S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 11 - Ferrari Daytona | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 11 - Ferrari Daytona

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014

AOR iRacing GTE League - Season 4
Round 11: Daytona International Speedway

In the twilight of this season, our newly crowned champion @Ycoms will take to the track as our first Double GTE Champion. Will he pull a Lewis Hamilton and basically give up? Probably not. Will he continue to smash everyone? Probably. Can he be stopped? HOPEFULLY.

This guy, right, he's led the teams championship on his own the entire way! SOMEONE STOP HIM.

He might stop himself though, he has a habit of crashing here.

Daytonaaaaa.png

Information:
Date:
26th of November 2018

Time:
19:15 GMT - Practice 20 minutes
19:35 GMT - 20 minutes open qualifying
19:57 GMT - Race 1h 20 minutes

Remember to let us know in advance in this thread if you are unable to attend the race!

Track: Daytona International Speedway
Layout: International
Time of Day: Afternoon
Weather: Dynamic - Carried over from practice

Absences: @Browneskiii @Charlie9000 @Sisuvoima10 @Jake_Towns @Jukks @Richtofen @ramdrop

Last edited:

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
it be my 2nd favourite US Endurance race (right behind Sebring ¬_¬ )

also, why daylight...why?

Daytona & Night race goes together like Ycoms and the GTE Championship

Daytona & Day is like pineapple on pizza

IT DOESNT WORK

• Agree
Reactions: Dandy and Meireloso

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
did my first practice, in 38C track temp, some 40ish laps.
Down to a 1:44.1 with half a tank, but consistent pace high 44s to low 45s.

How screwed am I?

Jake_Towns

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 3, 2018
Have some bad news guys - PC blue screened on Thursday and been busy working on my actual car and called into work today and working late tomorrow I doubt I will be racing tomorrow as the PC needs a rebuild. Gutted. I'll keep you posted but doesn't look good right now.

• Informative
Reactions: Stephan

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Did a magical lap in an official practice, 1:42.03 - half a sec behind @Mike251997

Did the official race just now, which was weird. Track was cool at 27C.
Qualified P6. Got taken out in turn 1, then started recovering back into the top 10, and spun, entirely my own fault.
Fought again from mid pack up, ultimately had the most awesome battle for the last 3rd of the race, switching positions multiple times, defending and attacking hard but super clean. Was an awesome fight, and finished in P9.

• Clever
Reactions: mike66187

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
So I did an official race earlier.

Pace isn't great, I suspect I will be one of the slower Pro/Am guys as per usual. The car feels so alien here. It's usually planted. Turns 1 and 5 are hellishly hard to get the car slowed down for. Turns 1 and 3, specifically on exit, the car just loses all grip.

I'm also fairly convinced that turn 6 isn't actually tarmac. It's more like ice. Or if it actually is tarmac, then maybe it's covered in black ice. At any point through that corner, from the apex of the corner, until the banking, it is possible to have a slide at any point. Many slides if you so desire.

Started 10th, finished 5th. Pace dropped a bit relatively early on because I was watching the F1 at the same time. So yeah... not feeling too optimistic about tomorrow or keeping the Pro/Am lead.

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Same here Stevie. Did the race 2 hours ago. Hot as hell, 44°. And hell it was. Never felt that uncomfortable and out of pace in the Ferrari for a long time now. Let's pray for a sudden drop of the temps for tommorrow.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Also worth reminding that there is the constantly glitched yellow flat through turn 6.

Also you shouldn't be on the apron for the overtaking, or for the driving, or for the anything unless you're crossing it to pit or you're dead.

Jukks

AOR iRacing GTE S3 Pro-AM Champion
Jun 20, 2018
Can't do the race today, sorry! Also r.i.p pro-am championship hopes.

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie