PC - Season 5 Preliminary Ideas | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Season 5 Preliminary Ideas

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Some thoughts and ideas about season 5.

Everyone is free to comment. :)

Cars:
Two different classes, where one has open setups and one closed setup.

GT3 cars with open setups. All GT3 is avalible.
GT4 car with closed setup. Only the Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport will be avalible.

Drivers:
All current drivers are able to choose from both classes of cars, where new drivers will be forced to drive the GT4 cars. After one season in GT4, drivers will be able to pick whatever class they want.

Tracks:
Bigger and "wider" tracks, like Road Amercia, Road Atlanta, Daytona, Sebring, Monza, Spa, ie.
Tracks will not be hidden and a full race calander will be visible.
Season lenght between 8-10 races.

Race format:
Moving away from the "Two race format" to one race format. Races will be 1 hour long, with increased tire/fuel wear to increase strategic choices.

Penalties:
Instead of penalty points added to a spreadsheet, points will be converted to ballast for your car. To get rid of penalty ballast a driver needs to have one clean race.

Example:
Driver A is involved in a accident in race 1.
In race 2 the get 25kg of ballast.
In race 2 driver A is involved in another accident.
In race 3 driver A now has 50kg of ballast.
In race 3 driver A has a clean race.
In race 4 driver A has 0kg of ballast.

Points will be given seperatly for each class.

Start procedure:
Manual rolling start as in season 4.

Qualify:
Single lap qualifying like in season 4. People devided into groups based on car class.

This post will be updated with new/old ideas, based on feedback.

/Noz

Last edited:

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
@Noztra - Danish - 76561197963502606
@Morvic - Polish - 76561198158588935
@santsuke99 - Finnish - 76561198130689550
@DANGEROUS GIANETTA - Turkish - 76561198231081596
@Hampus Soderberg - Finnish - 76561198122609451
@Niclas Domino - Danish - 76561198063421295
@R.Macieira - Portuguese - 76561198012702299
@matt785shimmy - British - 76561198090652276
@popzz - Swedish - 76561198021982549
@berserkmir - Italian - 76561197966377099
@Astrit Arsllani - Albanian - 76561198258413494
@Dazzy Oz - British - 76561198046945391
@Adrian Jumuga - Romanian - 76561198024042819
@Microlander - British - 76561198084161294
@David Siska - Hungarian - 76561197977895080
@NonRunner - Finnish - 76561198016999983
@Meekstaaa - British - 76561198225460264
@TheIceberg - Finnish - 76561198062867919
@exited - German - 76561198294309587
@Keith Camilleri - Maltese - 76561198375179536
@Mattia Silva - Portuguese - 76561198126712041
@hinesy32 - British - ?
@SilverArrow3 - Belgian - 76561198018001701
@Tom Bridle - British - 76561198015481203
@Rasmus Augustsson - Swedish - 76561198141851387
@Mr AlcoN - Finnish - 76561198316158141
@VRT Ringrose - British - 76561198026379022
@F1XL Pred - Italian - 76561198133533291
@Emin Babaoglu - Turkish - 76561198084171886
@maxafc46 - British - 76561198103557910
@flavus101 - Scottish - 76561198367206299
@Terence Grech - Maltese - 76561197998496345
@N1kmido - Austria - 76561198118453967
@Justin Mifsud - Maltese - 76561198175644219
@Ryan Mangion - Maltese - 76561198274715321
@AndrexUK
@TicklishPicklewickle
@NusPojava
@Laakso
@Tomessi
@Vernux
@pejths
@Erti147
@howardprice
@Niek van Gelder
@JamieFoppele
@Paul Kenward
@Simon Roer Husum
@Martin Voss
@p n k
@Infected Space
@Soulah
@centro
@PedroRC
@Oguzhan
@Miniblack
@Bless Fade
@Xenon91
@Jeff[NL]
@DBrown''
@Mr Schumacher

EVR Morvic

Reigning AOR PC GT Endurance Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
GT3 OPEN SETUPS PLS

EDIT: Everything looks really cool, but please, be brave with the calendar too, spice it up :)

• Informative
Reactions: Noztra

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
About Ballast. as we saw in S1, even +50kg didn't make huge difference. And I believe that on 1 server there is maximum of 300kg that you can distribude among all cars.

• Informative

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Good idea with the ballast. endless options as well with how it should be used. Imo it could be used so that after 10 penalty points you get the ballast. My thinking here is that 5pp is still fairly easy to get by a small mistake and maybe a bit harsh to ruin the next race for a minor thing which didn't really affect anyone involved. But overall, I like the idea.

Haven't driven too much gt3's but I know the Porsche gt4 clubsport is great to drive, great balance. Now, will the gt3's and gt4's drive in the same race or will they be seperated?

