S1: AOR iRacing Endurance - Round 1 - Road America | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S1: AOR iRacing Endurance - Round 1 - Road America

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
@Deerladog so we’re we in the coordinator team, but @Stevie was talking about that as it is a team session that he can’t do it, so that you all need to do it you’re self. We are also learning about how this all works from the cordinator side. But I would wait until you hear more infor from os about it :)

BenOnWheels

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 20, 2018
Had a fun race battling with various cars! But my internet died with 45 mins to go and that was that. :(

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
Well that was a surprising result. I have always struggled with Road America and this was evident during the official series this week.

Q: I put in a relatively safe banker lap due to the different qualifying structure but as the session got hotter it got more difficult to improve. I made a stupid mistake which cost me a couple of tenths but I think my quickest time all week would still have been P2.

R: Initial jump was fine, my plan over the 3hours was to sit there and try and maintain a decent pace and avoid the drop off I seem to get here. That worked for a dozen or so laps until I locked up in Canada corner and lost the slipstream.

Second stint I took a different approach and didn't push as much and that kept me far more consistent which i was happy with. Final stint I had to fuel save but balance the pace out and in my video you'll see just how much I had left.

I do however have a few questions and my first is simple, Adrian did you ever find your headset? Where did you put it Liana?

Secondly, I thought it was lone qualifying for 4 laps and not open for 20 minutes?

GSYGingerNinja

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 12, 2017
Quite a good race for me. Some slight issues occured when my toe dislocated twice in the first stint, just a few laps of weird pain :ROFLMAO:. Then had to drive at 45 degree for the final stint after I hit the wall.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Well that was a surprising result. I have always struggled with Road America and this was evident during the official series this week.

Q: I put in a relatively safe banker lap due to the different qualifying structure but as the session got hotter it got more difficult to improve. I made a stupid mistake which cost me a couple of tenths but I think my quickest time all week would still have been P2.

R: Initial jump was fine, my plan over the 3hours was to sit there and try and maintain a decent pace and avoid the drop off I seem to get here. That worked for a dozen or so laps until I locked up in Canada corner and lost the slipstream.

Second stint I took a different approach and didn't push as much and that kept me far more consistent which i was happy with. Final stint I had to fuel save but balance the pace out and in my video you'll see just how much I had left.

I do however have a few questions and my first is simple, Adrian did you ever find your headset? Where did you put it Liana?

Secondly, I thought it was lone qualifying for 4 laps and not open for 20 minutes?
Dun goofed. It'll be fixed next round.

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
First two stints = pretty good aside from the struggle to find grip from the hot tyres. I had some decent pace to maybe fight for 3rd place.

Last stint = the pit crew decided to change front tyres when I didn't want to, and it ended up that I would spin constantly in left hand corners. It basically became undriveable and I got about 20 needless incidents so I gave up and instead pitted again so that I wouldn't be disqualified. Oh well.

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
First two stints = pretty good aside from the struggle to find grip from the hot tyres. I had some decent pace to maybe fight for 3rd place.

Last stint = the pit crew decided to change front tyres when I didn't want to, and it ended up that I would spin constantly in left hand corners. It basically became undriveable and I got about 20 needless incidents so I gave up and instead pitted again so that I wouldn't be disqualified. Oh well.
Good to know... During test race I hesitated to change front tires only for last stint. Doesn't seem to be a good idea.

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Results will be up this afternoon.

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Technical difficulties so results may be later than expected. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
In our team, @poisike78 did a really good job in the 1st stint, but sadly he clipped the wall just a tiny bit 2 laps before pitting and it resulted in wheel damage, 8 minutes repairs.
Then I raced pretty much alone during my stints, overtaking a few teams who had incident as well.
Thanks for all LMP drivers, I had no issues during the race it was pretty clean.

Just a side note though, @x53r , you do not need to flash your lights 4 times when lapping other cars, specially when I made it clear that I was gonna let you pass already.

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Hey to the question about Team Livery not showing on the stream there are some different things atm that can cost that. I first of all need to do some more testing to get my decals on, but if you didn't have the right skin on at all, then you have sent it with the wrong ID, i am not looking if the ID you have called the fill is the same as what you have typed in the sign up :) soo yea make sure that the fill is saved as car_team_xxxxx and only the xxxxx are a place holder for your Team ID. So for my self i have it as "car_team_122413" and not Audi_PCDC_122413, i have a lot this thing, no no no it is "car_team_xxxxx" look at the Skin Pack to see what i have called the files if any have questions about what they need to call the files