S5: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 6 - Twin Ring Motegi | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S5: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 6 - Twin Ring Motegi

Claudiu_Clima

Formula Karter
Dec 5, 2018
I couldn't make it tonight. I have had hardware issues for a few weeks and I set up my spare PC. Unfortunately I could only put that PC together today. It looked like I was going to make it until Windows decided not to boot because I interrupted the updates.
I'll be back next week.

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
Ummm....newby question...why the hell did my engine blow up!? Lol...45min repair time too. Around lap 5 my crew chief told me my engine temps were getting high, then I noticed my car getting slower and slower, then bang! ...

Afterlithe

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2018
Radiator damage plus reving high is usually the reason for blown engine.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Yeah, sometimes just high reving does the trick too.

Especially if doing the downshifts late, but not sure if you did that.

Tjor

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 5, 2018
Well, I had fun racing this league up until now, but I'm not too happy with today's racing. I missed my start because I was watching to my right to see when Eero would go, but right at the moment he went, I had drifted toward the left and was with 2 wheels on the grass so I couldn't accelerate and lost 2 positions.

When trying to make up positions, I was side by side with Asger throughout the esses. I managed to get ahead in T9, but he managed to get side by side with me while braking for T10. On exit, he pushed me wide and I suffered some damage in that scrap. This damage caused my oil and water temps to rise until alarm levels. I pitted early and got it fixed, came out in slower traffic. I was up to a second per lap faster than some of those guys, but they would still fight me into apexes etc. Had 1 spin while fighting through that. After everybody else pitted, I was 5s behind Asger. I chased him down, red mist came in and I spun again. Rage quit, with 2 laps to go.

I'm gonna cool down a bit now, so most of this is typed while still having a bit too much adrenaline...

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I had a mixed race too.

Got decent qualifying considering how uncomfy I am with the track.
Then, L2, the last S onto the start/finish, had some contact with Gibson ? - Not sure who's fault that was, I felt I had nowhere to go, but watching the replay, I might have had a hand in it and could have done better. Apologies.

Then, few corners later, getting together with Ben, after a bad rejoin the corner before caused a 4 car pack going into that turn. Guess Ben didn't see me. No hard feelings.

After that, great battle with Ben, felt I was faster but couldn't get by. Pit window was opening but I didn't want to get out of the pits into the leaders.
So, decided to fall back a bit, hoping Ben would catch the train ahead if not under pressure. Had a bit more fun fights with him. Did you get a slow down?
Then hard defending.

Later, got out ahead of Sebastien, managed to hold him back a few laps. Must have been frustrating, but good fun.

After that, just tried to finish without killing the tires completely.

Phil Bedford

AOR iRacing GTE S4 AM Champion
Mar 18, 2017
I got a cracker of a start - then BSOD on L1 T6 maybe? Ho[e I didnt kill anyone :(

mike66187

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2018
This race made me remember how much i hate this track, the Ford & Motegi combo just doesn't work for me. How i finished 3rd i have no idea. Guess I'm not the only one struggling here.

Reactions: Dandy

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
I had a mixed race too.

Got decent qualifying considering how uncomfy I am with the track.
Then, L2, the last S onto the start/finish, had some contact with Gibson ? - Not sure who's fault that was, I felt I had nowhere to go, but watching the replay, I might have had a hand in it and could have done better. Apologies.

Then, few corners later, getting together with Ben, after a bad rejoin the corner before caused a 4 car pack going into that turn. Guess Ben didn't see me. No hard feelings.

After that, great battle with Ben, felt I was faster but couldn't get by. Pit window was opening but I didn't want to get out of the pits into the leaders.
So, decided to fall back a bit, hoping Ben would catch the train ahead if not under pressure. Had a bit more fun fights with him. Did you get a slow down?
Then hard defending.

Later, got out ahead of Sebastien, managed to hold him back a few laps. Must have been frustrating, but good fun.

After that, just tried to finish without killing the tires completely.
Yeah really enjoyed our battle, not sure what really happened when we made contact, i remember taken T2 and getting turned so couldnt tell what happend or who it was.

My car was getting slower and every now and then it wouldn't shift into 3 thats when you overtook me after that the car would bog down and then it eventuality blew

Asger8907

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 26, 2018
Well, I had fun racing this league up until now, but I'm not too happy with today's racing. I missed my start because I was watching to my right to see when Eero would go, but right at the moment he went, I had drifted toward the left and was with 2 wheels on the grass so I couldn't accelerate and lost 2 positions.

When trying to make up positions, I was side by side with Asger throughout the esses. I managed to get ahead in T9, but he managed to get side by side with me while braking for T10. On exit, he pushed me wide and I suffered some damage in that scrap. This damage caused my oil and water temps to rise until alarm levels. I pitted early and got it fixed, came out in slower traffic. I was up to a second per lap faster than some of those guys, but they would still fight me into apexes etc. Had 1 spin while fighting through that. After everybody else pitted, I was 5s behind Asger. I chased him down, red mist came in and I spun again. Rage quit, with 2 laps to go.

