PC - S13 AOR PC Split 3 - Safety Car Vote | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC S13 AOR PC Split 3 - Safety Car Vote

Do you think the Safety Car should be enabled?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
This poll will be used to determine whether we will be introducing the safety car for the league this season.

Before voting, please be aware of the notice regarding the safety car situation found here (from back in Season 12).

All currently active main drivers in the league are eligible to vote. For the safety car to be introduced, over half of the vote (of the eligible drivers who voted) is required.

Should this level of demand be reached, the SC will be enabled for the full season - unless it causes a major problem in a league race which forces us to turn it back off.

Votes will be counted on Saturday night at approximately 8pm UK time. You can change your vote at any time until then.

Reactions: H_pro1

aeN

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 23, 2016
I voted against it last season, but after having it banned I think it made the races a lot more bland and uneventful.
It also prevented the ones who, for example, got involved in first lap incidents to not lose basically a whole lap and effectively ending their race.

I'd like to have it enabled and try it this season, a lot of other leagues have raced with it with no major problems.

Reactions: StefanWylde

R.A.J.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
As one who was in a split that did race with it on I still say no.
Given the race where it came out on lap one and after it went in the whole track stayed under yellow flag and you could pass anyone without getting illegal overtake penalties.
(After that race we got rid of safety car)
Or if you were involved in an incident and have to be slower than the delta to get back to the pits for repairs only to get a penalty for falling to far behind the safety car even though you are driving at full race speed trying to catch up.

If it worked properly I would say yes but in my opinion and experience it doesn't

• Agree
Reactions: Punisher and KurvZ

amdavies

Formula Karter
Aug 8, 2016
As one who was in a split that did race with it on I still say no.
I agree, the SC was a complete race when we attempted to run with it last season. Definite no from me, as much fun as it is when it works, when it doesn't it's a complete mess

Reactions: KurvZ

StefanWylde

GP2 1st Driver
Jul 13, 2015
I say yes. In the last season many times I was a victim of brainless driving by other drivers, while aiming and competing for a podium position. With a safety car, there's still hope to get some points after someone else ruins your race.

• Agree
Reactions: Meireloso

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
I strongly recommend that we don't put the SC on. As much as I would like to have the SC on as it would mix the racing up abit more and help those who have been hit off, There is massive issues with the SC which is why most leagues turned them off last season. We ran a number of races with the SC on and it completely ruined the races. It would give people completely unfair penaltys, keep the race under yellow flag, let us pass it several times and other things too. You can be racing at your actual race pace to catch up with the SC and it will still say your too slow and then give you penaltys untill it disqualifys you. I really do not want to race with the SC as that will simply ruin the experience which is a shame as the SC would be great to add back in but it simply shouldn't be back in. I feel like the majority of people voting for the SC don't actually know about the safety car bugs and how much of a negative impact they will be.

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
I strongly recommend that we don't put the SC on. As much as I would like to have the SC on as it would mix the racing up abit more and help those who have been hit off, There is massive issues with the SC which is why most leagues turned them off last season. We ran a number of races with the SC on and it completely ruined the races. It would give people completely unfair penaltys, keep the race under yellow flag, let us pass it several times and other things too. You can be racing at your actual race pace to catch up with the SC and it will still say your too slow and then give you penaltys untill it disqualifys you. I really do not want to race with the SC as that will simply ruin the experience which is a shame as the SC would be great to add back in but it simply shouldn't be back in. I feel like the majority of people voting for the SC don't actually know about the safety car bugs and how much of a negative impact they will be.
After I have read this... I quickly changed my vote!

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
We are looking in to this. I will post the final results when I get to know them.

Footyad24

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jul 11, 2015
I'm very sorry guys the poll has 23 votes on it because i voted before i realized i was a reserve driver. I voted yes for the safety car so you should be able to fix the scores properly.

• Informative
Reactions: H_pro1

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
There is few guys that are not in our split and have voted, so need to check what have they voted for. I can't just lookup on what they have voted, so it will take same time. The final results will be up before the race tho.

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
I agree with this.
I understand that SC makes races much more interesting and enjoyable, and bringing multiple of strategy choices it has problems. As the safety car being 'unfinished', with high chances of ruining innocent peoples races / the whole lobbies race in my opinion it should be disabled. If someone gets disqualified because safety car because of a glitch, nothing can be done for it. I have been in plenty of races where the safety car is called to the track and most of the times there has been problems. Again, after a race being ruined for someone you won't be able to do anything about it.

I understand that it helps the people who gets hit or spun but we have to think about everybody. We are not beta testing the SC, we already know that it has problems. We want proper races and that the races are equal to everyone. Take this in consideration when voting.

• Agree
Reactions: Punisher

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
From split 4 @Jay said he accidentally voted in ours too
I know who they are, just need to know what they have answered. I think the staffs are working on resolving this.

R.A.J.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Electro shock to private parts will get them to give up the answers!

To drastic maybe?

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Wasn't accidental, I was seeing if anyone could vote in any poll. And they can. So, not sure why the polls are set like that.
It's not possible to choose who can vote in a poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.