PC - Safety car vote | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Safety car vote

Would you like the safety car to be turned on?

• No

• Maybe

• None of the above (yes in other words) ;)

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Genius

Moderator & 1-time AOR XB1 GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Safety car vote:

Before casting your vote in this we, the staff team, will strongly advice you to think carefully of what you are voting for.

The safety car on this game is something we all want to use and the reason it has been disabled in the leagues are due to it being glitchy and unstable. Still a few people in this league are willing to have the safety car on for the rest of the season. Hence I have now set up this poll.

Some general information about this vote is that it will be necessary to have a majority of 60 % of the league's members in favour of the suggestion of having it on. After that I will bring the results to the staff team where we will discuss it and then I will let you know how it will be from now on. The quicker the votes come in the faster we can get back to you with a decision.

Note that the earliest round the safety car could be used is round 10.

Reactions: Chicane and SMEAJ

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Ok then just one thing I'd also like to mention. If the vote gets passed and we race with safety car on. There is 2 main rules I want set in stone. 1) NO one will on purpose bring the safety car out and 2) NO one is to break any rules, that would normally apply. ie: overtaking under safety car, as we all know there is many glitches that can be abused. Which is what has the given me the idea, that it is possibly a good idea to turn it on if we just have sane people who race within the normal rules. Ofcourse there is various other glitches, where it is ofcourse on track at inappropriate times, but oh well our split isn't at the best and most serious it has ever been lol.

iZi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 5, 2017
No way im voting yes on the safety car. This game suffers already from enough bugs and glitches. the safety car is an abomination the past 2 F1's and won't provide with improved gameplay.

The Genius

Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ok then just one thing I'd also like to mention. If the vote gets passed and we race with safety car on. There is 2 main rules I want set in stone. 1) NO one will on purpose bring the safety car out and 2) NO one is to break any rules, that would normally apply. ie: overtaking under safety car, as we all know there is many glitches that can be abused. Which is what has the given me the idea, that it is possibly a good idea to turn it on if we just have sane people who race within the normal rules. Ofcourse there is various other glitches, where it is ofcourse on track at inappropriate times, but oh well our split isn't at the best and most serious it has ever been lol.
Rules like these excists from previous seasons and will be used.

Reactions: Haydn

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Will the names of the yes-voters be published? So if someone cries/ragequits because of any SC-related bug, we can simply refer to his vote here?
I find it quite a tough decision. Anyway, I voted yes, because the championship is moreless decided anyway. Let us be the test case.

• Agree

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
I voted yes, even if it will probably be a negative for me in terms of points standing etc.

• Winner
Reactions: Chicane

Thm786

S17 AOR PC F2 Champion
May 21, 2017
I voted yes because I think SC can brings great piece of racing, tension and entertainment ! Happy to see that @SMEAJ voted yes too even if it’s more likely going to cost him wins than give him them :p

• Agree
Reactions: SMEAJ and Chicane

koldo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
I voted no because I'm german and therefore serious and don't know humor.

• Scared
Reactions: SMEAJ

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Before casting your vote in this we, the staff team, will strongly advice you to think carefully of what you are voting for.
Is this only for the PC F4 League? I don't see it anywhere else mentioned.

Mr AlcoN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 18, 2015
Well, if am gonna go under with this sinking ship I rather due it inside a safety car.

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
Brexit Means Brexit

Last edited:

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
voting is pretty similar to brexit: pretty close. 1 more Yes for hitting that 60% limit.
@The Genius will you make sure that only votes from F4 drivers count?
I remember a voting last season or the season before, where people not driving in the split were actually voting.

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
What legend voted yes then?

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
There's no more active racers than 13? Or people who actually start+finish the race?

The Genius

Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
voting is pretty similar to brexit: pretty close. 1 more Yes for hitting that 60% limit.
@The Genius will you make sure that only votes from F4 drivers count?
I remember a voting last season or the season before, where people not driving in the split were actually voting.
Moderators will have a way of showing that, we had atleast before the update but I will ask Dan or someone to check for me.

Reactions: SMEAJ

Aaron Shum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2016
I have voted yes. Looks like SC has been decided by majority then? Would have loved to have this happen a long time ago......................

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
Throwback to when we thought we might actually have some good entertaining races in this league for once

• Burn