PC - RSS Formula V10 League | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC RSS Formula V10 League

JSR

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jan 11, 2018
Hi everyone :)

I have just been made aware that RSS have released a new car and it's an early 2000s V10 F1 style beast!

I think it would be really cool to do some league racing with this and wondered if anyone would be interested. :D

Drivers Interested (19)
@JSR @EVR Matt212 @Sarv_H25 @Def @Butcha68 @VictorWasa @Hampus Soderberg @Levkir @LaZMeister @Erik Sundström @Desmond0313 @Cheekymunkey78 @Laakso @DannyTard @Mark White @Terry Sukairain @SMEAJ @Soron777 @NinjaRider

League Coordination Interest (3)
@EVR Morvic (Graphics) @Rytier (Commentary) @Def (Coordinator)

Last edited:

EVR Matt212

1 Time XB1 Rookie League & Christmas Cup Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
I'd certainly be interested in getting involved in say a mini 8-10 round season, bring back some classic tracks / old layouts (Spa, Hockenheim ect), haven't bought the car yet although I do have the F2004, @EVR Morvic thoughts?

Reactions: JSR

JSR

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jan 11, 2018
Yeah using some of the classic tracks in their 2000 configuration would be a nice touch :D

EVR Morvic

Reigning AOR PC GT Endurance Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
Definetely a nice idea, I would be able to do graphics for the league (if it happens and if neccessary) but can't participate in the league itself :/

Good luck with it though!

Reactions: EVR Matt212 and JSR

Rytier

Pro Karter
AOR Commentator
Apr 28, 2018
If it gets done I will be down to see if i can do coms for it

Sarv_H25

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Dec 27, 2018
Great league idea JSR. I'm down to take part!

Just out of curiosity, is the mod you are planning on using free?

JSR

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jan 11, 2018
Great league idea JSR. I'm down to take part!

Just out of curiosity, is the mod you are planning on using free?
Hey bud, it is a paid mod but it costs only 4 Euros which is approximately £3.60 which for the amazing quality of this mod is an exceptionally good deal in my opinion :)

Reactions: VictorWasa

Butcha68

Junior Karter
Jan 3, 2019
I would really like to join. This is a fantastic mod and really distracts me from my all time favorite F2004.

As a new member, where do I find PC league racing for Assetto Corsa in here? Seems there is only Xbox/PS4...?

Cheers,
Chris

Def

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
Interested (driving and/or coordinating)

Def

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
I would really like to join. This is a fantastic mod and really distracts me from my all time favorite F2004.

As a new member, where do I find PC league racing for Assetto Corsa in here? Seems there is only Xbox/PS4...?

Cheers,
Chris
There are no AC leagues on PC at the moment. AC main coordinator left AOR so there are no plans whatsoever coming from the staff. It’s more like if there’s enough interest we’ll make something happen

Reactions: VictorWasa and JSR

VictorWasa

Formula 3 1st Driver
Nov 5, 2017
Yes! Just bought this car, and it is brutal AF to say the least. Its so much fun to drive, would love something like a 5-10 race season.
I can only race one day a week though, but I would definately be interested! :D

Butcha68

Junior Karter
Jan 3, 2019
It is really tough to drive - you have to drive it all the way. In comparison to the Kunos F2004, which is nothing but a treat. With the RSS it is really hard to find a good setup for me so a league would be very exciting...

• Agree

VictorWasa

Formula 3 1st Driver
Nov 5, 2017
Hey bud, it is a paid mod but it costs only 4 Euros which is approximately £3.60 which for the amazing quality of this mod is an exceptionally good deal in my opinion :)
Indeed. I think this mod is actually quite cheap. I would happily pay 7-10 Euros for this mod. The quality is great and i support Race Sim Studios. They make really great mods. Their Hybrid cars are great fun as well. I had a lot of races in those :)
And the V10 is very fun too.

Butcha68

Junior Karter
Jan 3, 2019
AC paid off 10 times for me. Really, spending so many hours and having so much fun with the game, what is the concern with 4 bucks for another fun car to drive? The only issue with AC for me personally is, that the community is more focussed on GT racing than on open wheelers and as long as F1 Codemasters is not on VR and PC2 is just not as good as AC in VR, there is literally no competition for this old game in the VR/open wheel arena.

VictorWasa

Formula 3 1st Driver
Nov 5, 2017
AC paid off 10 times for me. Really, spending so many hours and having so much fun with the game, what is the concern with 4 bucks for another fun car to drive? The only issue with AC for me personally is, that the community is more focussed on GT racing than on open wheelers and as long as F1 Codemasters is not on VR and PC2 is just not as good as AC in VR, there is literally no competition for this old game in the VR/open wheel arena.
Yeah. There isnt really anywhere with somewhat competitive formula racing. Im not a huge fan of GT cars. I mean they are good fun to drive, but i like the excitement of being in an open wheeler. I feel like the drift community is also quite big. I suck at drifting though :p

Reactions: Def

Butcha68

Junior Karter
Jan 3, 2019
Yes, and some of them say that open wheelers were boring. Just one, actually one of the top dogs, once confessed to me that open wheelers are just too fast for him being over 50 (just like myself by the way) and that reaction times are just so small compared to road cars on race tracks. Well, if you drive a 911 around Spa it takes forever in comparison but there isn't really more room for failure, you gotta hit your breaking point and if not you are done, both in an open wheeler and a GT car. I guess what they really figure is that 1sec a lap in an open wheeler means a world while (maybe) in GT races the grid is closer together over the course of a race? Sad but true if I open a server for F1 maybe 5 guys will join of which 2-3 are gonna leave after qualifying. I have tested this, my best lap in Spa with the Kunos F2004 is a 1:43. If I qualify faster than 1:45 most likely they leave because they can only make a 1:49. If I take it slow, they stay but leave before the end of the race or start ramming....That's why a league is the way to go for open wheelers....

Reactions: Def and VictorWasa

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
I'm definitely interested as well. It's a shame no PC league is ran atm.

Hopefully there's enough interest for it and it's obviously always a blessing to have the guys putting in the hours to run the league (so hope there's enough interest for that as well).

I think that if the league would be advertised on twitter that there's enough interest.

I personally think it would be nice to start with just getting a test night planned, a few hours so we get to test the car and drive with each other to feel what it's like. (pre-season testing you could say).

VictorWasa

Formula 3 1st Driver
Nov 5, 2017
How many are currently interested? Just curious :)
I know a mate who would also like to join in

JSR

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jan 11, 2018
I'm definitely interested as well. It's a shame no PC league is ran atm.

Hopefully there's enough interest for it and it's obviously always a blessing to have the guys putting in the hours to run the league (so hope there's enough interest for that as well).

I think that if the league would be advertised on twitter that there's enough interest.

I personally think it would be nice to start with just getting a test night planned, a few hours so we get to test the car and drive with each other to feel what it's like. (pre-season testing you could say).
Yeah some good ideas. I don't have twitter but feel free to spread the word :p Perhaps AOR could post a tweet? ;)

JSR

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jan 11, 2018
How many are currently interested? Just curious :)
I know a mate who would also like to join in
In the original post there is a list of all those who are interested :) If they're on the AOR forum, ask them to comment on the thread and I'll add them to the interest list :)