PC - S7: AOR GT3 Pro - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC S7: AOR GT3 Pro - Main Thread

EVR Morvic

Reigning AOR PC GT Endurance Champion
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016

This is the main thread for the PC GT3 Pro League - here you can chat about anything with your fellow league drivers!

General Information:
Race Day: Wednesday
Event start: 7:45pm (UK time)

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

League Coordinator: @Morvic
Race Host: Server (AOR GT3 Pro League)
Back-up Host: TBC

Drivers and Teams:

Drivers:
@Suki136, @eaZed neptune, @grobi0815, @Morvic, @Mattster, @PhantomHamster, @WarnTyre, @Partyfuchs, @hagar147, @Col.McCoy, @ahojekk, @3ddii3, @N1kmido, @maxafc46, @Fast_draw7, @Dogukan Ozturk, @D.Brezancic, @vadim, @StarClassic, @W4ckyRac3r, @Gonzo, @A. Bach, @HFO
Reserve Drivers:
@GA89, @Datt Miffey,

Teams:
Dark Ghostbusters
- @grobi0815 / Free Spot - RUF RGT-8 GT3 (Kortex Sport #8)
Big an Daft - @Morvic / @eaZed neptune - Bentley Continental GT3 (Team HTP #84/#85)
007 Racing - @ahojekk / @Suki136 - Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 (Aston Martin Racing #007)
RUF & Tumble - @StarClassic / @Gonzo - RUF RGT-8 GT3 (Skydive Dubai #11)
Smexy Racing - @WarnTyre / Free Spot - RUF RGT-8 GT3 (Huntclub #40)
Team Overkill - @Mattster / @W4ckyRac3r - McLaren 12C GT3 (Hexis Racing #1/#2)
Karbon Motorsports - Free Spot / @vadim - Audi R8 LMS Ultra (Ringley Engineering #24)
Pickup Team - Free Spot / @Fast_draw7 - RUF RGT-8 GT3 (ERAD #86)

Last edited:

EVR Morvic

DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
Welcome to S7 of the GT3 league lads! Happy to see you all in and ready to race :) I would like to tell you two things that might be important.
First, we'll be using a server this season (name in the OP). However, knowing the nature of the game, we might need an emergency lobby host. So, it's heavily advised to check this thread.
Second is about the race day itself. When the warm-up starts, I'd like all of you to stay in the pit lane. You can go out to check if your game is working correctly, but don't go further than sector 1.

I hope we will see some interesting battles this season and most importantly have fun!

@Suki136, @eaZed neptune, @grobi0815, @Morvic, @Mattster, @GileRobija, @PhantomHamster, @Paradyski, @WarnTyre, @Partyfuchs, @ramdrop, @hagar147, @Col.McCoy, @ahojekk, @Prikshaans, @DANGEROUS GIANETTA, @3ddii3, @N1kmido, @maxafc46, @Fast_draw7, @Dogukan Ozturk, @D.Brezancic, @vadim, @W4ckyRac3r, @GA89, @Gonzo, @Datt Miffey

King-kodiak

AOR Head Commentator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
Welcome fresh faces and racing aces, I am your commentator again this season and I cant wait to get stuck in. Sadly I am on holiday for the opening round so my stunt double @Hamish Sopwith has very kindly agreed to stand in for me, and I will be back in the box for round 2 onwards. I look forward to shouting about you all

vadim

AOR PC GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Mar 5, 2017
i have a question, in rules it says there is no rolling start, last two seasons had no rolling starts either and looking now at the tier threads can see formation and start of rolling start zones, how is it?

Datt Miffey

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 17, 2017
i have a question, in rules it says there is no rolling start, last two seasons had no rolling starts either and looking now at the tier threads can see formation and start of rolling start zones, how is it?
It's saying the lobby settings are set to standing start rather than pCars' own rolling start option - you're stationary for a few seconds at the start of the session and then do a manual rolling lap.

Reactions: vadim

Enzo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2015
@Datt Miffey yes you do need to select a car as a reserve because if you get an opportunity to race and you score points we can't put you on the results if you are in a new car every week :)

@vadim as Dat Miffey has said above the no rolling start is referring to the lobby settings available in pcars we don't use this due to the fact it is incredibly buggy which is why we manually do rolling starts.