I'm gonna cool down a bit now, so most of this is typed while still having a bit too much adrenaline...
Sorryyyy, my bad :oops:o_O:giggle:

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Yeah really enjoyed our battle, not sure what really happened when we made contact, i remember taken T2 and getting turned so couldnt tell what happend or who it was.

My car was getting slower and every now and then it wouldn't shift into 3 thats when you overtook me after that the car would bog down and then it eventuality blew
Yeah, I looked at the replay, you really didn’t see me and turned into me. Was a bad situation where all cars in that turn were off the normal speed and line because of that bad rejoin of that Porsche in the turn before. Can’t blame you but not taking blame either :p
I can share you my view on it tomorrow.

Was a real fun battle then and sorry to see your Fiat blowing up

Edit: fixed autocorrect

Last edited:

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
My first and only race here before this week was a year ago. By night. In GT3. I had quite good memories of it but when I jumped into practice sessions this week, all of that was gone. Pace was nowhere, couldn't get the flow of the track even if some parts are great fun. One IMSA race to see where I was, compared to equal opponents. Nowhere.

AOR comes and I get P7 overall and 2nd in Pro/Am. Wait, what?!? Weird track, weird race. Managed to stay focused and have fun for quite a long time and at some points got bored of these "stop and go" parts of the track and made stupid mistakes.

Sorry for the little kiss on your butt @AOR Midg3t but we had opposite way of driving and each time you were blocking your tires in that corner I was almost ready to go on gas pedal. My voice chat was too low so I don't know what you said at that moment. Only friendly words I assume :)

Daytona comming... At least this one everyone should be used to it. Oh wait, I did the Daytona24 in the Porsche...o_O

Reactions: Stephan

Dandy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2018
That was interesting race:) never driven here on such a hot track. Started from the pits and was strugling to overtake people and eventualy caught the ass of nicklas domino:( sorry for that. Pitted early and had quite a few interesting battles on the last 15mins. Specialy then you have 17x under your belt haha. Thanks for a great racing everyone and see you next week!

Justin || Taz

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2016
My race was terrible as usual, just struggling to keep it on track. Got upto 19 warnings by about lap 11/12 and then survived another 10 or so laps after finding some good rhythm then lost it again. I think this season for me is just going to be a complete write off and hopefully by next season i will know how to race decently and at a decent speed

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
My first and only race here before this week was a year ago. By night. In GT3. I had quite good memories of it but when I jumped into practice sessions this week, all of that was gone. Pace was nowhere, couldn't get the flow of the track even if some parts are great fun. One IMSA race to see where I was, compared to equal opponents. Nowhere.

AOR comes and I get P7 overall and 2nd in Pro/Am. Wait, what?!? Weird track, weird race. Managed to stay focused and have fun for quite a long time and at some points got bored of these "stop and go" parts of the track and made stupid mistakes.

Sorry for the little kiss on your butt @AOR Midg3t but we had opposite way of driving and each time you were blocking your tires in that corner I was almost ready to go on gas pedal. My voice chat was too low so I don't know what you said at that moment. Only friendly words I assume :)

Daytona comming... At least this one everyone should be used to it. Oh wait, I did the Daytona24 in the Porsche...o_O
because you were lagging about the place i netcoded you from 0.2 back and that ruined my chance at a p6/7..but ill take 13th

Joachim Ljunggren

Pro Karter
Jul 2, 2018
Tough race but fun! Had good pace in warm up but when it came to qualy it was gone! Was down in 18th place or something and I started to half panic. :) Made one last attempt and managed a 11th spot which felt OK. Having only done two races here in total since I started with iRacing back in 2014.
At the start Imray got by in turn 2. After that I tried to pass him but he defended and there was no way to pass him. Tried everything. Finally on lap 6 or 7 I got by just before the bridge when he went a bit wide in the turn.
After that I catched another car and passed him more easily so I was running in 9th place. Had Sara Dove close behind me the whole time and @Bucefal in front of me and he was lagging to death. He was all over the place and I had no clue where he was. I lost focus. After half the race or something the car started to feel worse and a couple of cars behind us could catch up. She made an awesome pass on the outside at the same spot I passed Imray and we were two wide in a couple of turns. Good stuff!
Then started some heavy battling with the cars behind. Didn't helped my pit strategy. I saw Sara pitting early so when I was in this pack I thought I had to pit now and not lose more time because we were slow and I thought she had us for sure. But when I came out of pits I was 3 seconds ahead of Sara! Strange.
After that I had some more breathing space and could just drive as fast as I could. Phil had made a great race and I was 2-3 seconds behind him and I tried to catch him but it was impossible.
I finished in 8th place. Happy with that.

My PoV.