S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 10 - Sebring

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016

AOR iRacing GTE League - Season 4
Round 10: Sebring International Raceway

Welcome to Sebring, Florida!
Now featuring again a track map! Cause you'll probably need it.

Sebring Track Map.png

Sebring, the Silverstone of 'murica, located on an old WW2 airfield (like Silverstone), in parts wider than other tracks are long (like Silverstone), hosting it's first race in 1950 (like Silverstone).

Watch out, tune that suspension properly! The bumpiness of this track makes it (probably) the american dentists societies most recommended track, as it will shake your fillings loose and provide a never ending supply of customers.

Information:
Date:
19th of November 2018

Time:
19:15 GMT - Practice 20 minutes
19:35 GMT - 20 minutes open qualifying
19:57 GMT - Race 1h 20 minutes

Remember to let us know in advance in this thread if you are unable to attend the race!

Track: Sebring International Raceway
Layout: International
Time of Day: Afternoon
Weather: Dynamic - Carried over from practice

Absences: @ramdrop @Knor The Dragon @Meireloso @djawadkaroni @Browneskiii @Charlie9000

Last edited:
Reactions: Stevie

mike66187

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2018
I actually prefer turn 17 over turn 1. Turn 1 keeps trying to kill me. I'm so tempted to turn tyre volumes down those tyre noises are so annoying

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
still learning this track. the endless, featureless asphalt make it difficult to pick out a few markers, when driving in VR, which has a lot less resolution than monitors.
Down to 2:00 flat with half a tank and 38C track temp. Got a few favorite spots to spin :)

Reactions: mike66187

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
still learning this track. the endless, featureless asphalt make it difficult to pick out a few markers, when driving in VR, which has a lot less resolution than monitors.
Down to 2:00 flat with half a tank and 38C track temp. Got a few favorite spots to spin :)
It's a shame that it's not at night, the cones and cats-eyes tell you where to go.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
It's a shame that it's not at night, the cones and cats-eyes tell you where to go.
Yep. The one time I ran it was a long time ago at night. Feels like a completely different track

mike66187

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2018
I did ran some practice, my pace was 55,9 - 56,1 on a 30c track with 50L tank. Hope i have some concentration on Monday, gonna need that

Jukks

AOR iRacing GTE S3 Pro-AM Champion
Jun 20, 2018
This track is absolutely one of my favorites to drive. Best lap I've managed so far is a 59.3 on about 60l and 40c track. Will have to see if I can get into the flat 59s before Monday. Also tires after this race:

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Every practice session I was in had a 42C track temp. I can run 2:00.1 with half a tank. mostly 2:01s. I'm screwed.
Doing an official race later, let's see how that goes, but I have no high hopes.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Did an official race this morning. Started P2, qualified with a 59.0.

Got spun around by P3 on lap 2 at Cunningham. Then had an awful fight back. Trying to get past people who are far slower, but are all over the road.

One guy was braking literally as late as he could, to the point where he would be locking up and sliding mid-corner because he was on the limit of spinning. It was impossible to get past.

Spun on the inside at turn 1, got pinned to the inside by a slower guy in front and another recovering car trying to get around my outside.

I feel ok enough around this track right now. Ultimate pace is still lacking obviously, but I feel ok now, which is better than yesterday when I did some practice.

Reactions: Stephan

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Just finished an official race too.
Track temp was the usual 42C.

For god knows what reason I actually did a good qualifying lap and qualified 3rd with a 1:59.9 (bottom split FTW)
Of course, I binned it in the final corner of lap 1. Good recovery drive from there tho, back to P8 (was car #8) with some great battles.
But damn, those tires felt bad. Plenty sliding and slipping. Took a lot of concentration not to put it into a wall.

Edit: here's that race

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokingPuppy841

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014

"THERES A SLOW CAR ON THE LEFT"

- presume to have a code brown going around sunset bend, waiting for the inevitable pile up

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
@Stevie there is a good chance I won't make this one. I need to pop out tomorrow evening to collect some winter gear for our work team building sessions on Tuesday & Weds.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
@Stevie there is a good chance I won't make this one. I need to pop out tomorrow evening to collect some winter gear for our work team building sessions on Tuesday & Weds.
Noted.
@Westyy there’s a high chance you’ll have a seat tonight.

Sisuvoima10

FR3.5, PS4 GT3 Elite S8 & Rally Pro Champion
Jan 16, 2017
Hmm. I think I'm going to have hard time today as this track should prefer Porsche. I really hope there is not going to be like +40 track temp because the Ferrari really can't handle the tyre degradation. Or I should just keep my mouth shut and do some setup changes but I'm not that interested to do that :D

• Winner