S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 2 - The Road of The Americas. ROTA, if you will. | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 2 - The Road of The Americas. ROTA, if you will.

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Going to have to sit this one out tonight. I also seem to have come down with something and can't particularly see straight or concentrate well. Last time I tried to race like this it didn't end all that well.

Have a good race everyone, I'll probably watch one of the streams. :)
Clearly is the LMP1 cancer yday responsible for this. Get well soon!

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
Going to have to sit this one out tonight. I also seem to have come down with something and can't particularly see straight or concentrate well. Last time I tried to race like this it didn't end all that well.

Have a good race everyone, I'll probably watch one of the streams. :)
Get well soon.

Afterlithe

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2018
Sorry for the short notice but I'm not going to make the race today. Just not feeling well.

• Informative
Reactions: Stephan

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I'm going back to reserve if that is possible. It seems like the monday is quite hard for me to make it. @Stevie
You should sign up to the league with the intention of participating in every race. We therefore will no longer accept drivers who sign up to the league wanting to be a reserve because they don't want to commit to a full season.
Sorry, it's either in or out. We don't allow people to just be reserves anymore.

Richtofen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 22, 2016
Honestly don't know what the hell is going on. Last season I raced I matched Stevie and Sara for quali and race pace yet somehow Im now struggling to qualify not last and Im 2 secs off their pace and 4 off the lead. Something isn't right.

That and my screen blacked out and put me in the wall so that was nice.

I'm travelling for work next week so I'll miss Suzuka which is a shame as its one of my fave tracks.

BenOnWheels

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 20, 2018
Qualified 8th, finished 4th. Great battles with Soren, Evan, Jukka and Phillippe throughout the race! Just kept it on the island. Car was a bit understeery at times but certainly managable. Gained from a couple of retirements and Evan had a half spin which helped but I'm still pleased! Much needed result after retirement last week. See you at Suzuka!

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
had an awesome first 15 laps or so, with plenty of battling, keeping up with a nice field ahead, having cars within 2 seconds at all times.
Then, sadly, had contact in Canada corner, which threw me back a lot.
Lost my rhythm there and then.
Did some landscaping with a minor wall impact in the final turn just when considering to come in, so I came in. Was ultimately 45s down from the group I was chasing due to these two incident.

Looking forward to Suzukaaaargh

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Really enjoyed that. Really, really enjoyed that. Felt there was still a bit more to get in qualifying as I messed up but the final couple of corners on my best laps but you know.

My race pace is steady, so definitely had a few faster cars behind me. Ultimately those who were faster, got ahead which makes sense.

My steady pace has it's benefits. I think I managed the tyres quite well which helped. Once again I seemed to gain on those ahead through the pits. Managed to have a pretty close battle with @Bucefal. One lap less and I'd have been fine. Tried to fight it back but he was just faster and more in control. But hey, I'll take another points position.

Also we had another round of no first lap incidents. Great stuff, keep it up people!

Reactions: Bucefal

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
So disappointed in myself. I started p7 in class. Gradually going up and up and actually led Amateur before the pit stops.
I hadn't done any practice before 7, didn't realise there was a yellow line because I'm an idiot, did my stop, came out 10 seconds in the lead and crossed the yellow line. Stop and go the next lap and went along my angry drive home. Managed to stay in the mid 3s for lap times and had to overtake Towns for P2. Blackwood then overtook him and then I almost spun at T2, giving him P2.
He then gets DSQ on the very last lap, and I finish there only 20 seconds behind the win despite losing 35 in the stop go. It's the win that got away but very happy with my pace for how little I did.

However, I won't be here next week. I'm going down to Kent to see a few friends Saturday until the following Friday. There's the off chance I'll race, but I won't have my VR and it'll be on the laptop, so I doubt I'll race even if I can.

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
After a dozen of laps struggling to find my pace and follow my teammates, I entered in one of those "no man's land" races where your only job is to keep your car between the lines. I failed. On the evil hill. Somehow, I still managed to see the checker in a decent position for me (7th), with the assistance of Dominik who seemed to have some issues with fuel calculation ;)

Martinb

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 2, 2018
Well I really enjoyed my first race here. With absolutely no practice I knew that I would be somewhere near the back ( famous last words ). Anyway qualified 25th really pleased with my 18th place finish. this was mainly due to other drivers mishaps rather than me overtaking anyone. Did have a close battle with R Just until the pit stops.

So now it's on to round 3 at Suzuka

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Managed to have a pretty close battle with @Bucefal. One lap less and I'd have been fine. Tried to fight it back but he was just faster and more in control.
Those few turns side by side gave me some sweat but you played it well and managed to stay in front (y)
Like you I use to save my tires and fuel quite well and I think the extra laps I did over you before pit stop gave me the definitive advantage.

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
That was miles better than last week, literally in every aspect possible. xD Also love the track, traditionally doing well round here no matter what car.

Quali lap was pitch perfect until the last 3 corners where I lost 2 tenths. Didn't matter in the end though luckily.
First 11 laps were waaaaaaay to sweaty, I tried absolutely everything to break the slipstream from @mike66187, but he just wouldn't have it. On top of that he had a rocket ship on the straights, so especially in the beginning I needed to have 5 tenths of a gap coming out of the final corner to still be ahead into T5, that was quite a hastle. And I'm pretty certain this could have carried on for the whole 80 minutes if that mistake from him didn't happen. Luckily it didn't for me, I don't think my nerves would have handled it very well. Bit inconsistent in the second half of the race, but it didn't really matter as I had the gap afer L12.

Feeling for @N1kmido in particular, back from the grid up to P3 and then just one lap short of fuel...your pace was amazing!

Doubt I can keep this up the next few weeks, this track was definitely also strong for the Porsche I feel, but we shall see, happy with tonight. :)

• Winner
Reactions: N1kmido

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Good race everyone, it was fun until I had to do mental maths (and failed)

Thanks for the kind words Chris, my pace was decent but way off yours! Congrats again on the dominant win.

And sorry to whoever I divebombed into turn 3. I think it was you Alexandre (@Bucefal) but can´t remember exactly anymore. I definitely didn´t mean to, just was a bit late on the brakes and I think you were a tad early so I basically just went to the inside to avoid crashing into you. :confused:

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Good race everyone, it was fun until I had to do mental maths (and failed)

Thanks for the kind words Chris, my pace was decent but way off yours! Congrats again on the dominant win.

And sorry to whoever I divebombed into turn 3. I think it was you Alexandre (@Bucefal) but can´t remember exactly anymore. I definitely didn´t mean to, just was a bit late on the brakes and I think you were a tad early so I basically just went to the inside to avoid crashing into you. :confused:
1. Get a calculator. There's one in the sign up thread.
2. WHY DIDN'T YOU QUALIFY?

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
2. WHY DIDN'T YOU QUALIFY?
I did but Jackie wasn´t happy with my lines so he gave me some very doubtful x´s. :whistle:

It wasn´t the best iRacing week I had so far in all honesty. Did 2 official races and got dsq in both, one of those I also had to start from the back due to incapability. Do you believe me when I say it´s one of my favourite tracks?