PC - Season 5 Preliminary Ideas | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Season 5 Preliminary Ideas

Mattia Silva

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 9, 2017
Ngl any GT car and I'm happy but I don't like the idea of open setup, some people don't have time for setups which makes them on a huge disadvantage! And with stock setup it's all equal then it's down to driver skill, but that's just my point of view :)
Merry Christmas everybody

I like the proposals

I would prefer to stick to Kunos cars as for me they just do not dissapoint, it is me who dissapoints the car :)
Porsche Cayman is a great car on default setup and you cannot go wrong with GT3's

I would like qualifying to be more normal cos I absolutley suck with just 1 lap to put in a time and I am sure i am not the only one. Have 20 minute sessions and with 32 cars on track it could make it interesting as you will have a slower cars in the mix to keep people on edge.

Penalties - Like the new penalty proposals and if there is a weight limit on the server then you can always put a power restriction on which would defo hurt.
Perhaps consider only certain incidents get weight penalties, e.g. divebombs, barging through, taking a driver out and not waiting. I wouldn't like to see people punished for all contacts that attract a penlaty under current rules.

divebombs aint so easy if you have no ABS :)

Also a lot of incidents go unreported and that can lead to some drivers going unpunished for bad driving. Perhaps poeple don't like reporting other drivers thinking that it will cause ill feeling or maybe they dont have the time or the correct software to upload videos to the Stewards. I would like to see an anonymous reporting system where anybody can report an incident. Just give the time of the incident to the stewards. The stewards make a decision declaring the time of the incident without having to upload time consuming video. If the driver concerned wishes to appeal then they must upload the video and maybe an independent steward can make a ruling.

A lot of this seasons incidents have been caused by drivers not understanding some basic etiquette. Maybe a guide can be produced to give some guidelines that all drivers should follow and so help reduce the high number of incidents.

Starts, rolling or standing, it don't matter as I have been 3 wide going into turn 1 with both formats :)

I have never been a fan of higher tyre wear or fuel consumption. Make the race long enough so that you need to refuel and make it compulsory to use 2 different tyre compounds.

Tracks, totally agree that all tracks be declared on the calendar and mod tracks are fantastic but so are the standard tracks like Barcelona, Silverstone etc etc..

@Noztra dont forget to change your tags to match my forum ID
Really like your ideia to report incidents.

R.Macieira

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 5, 2016
i dont get the point of anonymous reports, its not so different than when coords spent many hours watching everything. reporting isn't just to punish but also to people know what they did wrong and improve.
dont get me wrong its just my opinion

• Agree
Reactions: Noztra

Mattia Silva

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 9, 2017
i dont get the point of anonymous reports, its not so different than when coords spent many hours watching everything. reporting isn't just to punish but also to people know what they did wrong and improve.
Im fine with if its not anonymous. The part where you may not have the time to edit or dont know how to edit the clip to post it its more important. I have had multiple occasions where i didnt know how to do it, and others where i didnt even try to figure it out because i didnt have the time.

• Informative

R.Macieira

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 5, 2016
Im fine with if its not anonymous. The part where you may not have the time to edit or dont know how to edit the clip to post it its more important. I have had multiple occasions where i didnt know how to do it, and others where i didnt even try to figure it out because i didnt have the time.
in that case you can allways ask someone to help you mate...we are all friends here

Flavus Periculum

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 9, 2016
The anonymous part refers to people being able to report an incident without posting on the forum. e.g. If I see an incident involving a driver who hits somebody from behind twice and then overtakes and does not give the place back then I would like to see that incident reported. I would then send a message to say please investigate incident at 14.24 in race 1 It would then be declared in the forum by Admin that it was under investigation. They make a ruling and declare the result, e.g. no further action, penalty of 10 seconds or whatever. That way the co-ordinatrors do not have to sit and watch hours of replays because they can go straight to the incident. Any driver can report any incident even although he is not involved. Any penalties given out can be appealed and the driver must upload video evidence. That way everybody can quickly check the footage and see what mistakes were made and learn from them.

