PC - S1: AOR BMW 320 Elite - Round 3 - Silverstone - 15/2/17 @ 7:45pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC S1: AOR BMW 320 Elite - Round 3 - Silverstone - 15/2/17 @ 7:45pm

Papand

F1 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2015
Sorry for leaving. The misses was on my neck for racing as it woke up the little one all the time, so i could not concentrate. When i crashed into the wall i decided to "pick your battles" at home and call it quits.

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
Sorry for leaving. The misses was on my neck for racing as it woke up the little one all the time, so i could not concentrate. When i crashed into the wall i decided to "pick your battles" at home and call it quits.
I know how it is. All season 5 was like that for me but then i decided racing first, family and kids second and got through season 6 as the champion who didn't win a race

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Jeeeez, so much action again - especially in the main race for obvious reasons! Great stuff guys :)

Will link the broadcast here when it's on Youtube.

Untitled-2.jpg

Reactions: AndrexUK and Enzo

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Drivers, I said it in broadcast but the whole manual rolling start x2 and getting your order for the second race was a pleasure to behold. Well organised and perfectly executed. Nice work.

Race wise that was great to behold. Action throughout up and down the field. Great track pick, a car that can race wheel to wheel easily and a bunch of competitive racers is a perfect mix.

Hope you guys had as much fun as I did watching. :)

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
You haven't had me in the commentary box, but no biggie :)
Another insult to add to your list for the night :p

• Funny
Reactions: Enzo

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
You haven't had me in the commentary box, but no biggie :)
Another insult to add to your list for the night :p
WTF I swear we were talking about your great defending in an interview last week... Or maybe it was after the stream... Or maybe it was someone else praising you... I'm getting old.

• Funny
Reactions: AndrexUK and Enzo

Enzo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2015
:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:​
I'm gonna take this one down to the wire with you @C. Tscharf :sneaky: I wen't into the main race as the championship leader and I came out of it sat 2 points behind :stig:​

Reactions: AndrexUK

Jeff[NL]

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2016
Yeah baby that was some fantastic awesome racing guys !! So many battles it was craaaaaaazy !!
Had a lot of fun. Quali was not my best ( forgot brake bias ) but the sprint and main race was so exiting i was sweating like a pig hahahah. Really great work from everybody !

Just a few notes :
I noticed some drivers still not use crewchief ! :facepalm:
I recommend @Hideaki to try and find a wheel :stig: because battling with some with a pad is more bashing then needed :nailbiting: ending eventually this time me off track what cost me probably my first podium. Still pretty handsome work to get good times thumbs up for that :playful:

And offcourse i appoligize for the little hit in the back off @C. Tscharf but i think maybe @Enzo was braking bit early there ?? i do not apoligize for the bumpdrafting on start finish :lol:
@Enzo sorry for stealing some of your prescious points but i just had a good pace on this track without many mistakes.
I hope btw i was also battling fair i try very hard to not hit in corners and give enough space for battling in corners.

This league makes me think and prey that Pc2 will try to get this battles /competition level also to GT3 and other classes. GT3 feels really bored now when racing :cautious:

Reactions: Enzo and AndrexUK

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
The first time I drove this car was last night at about 6.50pm in a session @grobi0815 had kindly hosted. He helped me out with a few things and after initially starting with 1.12's, I was into the late 1.09s come official session time. I didn't expect to be near the front, infact, the back was where I thought I would end up.

I reinstalled Project CARS for a mess about the other day after the hype about PC2 (which I am looking forward to), so I haven't installed Crewchief, but I believe I have good spacial awareness.

I made some places up on the sprint race and settled in behind @DANGEROUS GIANETTA who P10, after about 8 laps I fell back (obviously due to lack of practice) and @Rillo Von Olaff the guy behind was catching me, not by much but by enough. So I finished P11.