Also, RSS does a great job so would be awesome to get them. :)

Rolling start is obviously not a bad idea but with the 1 race format I would say standing starts works as good and would make it more exciting imo.

Generally I gotta say it all looks very promising. :)

• Informative

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Good idea with the ballast. endless options as well with how it should be used. Imo it could be used so that after 10 penalty points you get the ballast. My thinking here is that 5pp is still fairly easy to get by a small mistake and maybe a bit harsh to ruin the next race for a minor thing which didn't really affect anyone involved. But overall, I like the idea.

Haven't driven too much gt3's but I know the Porsche gt4 clubsport is great to drive, great balance. Now, will the gt3's and gt4's drive in the same race or will they be seperated?

Also, RSS does a great job so would be awesome to get them. :)

Rolling start is obviously not a bad idea but with the 1 race format I would say standing starts works as good and would make it more exciting imo.

Generally I gotta say it all looks very promising. :)
Yes in the same race

NusPojava

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 14, 2017
These are some great ideas, already looking forward to this. The idea with multi-class racing is amazing. Even if we go with the GT3/GT4 cars I am in.

But here is my idea. Since there are talks with RSS to get a deal and we are able to use their mod in one way or another, we can make the championship a homage to the original GT Championship of the late 90s.

We have the Porsche GT1 and the McLaren F1 GTR in game and there are solid mods for the Merc CLK GTR, the Toyota GT-One and even the Ferrari F50 GT. I don't know how these cars are balanced, but with ballast even before the start of the season we can make things work I think

And the RSS cars can be the original GT2 cars. (The Listers, the Vipers and Ferrari 550s). They can have the mentioned fixed setup.

Another idea is to make it like the original GTR2 game if we can find the lower class cars (like the Porsche GT3 and the Ferrari 360). I don't know what cars RSS will release in 2018, but if it's those, it will be amazing. As a huge GTR2 fanboy, would love to see this happen.

As for tracks, I love nothing more than to see the classics.

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Laakso

AOR PC F1 Split 2 & AC Porsche & AEC LMP Champion
Sep 23, 2016
I would like to see something else than gt3 or 4 cars (or similiar) something more exotic and different that other leagues dont have. Gt cars been in s1 s3 and s4 was quite similiar maybe take something more different than we have driven in past maybe something classic? Other than that the ideas for season 5 looks good (as i have suggested since s2 :pp)

• Informative

Rasmus Augustsson

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 21, 2017
Ngl any GT car and I'm happy but I don't like the idea of open setup, some people don't have time for setups which makes them on a huge disadvantage! And with stock setup it's all equal then it's down to driver skill, but that's just my point of view :)

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
These are some great ideas, already looking forward to this. The idea with multi-class racing is amazing. Even if we go with the GT3/GT4 cars I am in.

But here is my idea. Since there are talks with RSS to get a deal and we are able to use their mod in one way or another, we can make the championship a homage to the original GT Championship of the late 90s.

We have the Porsche GT1 and the McLaren F1 GTR in game and there are solid mods for the Merc CLK GTR, the Toyota GT-One and even the Ferrari F50 GT. I don't know how these cars are balanced, but with ballast even before the start of the season we can make things work I think

And the RSS cars can be the original GT2 cars. (The Listers, the Vipers and Ferrari 550s). They can have the mentioned fixed setup.

Another idea is to make it like the original GTR2 game if we can find the lower class cars (like the Porsche GT3 and the Ferrari 360). I don't know what cars RSS will release in 2018, but if it's those, it will be amazing. As a huge GTR2 fanboy, would love to see this happen.

As for tracks, I love nothing more than to see the classics.

Happy Holidays everyone!!!
The problem with thows gt cars from the 90 is that they are from a defrint GT1 ruleset so the rss cars are GT1 but they are from the early 00. So they are like to defrint classes the GT1 cars was made slower in 2000

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Ngl any GT car and I'm happy but I don't like the idea of open setup, some people don't have time for setups which makes them on a huge disadvantage! And with stock setup it's all equal then it's down to driver skill, but that's just my point of view :)
That is why we are having the to classes so that you can drive there as the top tire cars and drivers are thows who can drive the faster cars and make the setup, as the lower tire wil be fixt setup. And in the top class with more cars, the stock setup is wery defrint from car to car, eksempel the McLaren gt3 car is slow and bad to drive, but with a setup it Can be one of the fastest cars in the class

Reactions: Rasmus Augustsson

Flavus Periculum

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 9, 2016
Merry Christmas everybody

I like the proposals

I would prefer to stick to Kunos cars as for me they just do not dissapoint, it is me who dissapoints the car :)
Porsche Cayman is a great car on default setup and you cannot go wrong with GT3's

I would like qualifying to be more normal cos I absolutley suck with just 1 lap to put in a time and I am sure i am not the only one. Have 20 minute sessions and with 32 cars on track it could make it interesting as you will have a slower cars in the mix to keep people on edge.

