Season 15 Unofficial Feedback Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Season 15 Unofficial Feedback Thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
Sorry if this has already been made.

To help the Co-Ordinators improve the league for the future feel free to discuss what you thought about the season below.Try to make your feedback as useful as possible.

You don't have to, but you might want to cover all these points in your feedback:
-What you liked about the league
-What you didn't like about the league
-What you think should been done to improve the league
-How you think the Co-Ordinators should implement your suggested improvement

tYsU^

Pro Karter
May 19, 2014
This means you want to have a qualy which, in some cases, takes longer than the race?
Qualifications are definitely too short for me. If it was possible to set the time of qualification(like 20-25 minutes), it would be good, but unfortunately there is no such option.
We can only choose between short and full.

I would like to ride full qualification and 100% race, but not everyone likes it.

I just wrote my proposal, not everyone has to agree with it.
It would be best to do a survey in this topic.

Borderline

F1 Coordinator & S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Qualifications are definitely too short for me. If it was possible to set the time of qualification(like 20-25 minutes), it would be good, but unfortunately there is no such option.
We can only choose between short and full.

I would like to ride full qualification and 100% race, but not everyone likes it.

I just wrote my proposal, not everyone has to agree with it.
It would be best to do a survey in this topic.
I guess you are in luck then as in F1 2018 they set the short qualy to have 18 minutes in stead of 12.

Vettel_Racer_5

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 2, 2016
In my tier (PS4 F2) many drivers disappeared by the second half of the season. Of course some had valid reasons but in most races at the second half we were 12 contenders. So I´d like that the coordinators put some new drivers more reguarly into the leagues if of course that´s possible.

This would be very unlikely, but I´d like that in the lobby you have 30 minutes practice as well. During practice drivers can still join so there mustn´t be new starting times set.

Last but not least, I hope Safety Cars and Formation Laps return (but only if they´re bug free unlike in this years game)

Reactions: SmokingPuppy841

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
In my tier (PS4 F2) many drivers disappeared by the second half of the season. Of course some had valid reasons but in most races at the second half we were 12 contenders. So I´d like that the coordinators put some new drivers more reguarly into the leagues if of course that´s possible.

This would be very unlikely, but I´d like that in the lobby you have 30 minutes practice as well. During practice drivers can still join so there mustn´t be new starting times set.

Last but not least, I hope Safety Cars and Formation Laps return (but only if they´re bug free unlike in this years game)
IT is always a shame when the grids shrink.

Thompson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Aug 21, 2016

Usually we don't get enough people signing up during the season to re-fill those spots.

pLock

Pro Karter
Mar 30, 2018
Why not have a mid season promotion/relegation ?
Since most people leave early/mid season, we could counter-act that by promoting 1 or 2 drivers to the upper tier, mid-season.
(They have the choice of staying or being promoted)
They would start from scratch in the upper tier, if they choose to get promoted.

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
Why not have a mid season promotion/relegation ?
Since most people leave early/mid season, we could counter-act that by promoting 1 or 2 drivers to the upper tier, mid-season.
(They have the choice of staying or being promoted)
They would start from scratch in the upper tier, if they choose to get promoted.
This may work,but I give you an example.
In F2 4 drivers leave.
In F3 all those with a title shot will stay,so maybe 7th,8th,9th and 10th go up instead.
This means that F2 would have essentially a "A" and "B" field.

pLock

Pro Karter
Mar 30, 2018
This may work,but I give you an example.
In F2 4 drivers leave.
In F3 all those with a title shot will stay,so maybe 7th,8th,9th and 10th go up instead.
This means that F2 would have essentially a "A" and "B" field.
In that case no one goes up.
It would only work if the top guys from F3 accepted to go up, without caring about the title.

Thompson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Aug 21, 2016
In that case no one goes up.
It would only work if the top guys from F3 accepted to go up, without caring about the title.
That's never going to happen unfortunately.

Paddyjamie

Formula Karter
Apr 7, 2018
Given the opportunity, people might take it.
But I guess we will never know :/
That’s down to each individual and how competitive they are. take myself for example yes I ran in A2 the season that’s just finished but it wasn’t competitive for me(I was running away with the title) So when a space opened up in A1 I asked to be moved to be with faster drivers than myself because I want to get better and face the best so to speak

pLock

Pro Karter
Mar 30, 2018
That’s down to each individual and how competitive they are. take myself for example yes I ran in A2 the season that’s just finished but it wasn’t competitive for me(I was running away with the title) So when a space opened up in A1 I asked to be moved to be with faster drivers than myself because I want to get better and face the best so to speak
That is the point of having the mid-season promotion.
Some people just want to have the opportunity to get promoted earlier

Borderline

F1 Coordinator & S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Thing is that a promotion essentially doesn't give you anything. You cannot fight for the championship if you join mid-season as you have missed too much races. And when a new season starts, you are not guaranteed to stay in that split.

Vettel_Racer_5

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 2, 2016
Well..then why not put like 4 or 5 reserve drivers in every tier so if someone quits that spot can be filled up immediately?

Thompson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Aug 21, 2016
Well..then why not put like 4 or 5 reserve drivers in every tier so if someone quits that spot can be filled up immediately?
It would be unfair to put people - who have met the sign up deadline just like anyone else - as reserve. The issue or the solution is to keep people playing in the first place instead of filling vacant seats. On the other hand, during sign up you sign up for a full season, so it's also up to the players to try and stick to that (I know it's not always possible, but it is possible more often than most people would like to admit.)

• Agree
Reactions: Vettel_Racer_5

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
Say for example (go to a random number generator) 161 people Sign-Up.That would probably be 9 tiers (8x18,1x17).If 40 people pull out,and 19 join,we are down to 140.But as we would keep to9 tiers,each tier would have,on average,15-16 people left in it.So you could promote people to fill the first few tiers,in this example everyone P6 down in their Tier accepts a promotion.But this means that Tier 9 is left with only 5 people in it,so promotion will just kill off the lower tiers.