• Agree
Reactions: EVR Morvic

eaZed neptune

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jun 22, 2016
just like to say hi to all drivers ..the usual suspects :rofl:...and the new guys(y) .hope to have some good racing with all of you this season.
really glad we got @King-kodiak & @Hamish Sopwith commentating ..been watching you guys on f1 you make a great team;)
heres a video i did a while ago from last season so for the new guys heres what youre in for..the highs and the lows lol:nailbiting:
see the master @King-kodiak at work ...hes like our very own murray walker:woot:.
now this was only supposed to be short but ended up +30mins.i aint that great at editing:facepalm:
big thanks again to @King-kodiak for letting me use his streams :love:.links to his twitch and youtube are in the video description.i highly recommend giving him a sub,like or follow(y)

Gonzo

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 14, 2017
Hi Morvic,
Glad to "meet" you!
I posted this on the "announcement" page from last night, but wondered if I should have posted it here:

Regarding the Reserves (this is a new 'concept' to me, so please bear with me), I have a some questions :
1. I am currently second reserve in tier 2 (GA89 is above me) - does that mean that two drivers have to drop out for me to race?
2. The on-the-night call ups : do they get invited in after only qualifying, i.e. can they qualify?
(I ask this because I assume that those that don't turn-up on the night still have until the very end of qualifying/warm-up to do so before a reserve gets called in. In which case, the reserve can't qualify and starts from the back.)
3. Do you have a feel for how many no shows/drop-out there are likely to be, or have been in the past?
I know its a 'how long is a piece of string' question - but I am trying to get a feel for how likely to race, say, twice, or say, 10 times in a 11 race season.
4. As an example, are there any no-shows for the first race that have already said so?
5. Do reserves get championship points?
6. Do the reserves stay as reserves all season? So if someone fails to show say twice and a reserve fills-in - is the no-show automatically back in for the 3rd race, or does the reserve jump into their seat?

Sorry for all the questions - and hope I am not a pain in the arse for asking!
Cheers :)
Morvic : can you help me any of these queries?

Reactions: Enzo and EVR Morvic

EVR Morvic

DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
Hi Morvic,
Glad to "meet" you!
I posted this on the "announcement" page from last night, but wondered if I should have posted it here:

Regarding the Reserves (this is a new 'concept' to me, so please bear with me), I have a some questions :
1. I am currently second reserve in tier 2 (GA89 is above me) - does that mean that two drivers have to drop out for me to race?
2. The on-the-night call ups : do they get invited in after only qualifying, i.e. can they qualify?
(I ask this because I assume that those that don't turn-up on the night still have until the very end of qualifying/warm-up to do so before a reserve gets called in. In which case, the reserve can't qualify and starts from the back.)
3. Do you have a feel for how many no shows/drop-out there are likely to be, or have been in the past?
I know its a 'how long is a piece of string' question - but I am trying to get a feel for how likely to race, say, twice, or say, 10 times in a 11 race season.
4. As an example, are there any no-shows for the first race that have already said so?
5. Do reserves get championship points?
6. Do the reserves stay as reserves all season? So if someone fails to show say twice and a reserve fills-in - is the no-show automatically back in for the 3rd race, or does the reserve jump into their seat?

Sorry for all the questions - and hope I am not a pain in the arse for asking!
Morvic : can you help me any of these queries?
Hello Gonzo, I'm glad to meet you aswell!
I'll answer all your questions as you asked them in points:
1. Yes, it's in order. If, for example GA89 can't race, you are allowed to join in. If there are 2 or more no-shows, then you can race aswell.
2. You can qualify, in a race you act as a normal driver with only difference you are a reserve and you don't have to race at all times, unlike a full-time driver.
3. That is really random to be fair. I can't answer that.
4. Probably answer is the same as 3rd point.
5. Yes, they do.
6. They don't neccesarily stay reserves the whole season. If a full-time driver leaves the league (for whatever reason), first reserve on the list fills in (if they wish to, you can stay reserve aswell), and that carries on.

I hope I answered all your questions in an understandable way mate!

• Agree
Reactions: Gonzo and Enzo

Gonzo

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 14, 2017
Morvic - thank you very much for the reply!
So on the qualifying question, so that I have this right : the 3 reserves (if they want to) join the practice and qualifying session with the full-time drivers and set a qualifying time. But if 25 drivers full-time drivers all show-up - the 3 reserves then leave the session before the race starts? But if there are 1, 2 or 3 no-shows from the full-timers then 1, 2 or 3 reserves then remain in the session and can race?
So there might be 28 drivers in qualifying, but only 25 racing?

Reactions: Enzo

Enzo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2015
So on the qualifying question, so that I have this right : the 3 reserves (if they want to) join the practice and qualifying session with the full-time drivers and set a qualifying time. But if 25 drivers full-time drivers all show-up - the 3 reserves then leave the session before the race starts?
Usually the coordinators tag the reserves if they are available to race when a seat is available. For example if a full time driver cant make it to the race due to lack of time (for example work) there will be room for 1 reserve to join. There is no need for reserves to join the session if all full time drivers are participating furthermore the lobby will be restricted to 26 drivers, so you won't be able to join the session on the occasions where all full time drivers are available to race anyway. Hope that answers your questions! :)