PC - S1: AOR BMW 320 Elite - Round 4 - Willow Springs - 22/2/17 @ 7:45pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC S1: AOR BMW 320 Elite - Round 4 - Willow Springs - 22/2/17 @ 7:45pm

Nismo

GP2 1st Driver
Jun 21, 2016
Round 4 - Willow Springs International Raceway
BMW 320 TC Season 1

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 22th February 2017
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warm-up: 5 minutes
- Sprint Race: 11 Laps
- New session (same weather and time settings)
-
Warm up: 5 minutes
- Main race: 22 laps

● Weather Conditions: (Fixed weather)
1 weather slots:
- Clear
● In-game time-of-day information (Time progression off):
In-game Date: 1st June 2017

- Qualifying time: 12:00
- Race start time: 12:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:

Formation Point:

● Acceleration Zone

● Grid Reversal Point

Notices:

● Rules & regulations:
B
efore you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows:
If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

● Lobby settings:
If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay:
As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Note: Please contact either @Enzo or @Morvic if you have questions regarding the league.
I Will be absent for this week and I'm not sure weather I will have internet or not

Reactions: Enzo

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
First time racing here. What's a good lap time?

Jeff[NL]

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2016
I actually think a lot will happen this race. Because of all the cornering also on more high speed the chance of contact and the results of that will be crying in your car with dirt in your eyes.
But maybe i am wrong. lets hope so . We will see it in the social maybe.

Hideaki

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 10, 2016
I need people to make contact as I'm nowhere on pace, I still haven't done a 21 yet, this track just confuses me.

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
I'll be late to the party tonight, am I able to join in the feature race if I miss the sprint if I miss the qualifying?

Nismo

GP2 1st Driver
Jun 21, 2016
I'll be late to the party tonight, am I able to join in the feature race if I miss the sprint if I miss the qualifying?
Than you gotto start at the back but you can atleast attend the race :)

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
Than you gotto start at the back but you can atleast attend the race :)
oh ok, thats fine.

It's the classic "can you pick me up later?", "Sure, what time?", "I don't know, some point between 7.30 and 9"

Jeff[NL]

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2016
I just wanna say i am very disappionted.. Race 1 i ended 3th and race 2 again i could not avoid a accident in front of me and high speed crashed in a door. Just not funny anymore after just 2 laps my race was compleetly ruined. I do not have the fastest quali times but my race pace is very strong last couple of weeks and its not really showing unfortunatly. I hope i have more luck on my side next week.

• Agree

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
Sprint race wasn't anything memorable after an average Q, didn't even make PB which was dissapointing.
Main race was quite frustrating at first when i smashed into @AndrexUK who ran wide and was sliding sideways on the track. It was just unfortunate in that high speed corner. But after the pitstop for repairs i had fun batteling @Brandarous for the rest of the race. Congrats to @C. Tscharf @Papand for the wins.

See you next week

Here are some clips from the mass crash

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
yeah, ran wide :(
Sooooooo close to holding it, but the rear just caught the sand.
I'm sure I was more sideways that that on my screen.
That just makes it look like I cut over to the inside while having control :(

• Agree
Reactions: Enzo and rillo7105

Papand

F1 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2015
I really hate that i show up to a race without any practice. Working hard to find my pace has always been key for my league racing, but i must admit the motivation just was not there. Maybe it was a mistake not to hold onto the break between GT3 seasons. Never the less im now here and i will of course stay to the end and do my best in each race.

I was very surprised being that far off pace in qualifying. Even without practice i normally get up to speed quite fast and i know the track very well, so i did not expect to be in that kind of trouble. Luckily i watched Sjarf and @Enzo a few laps on the monitor and picked up on their lines and gear choices. I used the whole warm up to test that and already there found some more pace.

In the 1st heat i had a great battle with @Col.McCoy and @Mr AlcoN . Even though it was in the back end of the field i really enjoyed that and i like that both really went all in but still kept it clean. Had a great photo finish with @Mr AlcoN aswell.

Starting 3rd in the 2nd heat and feeling a lot faster i knew i had to make some quick passes if i were to aim for the podium. I continued the fantastic battle with @Col.McCoy and @Mr AlcoN from heat 1. I made a lucky pass when they got a bit to close, but @Mr AlcoN attacked me right back. When i finally got the pass done again i got a bit clean air to hold him off. Now it was all about being fast and stable. With the accidents and battles behind i managed to hold onto that win.

Not my proudest win. It was gifted to me because of the format and a ton of luck. Im much against being rewarded for not putting in the practice hours. But i will also make clear that i did not sandbag or anything like that as my best friend @Browneskiii mentioned in the stream chat.