The feature was race, well interesting. On the 3rd lap I think (or at the start of it), I was right behind @Hetharion or maybe it was @Rillo Von Olaff I can't remember and I got a tap from somewhere which sent me wide into T1 and I got a cut track penalty, so I moved to the side and carried on and tried to find my rhythm again. I understand the concept of the reverse grid and it was a nice idea, but what I didn't really like was the necessary 'dive bombing overtakes, nor the blame I got for causing contact. I went into the final corner in the middle (with no space) and a car steaming up my inside which hit me across into @Jeff[NL] and I got the blame for it. After that, I didn't bother defending as it was pointless as I was just going to get barged past. I know I was slower than everybody else, but there must have been better places to pass surely?

I found myself at the end of the race with @Rillo Von Olaff and @Mr AlcoN and we had a nice little tussle, but I came of worse as I almost spun on a kerb and finished P13.

Reactions: rillo7105 and Nismo

DANGEROUS GIANETTA

Season 4 PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Dec 28, 2015
it was a nice races for me.
qualify went well.i was near to front runners.
first race,i don't know at the start i was hit by who?(n) then i hit @AndrexUK.srry for that.i couldn't do nothing.
after that there was no many action to end of the race.10th place not bad for me.:)
second race,
i had nice battles with @Enzo or @Nismo hey guys your names are same :lol: i mixed names, @Jeff[NL] , @AndrexUK and @Perry Grondstra.
i hit @Enzo while into the turn,actually he could save it but he perefered to turn from inside.just i thought.srry for that mate
last lap i hit @Perry Grondstra srry for that mate.it was so amateur hit.
totally i finished 7th place again not bad for me:)
thanks to all of you guys.cya next week.

AndrexUK

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
@ramdrop
Glad to hear you had some fun battles, and I hope you enjoyed the racing!

As soon as we run a reverse grid, the very nature of putting the fast guys behind the slower guys, it always going to result in faster guys trying to get through the field!
I fully agree with you though, and even though we are running touring cars (normally very contact heavy races irl). there is no place for dangerous overtakes.
The issue is that since we are running default setups, the only real place the faster guys make their speed up, is from braking later.
Although it might seam like a dive bomb, I suspect a lot of the time, it's actually their normal braking point.
I'm very early on the brakes, and it scares the life out of me for the first couple of laps when I have a fast guy behind me. Since they brake sooooo much later than me, I almost expect to have one of them run into the back of me.
After a lap or 2, they figure out how bad I am on the brakes, and adapt.

Silverstone International is also a very short track with fairly limited overtaking spots. So we almost have to expect they will go for any chance they can. But it should not be a case where there is contact.

AndrexUK

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
My race:

Standard Andrex Qually, but only 0.1 of my PB (without draft).
Put her 10th on the grid. more or less right in the middle.

Race 1:
Managed to gain a couple of places on the 1st lap, but then it was a case of keeping @Hideaki behind me.
He was right on my tail the full race, but thankfully he was having to wait for a mistake, which never happened.
Was catching up on @Papand towards the end, but not enough laps to really challenge him for 7th.

Race 2:
Felt it took quite a while to pick my way through the guys ahead, but could only watch as @Xenon91 managed to get past after being boxed in with no way past the guys in front.
@Xenon91 decided at that point that he'd like to vanish off into the distance (which he did), and had a 9 second lead over by the time I sneaked through into P2.
The guys behind me didn't do a very good job of holding up @Enzo and Co. So I could only assume that P2 was only going to last a few laps.
However, @Enzo decided that being in the lead of the championship was rather fun, and drove defensively again @C. Tscharf
Effectively slowing them both down enough to be running at my pace.
I'd had fun playing with @C. Tscharf in the social the night before where he didn't seam to want to pass me (I strongly suspect he was just toying with me, perhaps trying to sus me out for the actual race!).
But when he managed to get past Enzo, again it was just a matter of time before he would get past, but his time was running out with only a few laps left.
Somehow managed to keep him behind me as he bumpdrafted me over the line (even if pCars can't count and claims I was 3rd!).

VERY happy with a podium finish, since (other than the rather flukey Siakitto P2 in GT3 Season 5) it's been a VERY long time since I've finished in the top 3 of any races!

Unfortunately, my teammate @Brandarous had no luck, but sounds like it may have been down to his wheels calibration, so I suspect he'll be back up at the front again next week!

