PC - Season 14 aftertalk - Crashing Memories - Assist League 2 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Season 14 aftertalk - Crashing Memories - Assist League 2

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
Just a thread to talk about our experiences in the past season, I will start!

RichyB

Oct 16, 2017
For me, this league has been a great experience. I've been eagerly looking forward to each and every race weekend. After my first race, I got hooked to the game and started practicing a lot. All this practicing led me to the point where I wanted to start driving without assists. Over the christmas break I decided to upgrade my standard thrustmaster pedals to the t3pa pro pedal set. I got the no assists driving down for he hungarian grand prix. This took me a lot of practice, but I think it payed off looking at the hungarian grand prix result;). I also decided to buy a playseat for a more consistent setup, I really didn’t like my desk chair rolling back after a few heavy braking zones.

In terms of the championship, after Silverstone it looked to be close between @EditedStorm27 @Douwe_C and myself. Unfortunately, @Douwe_C became less active after the silverstone race and it was between @EditedStorm27 and me. I got the chamionship lead with 4 wins in a row. But @EditedStorm27 stayed very consistent in his results. When he won the singapore grand prix, I expected a close last few races. I knew my pace was better in general, but @EditedStorm27 has been quite dominant in the rain. Unfortunately for him, with the lack of rain and some bad luck I won the chamionship with quite a big gap in the end. Thanks @EditedStorm27 for the championship battle though, it has been exciting!

I will defenitely be racing in the next season of AOR (I think there will be more info on the new season later this week), and I hope a lot of you will be racing to! Overall I've seen a lot of progress in this league and I defenitely expect to see some of us in a higher league next season.

I want to thank everyone for this great experience and all the fun memories that came with it! I hope to see you all next season!

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this season and unexpectedly found myself fighting for podiums this season considering in season 13 my best finish was 7th, After building up a 28 point lead after Monaco I thought I could really go for the championship and had a very fun title battle with @RichyB , although I know @RichyB would have beaten me anyway down to his superior pace I think Japan was the deciding factor this season, After watching a 60 point gap to @RichyB slowly erode I showed temendous pace in Singapore and Malaysia, nearly winning from 8th on the grid in Malaysia and I know if I did not spin on lap 3 I could have had another showdown with @RichyB but Japan destroyed me as going in I was shaking due to the fact my pc had nearly deleted F1 30 minutes prior and I was lucky to be in the race. After qualifying P13 my worst of the season I had it all to do (Qualifying has plagued me throughout this season and was responsible for a lot of my bad luck), but after @RichyB spun I knew I had a chance to make up ground but due to my timidness and me stupidly turning back on traction due to my worry I had appalling pace and watch @RichyB overtake me as I lagged about in the pits, I knew at that moment I had lost the championship and feel I would have held on until the final round if I had had more confidence, the races that followed were quite frankly abismal for me after losing 2nd on the final lap at the US I broke my wing twice on the back of @Nakianu at Mexico limping back for 4th and after looking strong at Brazil, yet again I experienced a lag start that lost me 2 positions and after tangling up with @Head Squid and @Agent Smith my race was ruined yet again I limped back to 4th, then there was yesterday when yet again I ran into the back of @Agent Smith after he tried to avoid the cars up ahead and after getting a 5 second stop-go that was even more stupid than the one in singapore I found myself 45 seconds behind the leader. Although I admit @RichyB is much better than me in the dry I believe I could have challenged him more if my pc didn't lag (getting a new one for Season 15) and if I didn't crash at Canada and Brazil as well as improving my rubbish quali laps. I hope one day I will be able to compete with him and borderline in a higher league once I have time to practice this summer. As for the rest of you I plan to race in this league again whilst I cannot practice as much and hope I can see a lot of familiar faces return. Looking ahead for Season 15 I wish @RichyB @Borderline and @DwergC good luck as I presume they will go on towards the higher leagues as they have exceptional pace. As for me I will see it as a fresh start with a new pc (so no more crappy i3) and a new camera angle and I cannot wait for another crack at the title but thank you all for a truly magnificent season that I will never forget

