Jan 14, 2014
Round 9 - Italian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 17th June 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@S40TYD
@nardcox
@TheTubbyNinja

Last edited:

pepper_F1

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jul 20, 2014
QUESTIONS

1. Home Grand Prix of Scuderia Ferrari. Will we see the best performance from @DON SILVA and @TheTubbyNinja so far this season at Monza?
2. Very fast track, which can mean close racing due to the massive long straights. Are you expecting an overtaking fest, or absolute chaos?
3. Will this be the track where grid position will matter the least, or do you think it will be key for a good result?
4. Does Monza provide a challenge for you that you can't find anywhere else, or is it just another track for you?

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
1. Home Grand Prix of Scuderia Ferrari. Will we see the best performance from @DON SILVA and @TheTubbyNinja so far this season at Monza?

Well I can't speak for @TheTubbyNinja but Monza is probably my worst track apart from Monaco so I'm very doubtful that I'll be able to do the Tisofi proud. I'll try my hardest though. I'm overdue a good result after my nightmare last 3 races.

2. Very fast track, which can mean close racing due to the massive long straights. Are you expecting an overtaking fest, or absolute chaos?

T1 is a crash zone so I'll be anticipating chaos.

3. Will this be the track where grid position will matter the least, or do you think it will be key for a good result?

Ideally, you wanna start on the first two rows here. There's too much time that can be lost by battling.

4. Does Monza provide a challenge for you that you can't find anywhere else, or is it just another track for you?

The chicanes challenge me. On this game, the inside curb seems to always want to kill you.

Last edited:

AORHAMILTON

Formula Karter
Jan 11, 2017
QUESTIONS

Hopefully not as i want to to finish ahead of them and not behind and considering they have had an average season so far its definitely possible.

Hopefully chaos at the start so i can actually be in the points instead of out of them.

probably as i am expecting some chaos into turn 1 as its easy to overtake around here as its a strong circuit for me so its not always important to qualify at the front.

The only challenge for me is the 2nd chicane with the horrendous bump as hit it too hard and you will fly into the gravel, nail it and it feels so good.

Vintage_DG

S15 AOR PS4 F5 Champion
Mar 29, 2018
Q: P1
R: P2

Well, I am pretty drunk as Germany played before the race.
Still managed to get P2 and got some very clean battles going.
Also was on SS-M while everyone else was on SS-S, that's what I get for not playing the game doe so we gucci.
Off to bed now lol, see you next weekend.

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
If I hadn't binned the car in the wall in the early laps......

Qualifying: 3RD

Best ever qualifying result, but boy do I hate @Vintage_DG :p

First couple of laps didn't work out too well and my 3rd attempt was a little timid with the two chicanes. Threw caution to the wind on my final attempt, and despite not getting it right on the second chicane (again, nice pad!) I did a 1:20.7 and it looked like I finally snagged my first pole.

Two seconds later? Vintage - 1:20.5 - pole!

Still, super happy I was competitive despite zero practice.

Race: 7th

This season just isn't going for me is it?

Started off really well and tucked in behind the two Sauber drivers for first lap, then decided to let my teammate @Tincan394 through (excellent decision) since he looked more composed than I did. Sat in behind him but then binned my car into the wall after Lesmo 2 and broke my front wing - pit stop for new nose and Mediums required.

From lap 4 I had to make those Mediums last till the end - very marginal as they were at 87% on the rears by race's end! Got fantastic pace from them throughout my stint though, and at one point found myself being the quickest driver for a few laps - I think the top four were on Softs? If so I think a victory was on my horizon had I not binned it on lap 3, car felt so good! Finished 7th after a couple of pens but overall very happy to be back in the points again.

tough_2_handle

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 5, 2018
Q: P2

Race: P3
Had the the win in the bag today if it wasn’t for my team mate @Vintage_DG
He decided not to be a team player and let me through when I was faster on softs as he was struggling on mediums. Almost took me off in the back straight. Then almost took us out in Ascari giving Super-Jesse chance to overtake us both and tincan joined in parabolica. In 3 cars dirty air I lost the rear and almost crased. Found myself catching them by 1 second a lap. Kept it clean knowing all of them had penalties which gave me back a deserved podium.

So gutted for not getting a well deserved win today. Team manager is fuming!!!!

Last edited:

tough_2_handle

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 5, 2018
If I hadn't binned the car in the wall in the early laps......

Qualifying: 3RD

Best ever qualifying result, but boy do I hate @Vintage_DG :p

First couple of laps didn't work out too well and my 3rd attempt was a little timid with the two chicanes. Threw caution to the wind on my final attempt, and despite not getting it right on the second chicane (again, nice pad!) I did a 1:20.7 and it looked like I finally snagged my first pole.

