make tonight's race as I'm taking my dad out for a father's Day meal.

I will hopefully be back in time and will post in here at about 7.50 pm to confirm what I'm doing.

Sorry that it's a bit late notice! Thanks

Jott3r

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 9, 2018
Quite frankly, that race was pathetic.
  • Started P4 and made gains from the start, only to be spun out;
  • Made great time on my Softs, only to lose my backend and have to pit for a new front wing, only for it not to be changed;
  • All of this topped off with a car deciding not to return to the track safely after going off, causing me to lose more of my front wing.
Called it quits at Lap 12, very disappointing.

Lap 1: (jemmin518 vs Jott3r)

Lap 12: (OTR Phenix vs Jott3r)

AlonsoFerrari3

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 27, 2018
That was such a frustrating race.

Started p2 behind ohope. Delighted to had started on the front row after a few horrible qualifying sessions. The lap was ok, I would say I still had another half a second - 7 tenths to gain if i got a perfect lap in.

I had a good start, managed to draw alongside ohope but Ben got an even better start and outbroke me to get into the lead. Then I felt that ohope squeezed me a bit too much considering there was a gravel trap right beside me and we sidepod glitched which cost us a few places. Then a few cars had an incident ahead and I ran into the back of phenom and got an orange wing. Then I go down the inside of phenom into ascari but because he was lagging he swiped me off. I was even cutting the corner and I still got swiped off.

Pitted for softs and had great pace. Then I pitted for supersofts and I set the second fastest lap of the race (discounting Ben's 1:17). Cheers to okaui for letting me through when he could have fought with me. However I was in p6 on the last lap and potentially on for p5 on track (p4 with penalties) and I spun at ascari. P8 in the end. I will take it considering everything I went through in that race. Considering I only finished 30 seconds behind jemmin and I lost about 20 seconds making an extra put stop about 15 seconds getting swiped off and about 10 seconds with the spin at the end I felt I could have won.

Congrats to the podium finishers

Reactions: okaui

Xterm1n8or

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 27, 2018
Qualifying 13th - 2/10 - Only got one validated lap in, which had about 4 huge errors in it. Didn't have enough time to get inters on. A really poor performance.

Race 10th - 5/10 - made a good start up to 8th but made an idiotic error on lap 3, missed my braking point into the first chicane and hit @Rob | PePsii hard on his rear wing. I hope it didn't affect your race, really sorry about that, please report to stewards if needed.

So I proceeded slowly round to the pits for a new wing, left the pits and tried to overtake phenix round turn 3 but ended up in the gravel with wing damage.

In last (17th) position and almost a lap down, I just got stuck in trying to catch people but was way behind at that point. Pitted for softs around lap 14 and just time trialled to the end. Through retirements and a late overtake on @SoggyCabbages I managed to bag the last point.

Ultimately disappointed as I expected much more from this race as my pace was good from my practice, although apart from lap 2 and 4 I drove ok.

Congrats to @Josh Emmins for another great win and the guys on the podium.

On to Singapore....

Reactions: Nade74

SoggyCabbages

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 5, 2014
Qualifying 13th - 2/10 - Only got one validated lap in, which had about 4 huge errors in it. Didn't have enough time to get inters on. A really poor performance.

Race 10th - 5/10 - made a good start up to 8th but made an idiotic error on lap 3, missed my braking point into the first chicane and hit @Rob | PePsii hard on his rear wing. I hope it didn't affect your race, really sorry about that, please report to stewards if needed.

So I proceeded slowly round to the pits for a new wing, left the pits and tried to overtake phenix round turn 3 but ended up in the gravel with wing damage.

In last (17th) position and almost a lap down, I just got stuck in trying to catch people but was way behind at that point. Pitted for softs around lap 14 and just time trialled to the end. Through retirements and a late overtake on @SoggyCabbages I managed to bag the last point.

Ultimately disappointed as I expected much more from this race as my pace was good from my practice, although apart from lap 2 and 4 I drove ok.

Congrats to @Josh Emmins for another great win and the guys on the podium.

On to Singapore....
Actually, let you past, no point fighting I was low on fuel. ;)

Think it was you a lap later I hit into turn 1, didn't expect you to brake as early as you did I wasn't even attempting the overtake. :D

f1ben23

Pro Karter
Apr 5, 2017
There is a point where your internet becomes your worst enemy.

Qulified in P3 - 2nd best quli of the season. Very good lap

Race - It could have been because of i was streaming or it was because of my sister playing Sims as she always does. But Having a fantastic race with about a 6 seconds lead then Massive lag spike then.... DISCONNECTED FROM F1 2017. What was worse was that i never got any invitation back and the game was on Invite only so i couldn't even join back to actually finish the race. Go check out my twitter if you want to see my reaction it's a bit interesting. And even at the time of writing this 15 hours after the race i'm still super p'd off at my first proper shot at winning an AOR race but i'll be back in Singapore. AND trust me i'm bringing everything i have, because i'm coming for everything now no slacking - no friendships - I want glory.

My POV of the race. (if you want to hear me get very angry)

Xterm1n8or

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 27, 2018
Actually, let you past, no point fighting I was low on fuel. ;)

Think it was you a lap later I hit into turn 1, didn't expect you to brake as early as you did I wasn't even attempting the overtake. :D
Thanks man, I couldn't remember if you had just let me past, it was one of those races, so many incidents!?

Sorry about that, I had slight wing damage from earlier so was having to brake a few metres early for the chicane. I thought you were further back than you actually were. ?