Reactions: Enzo

Enzo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2015
SORRY THIS IS AS LONG AS A DAMN NOVEL I WAS CHAMPIONSHIP LEADER AFTER THE SPRINT AND I WAS REALLY HAPPY LEMME HAVE MY MOMENT:rofl:

1:30 Sprint race start
15:00 Main race start

My race report:
Qualifying went better than expected qualified in 3rd which is what I aimed for, as I knew that i didn't have the pace to match @C. Tscharf and @Perry Grondstra at this circuit. Therefor beating @Vernux was my target and I managed to beat him by 11 thousandths of a second, phew... :whistle:

Sprint race: Congrats to @Perry Grondstra and @Vernux for the win and podium
My target for this race was to get a podium spot in third. As I expected the front runners ran away with it fairly early on. I wasn't prepared to lose any points through making any silly mistakes earning myself a cut track penalty or spinning out so I kept a cool head and tried to keep the pace up without pushing myself too hard, @Vernux was only half a second or so behind me at all times though. At the end of lap 9 I made a very silly mistake of getting back on the throttle too soon on the exit of the chicane, it dragged me out wide sending me two wheels over the kerb for the final corner and unluckily for me it was an infamous autospin kerb! I decided to coast around it feathering the throttle as I knew the moment I put my foot to the floor it would send me spinning out of control putting my race to an end at the back of the grid and I'd much rather be patient and safe and only lose a position to @Vernux .For the next 3 laps we were identical on pace however I was consistently struggling to get a good exit out of the Link and Stowe so I couldn't close the gap. Came home third on the podium which was my target for this race so I was very pleased, however it was extremely undeserved due to @C. Tscharf and his mistake. Nevertheless I went into the Main race with a 1 point gap to @C. Tscharf as Championship Leader (Never thought I'd be saying that... :woot:)

Main race: Congrats to @Xenon91, @AndrexUK and @C. Tscharf for the win and podiums
Target for this race was to get to at least the mid-pack to score some decent points. More importantly just to keep @C. Tscharf behind me to build a buffer in points. I widened those wheel arches as much as i damn could :sneaky: Lap 1 I was being very cautious and was on high alert of all the drivers around me, think I was maybe a little too cautious as @Perry Grondstra managed to slip around me on my outside through Village. Then @Papand proceeded to give me my biggest panic moment spinning directly in front of me. Luckily for me I seen the spin start from a mile away so slammed on the brakes turned right and went through the crash unscathed. The same can't be said for @Perry Grondstra however as he slammed straight into @Papand having no where to go. At the end of lap 4 @Jeff[NL] and @ramdrop had an incident coming through the Club chicane which caused a grid lock behind and several drivers took avoiding action, I got stuck behind a slow @Perry Grondstra with no where to go so @C. Tscharf and @Vernux went straight through placing me effectively in last. Damn... :oops: The exact same thing happened at the end of lap 5 however this time I was able to get a good enough exit to fend off @Vernux and @Perry Grondstra went straight off the track going through abbey so that was another position gained.Lap 6 @Vernux had a good run on me from the slipstream going down the hanger straight so slipped his nose on the inside of the corner. I just managed to make it stick and kept the position, I also got a good enough fun on @ramdrop coming out of the corner to make a move around the outside of Club chicane but to also block @Vernux behind him for the next corner so he had nowhere to go but to just wait there. I made the move stick on @ramdrop so I was very pleased I managed to attack and defend at the same time, not very often you get the chance to try! :woot: I managed to do the exact same thing again with @C. Tscharf on the next lap capitalising on his attack on @DANGEROUS GIANETTA as he was slow on the exit of Stowe (I must really like the Club chicane :D). The rest of the race from this point was practically an amazing battle with @C. Tscharf up until lap 20 when I got a bad exit of the final corner going side by side with him spinning up the wheels letting both @C. Tscharf and @Jeff[NL] through because I lost so much of my exit speed. Couldn't catch either of them from this point on so I came home in 5th, back into 2nd for the championship battle with only a 2 point gap to the leader @C. Tscharf . Darn... time to buy some wider wheel arches :rolleyes: