PS4 - Safety Car Concerns | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Safety Car Concerns

Have you had any issues with the Safety Car on PS4 online during V1.5

• Total voters

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Hey guys,

We've seen some issues on the PC and Xbox side in regards to the Safety Car that resulted in drive through penalties and in some cases disqualification, see below.
We are asking you guys now to report any issues you experienced on PS4 so we can make sure that running the safety car is an acceptable option for the leagues or if we should turn it off until any potential issues are resolved in a future patch.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014

BeMu

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 10, 2016
I'm not sure if it was in v1.5 or 1.4 but it was a similar issue to the one above where despite the safety car lights being green it wasn't letting backmarkers overtake. In the case I experienced, everyone sat behind the safety car instead of ignoring the warning and a lap or two later it let them through. The way I see it is that there won't be an issue if you follow the onscreen warnings because if you ignore them you will always get a penalty.

BigC_019

GP2 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2016
In a PSGL league race, two drivers got three drive-throughs penalties (Faunus01 and TUSZMUSZ in video) whilst I got two drive-through penalties.

Video illustrates it.

Tigerkart_22

AOR Podcast Quiz Multiple Winner
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
Don't think we should use it. It'll cause more issues, and it's simply not worth it.

I voted yes, but while they have not affected me, I have seen the problems it has caused

Last edited:

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Only issue I've ever had is that the logic is fucked and it comes out at weird times. Other than that I've never had any trouble. I vote for having it on for the sake of realism, and tbh I'd hope there aren't that many huge accidents in the race that warrant it coming out.

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
I had several safety cars online and no issues whatsoever, exept of @BigshotP1ayerGR DSC during the SC in the Australia social, as he lead and that caused irritation.

Walsh89-

F1 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
I voted no but i haven't seen it online, i've never had issues with it offline but obviously lag online could change that. As already said i doubt/would hope we wouldn't see it much in league races anyway but it would be nice to use if possible with the added strategy and mixing up races.

Maybe go with it to start with and then if there are any problems at all in a league race then disable it.

• Agree
Reactions: alexukr

JIM-NervoTank

3-time AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
In the Spanish league where's I'm racing SC ruined most of the drivers with silly DTs, stop and go penalties, +3 sec from nowhere... crazy tbh. Ghost cars infront of the SC, random positions. There's no way till new patch fix it

machwebb

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Mar 8, 2016
No not yet, but I think VSC is poorly implemented. You have to accelerate hard on the straights and drive like a granny else where.. Pain in the buttocks, should have just had a limiter.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Jthorn97

mazais5727

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 1, 2016
i agree with racing green.if in race will not be a safety car,whats the point from real damage and realism?at the moment i had no problems with safety car.people couple of times lagging but not the safety car :)

Mitch

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 11, 2016
It always says overtake it even though your your leading then you get drive throughs for falling to far back

Carbon

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 4, 2016
What's this for? Why are our names here?
[DOUBLEPOST=1474920918][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why are our names here? @Bcolt93

DatWallDoe

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 22, 2016
The only issues that ive saw was in championship season mode online and it was with the VSC and it caused drived thru penalties

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I don't think it's worth running it until we're completely certain it's bug free

• Agree
Reactions: F1_Dan