Two seconds later? Vintage - 1:20.5 - pole!

Still, super happy I was competitive despite zero practice.

Race: 7th

This season just isn't going for me is it?

Started off really well and tucked in behind the two Sauber drivers for first lap, then decided to let my teammate @Tincan394 through (excellent decision) since he looked more composed than I did. Sat in behind him but then binned my car into the wall after Lesmo 2 and broke my front wing - pit stop for new nose and Mediums required.

From lap 4 I had to make those Mediums last till the end - very marginal as they were at 87% on the rears by race's end! Got fantastic pace from them throughout my stint though, and at one point found myself being the quickest driver for a few laps - I think the top four were on Softs? If so I think a victory was on my horizon had I not binned it on lap 3, car felt so good! Finished 7th after a couple of pens but overall very happy to be back in the points again.
Excellent team player. Bravo!!!

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: 7th. Better than I expected

R: DNF. Got a solid start. Was keeping up with @JebeFIN and rapidly pulling away from @AOR Davidben. Got to Parabolica and saw an opportunity to get a move done on Jesse as he outbraked himself. Then I saw @XxHAMMERTIME95Xx run really wide and tried to pass him too but he crashed into me and spun me into the wall. Of course he survived to see another day. Luck isn't on my side at the moment.

Reactions: VSR Davidben

JebeFIN

Formula Karter
Dec 29, 2014
Q: P6 I did have much better pace in qualifying but i brake little earlier and that why i was P6.

R: P4 I have awesome race pace.. i knew that before race i have that pace and.. SS stint was awesome and S stint is was good.. I stop lap 11 when Tough and Tincan pit lap 10 and Vintage lap 9 to mediums.. when Vintage doesn't let Tough go so.. i overtake them because Tough wanted pass Vintage but no.. Vintage didn't want give up! Me and Tincan is have same race pace but Tincan pass me.. Tough was under 6s and i was P4.. because penalty

HiippariLate

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 3, 2018
Q: p15 I crashed nothing to really say to it but a stupid mistake from my end just trying too hard.

R: p6 decided to just chill at the back and avoid the mayhem in the opening laps. My plan worked well until I had to overtake @Tigaby who was a little bit laggy for me. So in lap 3 i was in his slipstream and got a bit too close when he had little lag spike, which scared the **** out of me and I decided to steer into a wall instead of just braking (might have been a "tiny" overreaction from me). However that didnt really ruin my race since I just pitted into mediums and was able to do a 1-stop. Also I did a pretty sweet overtake on @AOR Davidben which is the video included.

Reactions: VSR Davidben

BenJS1244

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Feb 14, 2018
Q: 4th
Bottled my first lap and second wasnt the greatest but happy with p4
R: 1st
Had good start as didn’t very lose or gain any positions and was challenging my teammate @ColonelGaddafi and he let me past which was thankful for then around lap 4 make big mistake which nearly ended my race and was 4-5 seconds between the lead pack. Pitted lap 10 for softs and they felt great @pepper_F1 let us past as he was on a different strategy and i eventually collided in on top 3 as @Vintage_DG was I’m the medium, got past @tough_2_handle when the two Saubers made contact and then got vintage in next lap or so then based after @JebeFIN and made nice move which resulted In the lead but concerned that I had 2x penalty and didn’t know what penalties the people behind me had so when crossed the line felt so relived that @Vintage_DG and @JebeFIN both had penalties, and got my 2nd AOR win

pepper_F1

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jul 20, 2014
Quali: P11
Race: P9

Comments: Once again Williams proving to be the best at qualifying best of the rest outside the top 10 (I swear it's not actually on purpose), and so we could go for the alternative strategy, something I was feeling more confident with. Had a decent start, as usual managed to make some positions, however, sadly it was yet again not meant to be, as I got my race ruined by the duo @Thomasbrxwn and @vectro666 (honestly, cba to say who's fault was it because it ain't gonna change what happened). Knowing I had no pace advantage compared to the rest, had to rely on people getting held up by each other to try and catch up. Had a little interesting fight with @Tigaby who was on Mediums, then spent the whole race trying to catch the guys ahead. Eventually saw myself in front of @JebeFIN and @Tincan394 who I just let go through as there was no point ruining my race as well as theirs since it wouldn't be enough to help my teammate get higher up. After the pits, my only consolation was to get the fastest lap, except I couldn't even do that as vectro decided to steal it from me on the final lap. A dismal race for me tbh.