Mr AlcoN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 18, 2015
Many good ideas here!
Majority of car classes has been "roof based" cars and personally i think our F3 season we did has been the best so far, thats why i would vote for a open class but understand that the league needs to evolve so we can race as many different cars as possible and gives good racing. :)
What about Tatuus and FR3.5 multiclass? :D
That could be fun and challenging. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Laakso and D. Goelz

R.Macieira

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 5, 2016
we're allways free to report incident even if you are not involved. i understand what you're saying, it can be weird reporting someone else incidents. i cant explain better what i mean hope you understand.
and most important im not saying that is a bad idea, its just my opinion

R.Macieira

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 5, 2016
Many good ideas here!
Majority of car classes has been "roof based" cars and personally i think our F3 season we did has been the best so far, thats why i would vote for a open class but understand that the league needs to evolve so we can race as many different cars as possible and gives good racing. :)
What about Tatuus and FR3.5 multiclass? :D
That could be fun and challenging. ;)
again imo to evolve like you say maybe we should discard gt cars for this season and try something else. like @Laakso said something exotic or vintage... we have some historical tracks from the 60s/70s

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
So open wheelers...

Talked a bit with @Tom Bridle and it is SUPER hard to find any decent open wheeler without people having to pay for it. The only few out there RSS2, RSS4 and ASR3 are all paid mods.

So what we are trying to now is this.

ASR Formula 3 (The one from season 2) is being tuned to have some more bhp. We might try make a version with P2P.

Lotus Exos 125 is being detuned with less bhp, to make it more "fun" and provide closer racing.

Other options being looked is the following.

GT3/GT4
LMP2/GT3
Some kind of touring car (WTCC/BTCC)
Ginetta SuperCup

Many good ideas with penalties. Imo not a fan of anonymous reporting, but grid penalties could work so 5 penalty points = 5 grid places.

/Noz

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
So open wheelers...

Talked a bit with @Tom Bridle and it is SUPER hard to find any decent open wheeler without people having to pay for it. The only few out there RSS2, RSS4 and ASR3 are all paid mods.

So what we are trying to now is this.

ASR Formula 3 (The one from season 2) is being tuned to have some more bhp. We might try make a version with P2P.

Lotus Exos 125 is being detuned with less bhp, to make it more "fun" and provide closer racing.

Other options being looked is the following.

GT3/GT4
LMP2/GT3
Some kind of touring car (WTCC/BTCC)
Ginetta SuperCup

Many good ideas with penalties. Imo not a fan of anonymous reporting, but grid penalties could work so 5 penalty points = 5 grid places.

/Noz
Would definitely prefer an open wheeler car for S5, because driving a tin top car for the third following season would acutually annoy me. Even more, because S2 was the best season so far imo and it was in an open wheeler.
Things could probably spiced up by altering the race length more (45min races, 1h races, 1h15min races, 1h30min races, ...), altering the track grip from one race to the other (track not used that much in RL --> 96-97% grid, track often used in RL --> 98-99 %), altering the environment conditions (like race time, temperature, weather condition

Tin top options look definitely promising and could be delayed for S6, but not forgotten.

I agree on the ideas with the penalties. Penalties should hurt people more and even more important, they should hurt them right away in the next race. So I think some penalty point = grid places punishment would increase the learning curve of people who are over ambitious or not aware enough. Would probably change it to 5 penalty points = 10 grid places and 10 penalty points = 20 grid places, because you need to cause a major accident to get 10 penalty points...

Cheers,
Exited

• Informative

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Things could probably spiced up by altering the race length more (45min races, 1h races, 1h15min races, 1h30min races, ...), altering the track grip from one race to the other (track not used that much in RL --> 96-97% grid, track often used in RL --> 98-99 %), altering the environment conditions (like race time, temperature, weather condition
1. Different race lengths are probably not gonna work from race to race. Reason is that its really hard to balance tires wear to allow pit strategies to work. So race length is gonna be a set amount of time, IE 60 mins, with one longer race like season 2.

2. We are going back to using dynamic track grip for season 5 and different starting grip for every track is and option. :) I just recall that for season 2 and 3 "many" people complained about the starting grip in the practice sessions where to low and people couldn't push right of the bat. (Which I liked)

3. We can use different weathers for the races, but doesn't change that much in AC. That is why we are "only" using normal/sunny weather atm. One thing that does influence the car is wind direction and wind speed, which is currently set to dynamic so it changes from race to race. Time of day can do from 6AM to 18PM but only alters the sun angle. You can though set time progression on 4x so one hour in 15mins in-game. So one hour race is 4 hours in-game.