Nakianu

Formula Karter
Dec 23, 2017
for me it was a short season (joined with like 6 races left) , started with a dnf (totaly my bad still drunk from partying) wich kinda sucked but then a 4th and even a podium after that (sorry @Billamy) , then some terrible races with bad strategy and also my quali pace was clearly off and started most races 10th or lower (think my one lap pace is one of the slowest) but my race pace is always midfield level , had some nice battles aswell even sometimes with some of the top runners (1 stop strat :p)

i guess i will see some of you next season and this time ill be there from start ;-)

kasito nl

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 10, 2017
i remaber the start of the bahrain when i brake tolate and hit @boxen and i remeber the chaos that was monoco where @RichyB won his firstrace

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
With 9 race starts, 2 poles, 7 points finishes, 4 podiums, 1 win, 1 DNF, ending 7th in the championship with 96 points and on top of that no penalties at all (!!!), you don't hear me complaining about my rookie season. It's been a good run with the exception of the Malaysian GP, where I made some horrible strategic decisions.

I will sign up for the non-assist leagues next season, hoping I get placed in a league with @RichyB as I enjoyed the battles we had. Taking pride in having no penalties in season 14 gives me a nice confidence boost for driving in the higher leagues. I just need to learn how to take corners even better as that's the area where I can still gain time.

Billamy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Joined halfway. Not much to say as I wasn't taking it too seriously, hopefully that'll change in S15 :]

RichyB

Oct 16, 2017
Some season statistics/facts that I though would be fun:
This season consisted of 20 races.
Average attendance: 15
6 different race winners: @RichyB (10) @EditedStorm27 (3) @Douwe_C (1) @TRL_graveltrap (1) @Borderline (1) @Kryxeno (1)
5 different pole sitters: @RichyB (11) @Borderline (2) @Head Squid (2) @EditedStorm27 (1) @Douwe_C (1)
7 different people set the fastest lap: @RichyB (8) @EditedStorm27 (4) @Borderline (2) @Douwe_C (1) @Biolite80 (1) @menk (1) @gameguy nl (1)
Best average finishing position: @RichyB (1.6)
Highest average points: @RichyB (21.6)
Best average qualy: @RichyB (2.9)
Most positions gained on average: @Nakianu 3.7
@EditedStorm27 (20/20) @IntergalacticGentleman (20/20) @RichyB (16/16) and @DwergC (5/5) have finished all the races they started (very impressive @DwergC ).
@gameguy nl @EditedStorm27 and @IntergalacticGentleman have started EVERY race.
@EditedStorm27 and @IntergalacticGentleman have finished ALL races this season (it seems Red Bull has a very reliable car:rofl:).
@EditedStorm27 has finished ALL 20 races in the points!! Very impressive!
@Head Squid has indeed perfected the art of crashing out, with 7 DNF's. Honorable mention's are @gameguy nl and @menk (6). Still not as bad as Alonso though (10)
The Azerbaijan GP had only 5 people seeing the chequered flag
The Spanish GP had the highest amout of finishers: 16 in a full wet race!
In Brazil, the difference between the best and worst qualifying time was the smallest (1.504 seconds).
In China, the difference between the best and worst qualifying time was the biggest (29.644 seconds!!).
In Italy there were no lapped cars.
In Australia, last place got lapped 5 times(!) by first place.

Some funny moments/opinions (take this with a grain of salt ;))
A funny moment I remember was @IntergalacticGentleman in the US GP, warning us he was on inters just before he got lapped. It cracked me up seeing him struggle on these tyres in the desert heat. It must have been painful getting lapped by the whole field on just lap 3 of the race.
Another funny moment in hindsight was @Biolite80 pitting early for the slicks in singapore to get his wing repaired, only to spin out after the pit exit and lose his wing again. After repairs the same thing happened. Must have been very frustrating at the time tho.
@gameguy nl gets my vote of talking the most (to much) in discord.
@DwergC complained the most about things that happened at least 20 minutes ago.
@Borderline and me tried to tell people they shouldn't complain/talk to much during the race, it didn't work (@Head Squid also tried this a bit less subtle).
@Biolite80 was the most happy for other people when they scored a good result.
Because of this, I was happy when @Biolite80 scored a good result.
@Head Squid had the biggest heartbreak. In Monaco he could have won but crashed out.
@TRL_graveltrap had the best banter
@DwergC get's my vote for the funniest post on the forums. His Brazilian GP summary made me cry with laughter.
@gameguy nl could have defenitely grabbed pole and the win every race if he wouldn't have made mistakes.
@EditedStorm27 was the master in the rain. Where our laptimes increased, his laptimes decreased as the weather got worse.
@Biolite80 and @IntergalacticGentleman were the gentlemen of this league.

