PC - S1: AOR BMW 320 Elite - Round 2 - Zhuhai - 8/2/17 @ 7:45pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC S1: AOR BMW 320 Elite - Round 2 - Zhuhai - 8/2/17 @ 7:45pm

Enzo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2015
Round 2 - Zhuhai International Circuit
BMW 320 TC Season 1

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 8th February 2017
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warm-up: 5 minutes
- Sprint Race: 9 Laps
- New session (same weather and time settings)
-
Warm up: 5 minutes
- Main race: 18 laps

Weather Conditions: (Fixed weather)
1 weather slots:
- Clear

In-game time-of-day information (Time progression off):
In-game Date: 1st June 2017

- Qualifying time: 12:00
- Race start time: 12:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone

Grid Reversal Point

Notices:
Rules & regulations:
B
efore you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows:
If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings:
If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Save your replay:
As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Last edited by a moderator:

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
Looking forward to this and the mayhem through the first corner with cold tires

First time racing here so it will be interesting and hopefully great fun with the close racing this format provides

My best lap this far is 1.41.7

Edit: I think we are going to have suprise entry to this event ( @Papand needs some time off between the diper changings ) :)

Last edited:

Jeff[NL]

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2016
@Papand If i can drive this car you certainly can to ! Just keep in mind you just cant always full throttle over curbs :) ITs big fun ( if you dont crash in someones door :( )
[DOUBLEPOST=1486291138][/DOUBLEPOST]I hope people will take Zuhai more serious and be more carefull. Like Jos Vertappen always said to Max... It is better to brake 1 meter to early then 1 meter to late boys and girls !

• Winner
Reactions: Enzo

Papand

F1 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2015
Stability control did the trick. It made the car more... stable. :pompus: (yes i just discovered the smiley function and i will use it in every post from now on). Signed up now. Look forward to the reverse grid madness.

Thanks for the help guys.

• Winner
Reactions: rillo7105 and Enzo

Flying Kefran

Reigning AOR PC LMP Endurance Champion
Nov 2, 2016
I have the feeling that this car/track combo really requires a clutch pedal.
I still have one day to get one !

Papand

F1 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2015
Zhuhai is like a supercross track with all these tight 180 corners. Approach corner, clutch in, brake hard rear and front, release front brake, block rear wheel to slide in position for the corner, turn, full revs, lean forward, release clutch, whip the triple.

• What?
Reactions: Brandarous

Hideaki

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 10, 2016
Zhuhai is like a supercross track with all these tight 180 corners. Approach corner, clutch in, brake hard rear and front, release front brake, block rear wheel to slide in position for the corner, turn, full revs, lean forward, release clutch, whip the triple.
Or on a controller, hold down left trigger, turn, hold down right trigger, spin out and repeat.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Approach corner, clutch in, brake hard rear and front, release front brake, block rear wheel to slide in position for the corner, turn, full revs, lean forward, release clutch, whip the triple.
Maybe this is why I don't understand this car - I just brake, turn, accelerate (and then sit there confused about how I lost 5 tenths in the process). :p

Anon1

F1 Champion
Apr 13, 2016
You forgot the handbrake :nailbiting:

Jeff[NL]

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2016
Its al about keeping momentum.

@Papand Lean forward whip the triple ???? Still talking about driving ? orrrrr.......

Last edited:

Papand

F1 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2015
Hahaha, you guys clearly dont watch supercross. My description is how i would take all these 180 degree corners in my youth when i did motocross. You 4 wheel scum. :p

Jeff[NL]

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2016
Not motorcross... i have done some motorcycle 'racing' on Zolder and Assen tho :)

Had so much fun.. The smell of the fuel and rubber the atmosphere amazing time but so freaking expensive i had to quit unfortunately

Brandarous

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Feb 22, 2016
At least motorcylcle racing is cheaper then car racing. My circuit car (free driving around Assen) was a expensive hobby.
A 2nd hand R6 can give you a lot more exitement on the track for lot less moneysssssss.