Penalties - Like the new penalty proposals and if there is a weight limit on the server then you can always put a power restriction on which would defo hurt.
Perhaps consider only certain incidents get weight penalties, e.g. divebombs, barging through, taking a driver out and not waiting. I wouldn't like to see people punished for all contacts that attract a penlaty under current rules.

divebombs aint so easy if you have no ABS :)

Also a lot of incidents go unreported and that can lead to some drivers going unpunished for bad driving. Perhaps poeple don't like reporting other drivers thinking that it will cause ill feeling or maybe they dont have the time or the correct software to upload videos to the Stewards. I would like to see an anonymous reporting system where anybody can report an incident. Just give the time of the incident to the stewards. The stewards make a decision declaring the time of the incident without having to upload time consuming video. If the driver concerned wishes to appeal then they must upload the video and maybe an independent steward can make a ruling.

A lot of this seasons incidents have been caused by drivers not understanding some basic etiquette. Maybe a guide can be produced to give some guidelines that all drivers should follow and so help reduce the high number of incidents.

Starts, rolling or standing, it don't matter as I have been 3 wide going into turn 1 with both formats :)

I have never been a fan of higher tyre wear or fuel consumption. Make the race long enough so that you need to refuel and make it compulsory to use 2 different tyre compounds.

Tracks, totally agree that all tracks be declared on the calendar and mod tracks are fantastic but so are the standard tracks like Barcelona, Silverstone etc etc..

@Noztra dont forget to change your tags to match my forum ID

Last edited:
  • Informative

Astrit Arsllani

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 6, 2016
Cars::
I would like to see a IMSA style championship wit two car classes, one can be GT3 cars and the other one can be a GT1 class , or we can go LMP3/GT3, something else witch is more powerfull, NO NEW LMP1 CARS! hate those!

Setups:
As for setups, i'm not to keen on making them open, never will be, but hey if we deceide to open setups, i'll try and do my best, learn thing or two.

Tracks:
As for tracks, all of what we played so far were great, we can come up with a combination from the best circuits from all over the world. IMSA competion has a very good track list.

Penalties:
I'm for points reductions, and race bans for 1 corner avoidable accidents!

Rest:
The rest we can keep the same, i like the qualy format, an 1 hour long race with pit stops would be awsome too.

• Informative

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Merry Christmas everybody

I like the proposals

I would prefer to stick to Kunos cars as for me they just do not dissapoint, it is me who dissapoints the car :)
Porsche Cayman is a great car on default setup and you cannot go wrong with GT3's

I would like qualifying to be more normal cos I absolutley suck with just 1 lap to put in a time and I am sure i am not the only one. Have 20 minute sessions and with 32 cars on track it could make it interesting as you will have a slower cars in the mix to keep people on edge.

Penalties - Like the new penalty proposals and if there is a weight limit on the server then you can always put a power restriction on which would defo hurt.
Perhaps consider only certain incidents get weight penalties, e.g. divebombs, barging through, taking a driver out and not waiting. I wouldn't like to see people punished for all contacts that attract a penlaty under current rules.

divebombs aint so easy if you have no ABS :)

Also a lot of incidents go unreported and that can lead to some drivers going unpunished for bad driving. Perhaps poeple don't like reporting other drivers thinking that it will cause ill feeling or maybe they dont have the time or the correct software to upload videos to the Stewards. I would like to see an anonymous reporting system where anybody can report an incident. Just give the time of the incident to the stewards. The stewards make a decision declaring the time of the incident without having to upload time consuming video. If the driver concerned wishes to appeal then they must upload the video and maybe an independent steward can make a ruling.

A lot of this seasons incidents have been caused by drivers not understanding some basic etiquette. Maybe a guide can be produced to give some guidelines that all drivers should follow and so help reduce the high number of incidents.

Starts, rolling or standing, it don't matter as I have been 3 wide going into turn 1 with both formats :)

I have never been a fan of higher tyre wear or fuel consumption. Make the race long enough so that you need to refuel and make it compulsory to use 2 different tyre compounds.

Tracks, totally agree that all tracks be declared on the calendar and mod tracks are fantastic but so are the standard tracks like Barcelona, Silverstone etc etc..

@Noztra dont forget to change your tags to match my forum ID
I might have something for the anonymous reporting m8, just give me some days

Rasmus Augustsson

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 21, 2017
I would like to see something else than gt3 or 4 cars (or similiar) something more exotic and different that other leagues dont have. Gt cars been in s1 s3 and s4 was quite similiar maybe take something more different than we have driven in past maybe something classic? Other than that the ideas for season 5 looks good (as i have suggested since s2 :pp)
i like this aswell maybe something like old Le man cars? don't see many Leagues having the merc C9 or the porsche 962C or the Mazda 787b on the grid :p

Reactions: Laakso