So yeah, it was fun to to race with y'all this season. I feel like I will be racing in AOR for a long time if, not only the race, but also everything around the race stays as fun as it has been this season. I will keep doing the practice lobbys we've done just before the race. So expect an invite from me next season every raceday at 6 pm!!;)

Last edited:

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
Thank you @RichyB That means a lot to me. You have been a great league coordinator and an even better competitor. You will be missed next season as you move up to better things. Also what I thought was my most embarrassing moment, crashing out in T1 at Monaco after qualifying P2, wasn't my fault after all. Last night I was rewatching old races. I watched my telemetry and side mirror as I thought I missed my breaking point......nope I broke perfectly, my teammate, our former league coordinator pushed me into the wall! :unsure: Oh well,I had great time with most of you and can't wait to continue on in this great league,

Reactions: RichyB

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
Just a thread to talk about our experiences in the past season, I will start!
The past season? I cant, wasn't in it, only thing I can talk about is its the final season I wasn't in because now, I have a xbox one and f1 2017 so S15 HERE I COME!

(PS anyone know how to do races with other AOR members other than community events?)

RichyB

Oct 16, 2017
The past season? I cant, wasn't in it, only thing I can talk about is its the final season I wasn't in because now, I have a xbox one and f1 2017 so S15 HERE I COME!

(PS anyone know how to do races with other AOR members other than community events?)
The only way I know to race with other AOR members is through the community events. You can also set up your own race and see if people are interested.

And about next season, keep an eye out on the more general AOR F1 forums in the next couple of days;). This thread you replied to is aftertalk for one specific PC League. If you are on Xbox, you would have to sign up for a Xbox league.

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
I dig the stats, @RichyB . Thanks for putting that together. I had such high hopes for the US GP, and then trying to switch tires for an impromptu pit stop on lap 1 really messed things up for that whole race with the inters. Ah well, hopefully it goes better next time around.

I really enjoyed the season overall, much more fun to race with the same folks regularly than try to brave the heinous world of the public lobbies. Im gonna try for the non-assist leagues next time around, so hopefully i'll still get to race with some of you if we're lucky enough to be in the same tier. I'd still be up for practice lobbies the day before the races though, those were always fun.

Grazie, ragazzi.

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016
@Biolite80 wow Jozzers definitely went out with a bang if he crashed you out a Monaco as he also accidentally brake checked me at Canada which resulted in my worst result of the season (apart from Japan but let us not talk about that race that utterly destroyed my championship hopes) anyway new pc next season and yes I have read the criticism so I will use t-cam and as a matter of fact it would be the 2nd I changed to it as I actually used it last year, can’t wait for a fresh start. Also thanks to @RichyB who hasn’t offered to keep holding practice races we as a league have really formed a tight community this season and it will be sad to see you all go. finally I was going through my footage as part of my end of season montage (should be up tomorrow) and watching through my Singapore footage brought a tear to my eye as even so I have had the heartbreak at bottling the championship at Japan I cannot forget the truly amazing battles I have had this season, so thanks everyone and @RichyB by giving me something to aim towards even if your pace destroyed me in the dry (only 3 out of the 20 races rained and I came 1st in 2 and went from 8th to 2nd in the other oh how I wish that there were more transition races like Singapore as I could of had more extraordinary battles with @RichyB, you never know I might one day get the honour of racing in the same league as you again.)