S5: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 2 - Nürburgring Gesamtstrecke 24h | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S5: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 2 - Nürburgring Gesamtstrecke 24h

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
I voted for that track 'cause I love it. Though, I knew there was a high potential of a boring race. After the firts 2 laps where everyone around me died, I raced on my own. Danger is everywhere here, so you still need to stay focused, which I slightly failed to actually. But hey, top 10, I'll take it. Might also be a good result in class, I guess...

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014

i just need someone to explain this to me...as in how the hell did i manage to do 4 laps in a row within 4 tenths of eachother

glad i decided to continue on after my 11m repair..did cost me some actual points, but im hoping to make that back up at the glen

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Almost perfect!
Messed up Qualifying, didn't get a clean lap in.
Started P38, Finished P16. Running 0x until the white flag, had a black out moment, missing my braking marker and ended up mowing the lawn a bit. Nothing hurt except my pride.
Somewhere around lap 7 I guess I got some underfloor damage, as the front end grip was completely gone and the car handled very poorly. dropped 10s/lap from there onwards. No optional repairs offered.

Here's my personal highlight, awesome side by side action and super clean overtake:

Reactions: Izzizo

Krusen

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 28, 2014
Did my best ever lap for qualifying, but that was only enough for about P20, which wasn't too bad I guess.

Darren Potter ran wide at some point during lap 1 which I guess gave him a slow down, but it caused me to run into the back of him as he let off the throttle afterwards. This caused me to drop down 4 positions right away and 2 more shortly after, but luckily no serious damage.

I was then stuck behind @Jake_Towns for the rest of the lap with @Merlin Cooper and some other guys right up my butt for most of it (until they crashed).

After this I was actually fast for once and catching people ahead. First off was Darren Potter on lap 4. Then @FisiFan91 on lap 5 when he was mowing the lawn. I got past Marvin Sluman during the pit stop on lap 7. Then I had a good lap with Jeremy Hoppe during lap 9, until he went wide and into the wall.

For the last two laps I tried to catch Flavien Fouque who was less than 5 seconds ahead, but my tires were a bit worn and I made too many small mistakes - locking up and sliding around a bit. Only 2.4 seconds behind in the end.

My view:

2019-01-08 08-36-39_2.png

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
1546960808631.png

cant believe i missed me...gibbons...gaillaird and fouque going 4 wide into turn 1

Reactions: Stephan