PC - S7: AOR GT3 Elite - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC S7: AOR GT3 Elite - Main Thread

Novey

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 5, 2016
Yes! That would be the way!
Pick certain corners where drivers could obviously take advantage of.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
While I understand why this discussion has come up, I am personally struggling with the logic that we should change the rules that have been in place since Season 1 just because some drivers aren't able to abide by them.

I absolutely hate seeing drivers getting penalised after races, but ultimately it's the driver's own fault for not sufficiently respecting the rules they signed up under, intentionally or not.

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
There is discussions going on about the rules, and making it a clear cut answer / penalty system.
We are looking into this, and I'm hoping that it is put in place during the break.

Reactions: Novey

GodfatherofShift

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 9, 2017
we shouldnt Change anything during the Season, and im not sure if a Change would help. but dq for extending like in laguna seca is much too hard and not fair in my view. we should adjust the Penalty instead changing the rules

Novey

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 5, 2016
Of course no one will change them during the season, we are talking between seasons.
The rule should be kept but the penalties should be different depending on which corners the driver was cutting the track. Each corner is different and not all track extending gives advantages so yeah :)

jam_my21

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 LMP1 Champion
Mar 17, 2017
Thanks for idea. Not done that yet as I lose all my setups if I do that.
I found something from PCARS and Logitech forums that I had done now. After doing those changes my G29 felt totally different and now I have made my new FFB settings. Let's see what happen on next race.
If this problem still exists on next race I'll try your idea to rename my default.sav and see if that's help.
I've had i similiar problem. Try a different car or livery. If that doesn't help i suggest you rename your default.sav ( saved profile/setups )

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
Of course no one will change them during the season, we are talking between seasons.
The rule should be kept but the penalties should be different depending on which corners the driver was cutting the track. Each corner is different and not all track extending gives advantages so yeah :)
The problem is, where will the line be drawn? You can cut on corners X, Y and Z, but not A, B or C. How much can you then cut or extend? What might seem a reasonable amount to 5 people might be too much for another 5. A measurement of 'limit' is then completely open to interpretation and when racing, it isn't exactly easy to judge when you're racing wheel to wheel in close proximity.

To me, letting the game decide is not an option. You get a slow down penalty which is dangerous, control is taken away from a driver and it's very easy to cause accidents. The whole reason why we use the white lines as the track limits is that they're consistent at ALL tracks. They're clearly marked for everyone to see and it gives you a very definitive line as to where the limit is, making it fair for everyone.

Jeff[NL]

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2016
I am with Yorkie ^^ Since the game isnt perfect and the white lines infact are perfect it is the only way. I had a DSQ once because i wasnt paying to much attention on track limits ( to much pushing also ) it was on Catalunya also and i learned from it and really try hard not to cross the white lines anymore and that is what it should be for everyone. So it is just up to everybody not to hesitate to make it to the stewards and make a complain about fellow drivers.

Offcourse everybody crosses the lines sometimes but it should not be a consistant thing. You should not feel bad to make it to the stewards for reasons other drivers give you. If you think it isnt right then the stewards will decide ( btw are there rules regarding to the penalty system that stewards are giving ? )

AndrexUK

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Edited

There are rules, but it's not a clear black and white rule, which is part of the problem. Which is why we are discussing the ruling on this.
It needs to be clear to all drivers (+ stewards) exactly what the rule is, and what the penalty is (depending on how often the rule is broken).
And as Yorkie said, the only real way to make it fair on everyone, is to use the white lines.
There is no reason to have all 4 wheels over the white line. Only if control has been lost, or perhaps avoiding something. But this should be very rare.
I'm quite sure if I went through everyone's replay, I would be confident that almost every single driver would cross the white lines. It happens, and it's not a problem, as long as it's not happening consistently.
The issue at the moment, is the frequency and how much by.

Personally, I'm fine with all 4 wheels a tiny bit over, but when some are over half a car width (or more), then that's not acceptable. But again, as Yorkie said, it can't be left open to someone deciding if it's ok or not, it needs to be a definitive yes / no. And the logical thing to define the limit, is the white lines (that's what they are there fore).

But there is no reason to not inject the new ruling ASAP, even in the middle of the season.

Last edited:

Novey

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 5, 2016
I agree with everything but drivers are still doing it. Top drivers too. Should the penalties be more severe? And someone would have to look over the replay who was cutting the track to take them to the stewards.

AndrexUK

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
There was no clear guideline in place before now, so penalties were a little inconsistant.

This will still rely on drivers raising cases to deal with future cases, but if we make a big thing of having reviewed the situation, and making our stance very clear. I suspect most will probably clean themselves up rather quickly.
I raise the cases so the driver learns not to do it! But with DQ's on the line, others will raise them to gain positions!

Beyond that, as long as we stick to the ruling, then it shouldn't take long before the drivers realize they won't get away with it.

IMO, I still feel that the league Cods should raise cases themselves if they notice anything that might break the rules (after watching the stream / noting anyone doing it during the race).
I assure everyone, that I am well aware of how long it takes to raise one of these cases (I've raised more than a few...)
But I honestly think, if we show that we mean business, and that ppl will get caught / penalties given out - It will do a huge amount to improve things.
It might not be overnight!
It might require to invest some time into raising these cases to start with.
But I think it's worth the effort!
And again, once penalties have been handed out to a few (like the recent ones), ppl will realise they can't just 'get away with it like before'.

AndrexUK

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
We shouldnt loose great drivers
^ This
The ppl getting DQ's / Q Ban's are clearly ones abusing the rules! Why do we really want these ppl in the league?

Novey

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 5, 2016
I saw Nova and Tscharf having beef in their own threads in stewards, so I thought it would be a shame to loose such great drivers if one of them would leave because of this, granted being their own fault but still.
Some corners can be forgiven I think.

Reactions: Bilt!s

AndrexUK

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
If he's great, then he can stick to the rules.

No, some corners cannot be forgiven, as that just leads to inconsistency! (Unless it has been approved by the League Cods before the race).

This is partly why there is an issue. That some feel they are not gaining any advantage when they do it, and so they think it's ok / excusable for doing it.
It's quite simple really. If someone is going beyond the track limits, its because they are carrying too much speed to take the corner within the white lines. If they are carrying more speed, then they have an advantage.

The penalties are avoidable. If it happens unintentionally, then you just need to lift off to gain any advantage.
In most corners, the 'advantage' is probably VERY small (until you multiply that by the number of times they do it!), and you don't actually have to lift off much to compensate. But it does need to be noticeable (normally your exhaust will flame out!) so you can prove you lifted (or showing the replay of the revs drop / not increase).

Mr AlcoN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 18, 2015
My season from hell continues... No matter what i do my wheel wont work with project cars so am giving up this season, rly sry.
Hopefully i can get it sorted to next season.

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
My season from hell continues... No matter what i do my wheel wont work with project cars so am giving up this season, rly sry.
Hopefully i can get it sorted to next season.
Where is the Finnish SISU? Never give up!