PS4 - Round 9 - Italian Grand Prix [17/06/2018 8PM UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 9 - Italian Grand Prix [17/06/2018 8PM UK]

Sneaky24-7Ninja

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 17, 2017
Q: P12
A few tenths off what I was hoping for but again leaving me just outside the top 10 giving me with a choice of fresh tyres for the race.

R: P5
A great launch off the line only to be trapped in through the 1st chicane so no position gain off the grid, however the first couple of laps had plenty of incidents promoting me very rapidly to P7 and holding pace with a few on the SS tyre despite being on the Softs. After @ColonelGaddafi made a mistake and held up @AOR Davidben enough for me to catch up to DRS range and subsequently pitted I was suddenly in a battle for P5 with Davidben. After a failed effort in which I overshot the 2nd chicane and gave the position back I got past at the outside of turn 1. My race was then very lonely until the start of my 2nd stint where I appeared just behind Gaddafi on old mediums. He kindly didn't fight it as I pulled alongside heading into Ascari and from then on P5 was nailed on for me despite not pulling out any time on Gaddafi despite the tyre advantage!

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
Q: P12
A few tenths off what I was hoping for but again leaving me just outside the top 10 giving me with a choice of fresh tyres for the race.

R: P5
A great launch off the line only to be trapped in through the 1st chicane so no position gain off the grid, however the first couple of laps had plenty of incidents promoting me very rapidly to P7 and holding pace with a few on the SS tyre despite being on the Softs. After @ColonelGaddafi made a mistake and held up @AOR Davidben enough for me to catch up to DRS range and subsequently pitted I was suddenly in a battle for P5 with Davidben. After a failed effort in which I overshot the 2nd chicane and gave the position back I got past at the outside of turn 1. My race was then very lonely until the start of my 2nd stint where I appeared just behind Gaddafi on old mediums. He kindly didn't fight it as I pulled alongside heading into Ascari and from then on P5 was nailed on for me despite not pulling out any time on Gaddafi despite the tyre advantage!

Great move mate

vectro666

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 23, 2017
Quali: P11
Race: P9

Comments: Once again Williams proving to be the best at qualifying best of the rest outside the top 10 (I swear it's not actually on purpose), and so we could go for the alternative strategy, something I was feeling more confident with. Had a decent start, as usual managed to make some positions, however, sadly it was yet again not meant to be, as I got my race ruined by the duo @Thomasbrxwn and @vectro666 (honestly, cba to say who's fault was it because it ain't gonna change what happened). Knowing I had no pace advantage compared to the rest, had to rely on people getting held up by each other to try and catch up. Had a little interesting fight with @Tigaby who was on Mediums, then spent the whole race trying to catch the guys ahead. Eventually saw myself in front of @JebeFIN and @Tincan394 who I just let go through as there was no point ruining my race as well as theirs since it wouldn't be enough to help my teammate get higher up. After the pits, my only consolation was to get the fastest lap, except I couldn't even do that as vectro decided to steal it from me on the final lap. A dismal race for me tbh.

“Race ruined by the duo”?

What could i do to avoid anything?

vectro666

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 23, 2017
Quali: P11
Race: P9

Comments: Once again Williams proving to be the best at qualifying best of the rest outside the top 10 (I swear it's not actually on purpose), and so we could go for the alternative strategy, something I was feeling more confident with. Had a decent start, as usual managed to make some positions, however, sadly it was yet again not meant to be, as I got my race ruined by the duo @Thomasbrxwn and @vectro666 (honestly, cba to say who's fault was it because it ain't gonna change what happened). Knowing I had no pace advantage compared to the rest, had to rely on people getting held up by each other to try and catch up. Had a little interesting fight with @Tigaby who was on Mediums, then spent the whole race trying to catch the guys ahead. Eventually saw myself in front of @JebeFIN and @Tincan394 who I just let go through as there was no point ruining my race as well as theirs since it wouldn't be enough to help my teammate get higher up. After the pits, my only consolation was to get the fastest lap, except I couldn't even do that as vectro decided to steal it from me on the final lap. A dismal race for me tbh.

pepper_F1

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jul 20, 2014
“Race ruined by the duo”?

What could i do to avoid anything?
Remember that at that point, I was still annoyed and hadn't seen the POV of anyone else on that accident, therefore that reaction :p But still, nothing would change what happened so

pepper_F1

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jul 20, 2014
Yeah tbh you did nothing wrong, my bad mate. Just because when I looked back you were stuck with me in the gravel I assumed it had been you, that's why. But jesus christ @Thomasbrxwn learn how to dive bomb xD Wanna start at the back fine, but at least practice the overtaking xp

Thomasbrxwn

S13 AOR PS4 Assist Champion
Apr 4, 2017
Yeah tbh you did nothing wrong, my bad mate. Just because when I looked back you were stuck with me in the gravel I assumed it had been you, that's why. But jesus christ @Thomasbrxwn learn how to dive bomb xD Wanna start at the back fine, but at least practice the overtaking xp
it was my bad just out broke myself??? i can overtake just bottled it... again

• Kappa
Reactions: pepper_F1