Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Round 14 - Singapore Grand Prix
Season 9

Race Information:

Date: Sun 1st March 2015
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Marina Bay Street Circuit

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Important Links:

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

Race Graphic:

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Looking forward to this race, 2nd favourite track, have to admit, i abandoned practicing for monza(hate that track, specially with these cars) midweek and started practicing for here, pretty happy with my pace so far.

Michal7M

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S8 Champion
Nov 18, 2014
Looking forward to be back on track with you guys. Got stewards approval to switch back from Split 2. @Chicane - I did ask for 2nd Williams :)

Reactions: AJ

Jonny

Rookie
Jan 26, 2014
Hey just a quick update, I still don't have a working wheel so I won't be able to race tonight. If you need my spot in the league and somebody wants to get in for me then go ahead and replace me. Otherwise I would just stay and hopefully be back for the last races :) Also good luck and have fun to everyone this race!

Microlander

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2014
That went to plan. Right from the start! ..

Last edited:

Michal7M

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S8 Champion
Nov 18, 2014
This game is retarded. I can't even describe, how disappointed I am.. got top 5 in the radar, strategy worked really well. F1 2014 simply hates me..

• Agree
Reactions: Levis

aMadMouse

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
May 6, 2014
...I'm so pissed off with you @matt785shimmy I have no idea how you managed to undercut me by so much :finger: Massively disappointed, virtually leading the entire race from the first turn, only to lose by strategy...

I wont be posting highlights, reason being it was an incredibly boring race, only thing exciting was the start and the final lap trying to catch Matt.

matt785shimmy

Reigning AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Jan 15, 2014
Decent race, undercut @aMadMouse by a **** tonne at the end somehow which won me the race. Great to see me racing with other people

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Accident with scotchtape in turn 7 lap 2 forced me to do an extra stop, so I expected a lonely race.
But AJ was pitting early to do 3 option stints (or had an accident too?), and I was defending vs him for 20 laps or more. At first he had the tyre advantage, because I was on older primes, so I expected I'd pull a gap easily after the next stop but he managed to follow closely and I had to look in the mirrors a lot. For the final stop AJ went a lap earlier to do an undercut but somehow I managed to stay ahead by the smallest of margins. Then in the end it looked like AJ had to give up the fight due to 1 lap older tyres and I gained a few seconds. I was happy with that, because it also was a battle for me to stay focused.

Still the lap 2 incident was a serious one, and allthough scotchtape told me that he didn't hit me on his screen (but he doesn't record), I'm still gonna bring it to the stewards. With MSI afterburner on low settings everyone should be able to record.

Last edited:

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Accident with scotchtape in turn 7 lap 2 forced me to do an extra stop, so I expected a lonely race.
But AJ was pitting early to do 3 option stints (or had an accident too?), and I was defending vs him for 20 laps or more. At first he had the tyre advantage, because I was on older primes, so I expected I'd pull a gap easily after the next stop but he managed to follow closely and I had to look in the mirrors a lot. For the final stop AJ went a lap earlier to do an undercut but somehow I managed to stay ahead by the smallest of margins. Then in the end it looked like AJ had to give up the fight due to 1 lap older tyres and I gained a few seconds. I was happy with that, because it also was a battle for me to stay focused.

Still the lap 2 incident was a serious one, and allthough scotchtape told me that he didn't hit me on his screen (but he doesn't record), I'm still gonna bring it to the stewards. With MSI afterburner on low settings everyone should be able to record.

Yeah had an incident with barriers under bridge, took the corner early clipped the barrier which bounced me across to the other barrier, losing my wing :p... Done over 100 laps practice and never damaged my wing til race haha. Good race tho mate, pushed hard but couldnt quite get myself into a proper overtaking position to get you so tried an undercut which was extremely close but you got out just ahead.

Reactions: Chicane

scotchtape20

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 26, 2014
Qualifying was surprising since I'm not usually good on. Did P1 on my second lap and disconnected in the cooldown lap. Fortunately, AJ sent a 2nd invite so I could rejoin the race, while losing my quali time, starting last. In the end, I think my time would have put me 3rd on the grid, so I was very hopeful to gain some ground and maybe fight for a podium position. Luckily, even though I lost my quali time, the game kept my setup (which is basic, but still). On the race start, I took a careful approach since the first corner is so tight and there's auto spin kerbs everywhere, only gained on AJ. On the 2nd lap, I was following a train of 3-4 cars with James in 6th and Chicane in 7th going to turn 7. I was closing on Chicane really fast but was still far so I couldn't try the overtake... but then I don't know what happened but everyone braked really early, and I had to make an evasive maneuver to avoid hitting Chicane. Unfortunately, the game didn't record me hitting Chicane (since my front wing didn't break, nor any endplates), but it did for him, which caused him to ram James in the back at the cost of his entire front wing. I wasn't sure I hit him or not, I did hear his front wing break, so I slowed down and let him through. I stayed behind him for the rest of the lap until he got in the pits. As Chicane said, we talked about it after the race, although I don't have a POV of my own, we will let the stewards decide if there's a necessity of a penalty or not.

For the rest of the race, since I lost time staying behind Chicane, I had to push hard to come back. While everyone switched to prime tyres on the second stint, I kept the options, giving me a huge advantage over the others, which allowed me to build a strong gap and gain position, up to 4th. I had to push hard because I would lose everything on the last stint anyway. On the last stint, I was still 4th, around 20 seconds in front of iBlue and Mouse came back on track just in front of me. I don't know what happened, but Micro lost it and smashed his front wing just before going under the grandstands, giving me 3rd position. For the rest of the race, I watched Matt and Mouse drive away, gaining 1-2 seconds per lap on me, while maintaining as hard as I could the gap from iBlue behind me, which finished just under 10 seconds behind me.

In the end, eventful race, started 9th and finished 3rd. Good race!

P.S.: To @AJ, isn't the rule state that when a player disconnects in qualifying before anyone sets a time, the game lobby should be reset? (I'm talking about Levis disconnection, not mine)

EDIT: To give some food for thought for you guys, I finished the race at +6 laps of fuel :p

Last edited:

Levis

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 28, 2014
Qualifying was surprising since I'm not usually good on. Did P1 on my second lap and disconnected in the cooldown lap. Fortunately, AJ sent a 2nd invite so I could rejoin the race, while losing my quali time, starting last. In the end, I think my time would have put me 3rd on the grid, so I was very hopeful to gain some ground and maybe fight for a podium position. Luckily, even though I lost my quali time, the game kept my setup (which is basic, but still). On the race start, I took a careful approach since the first corner is so tight and there's auto spin kerbs everywhere, only gained on AJ. On the 2nd lap, I was following a train of 3-4 cars with James in 6th and Chicane in 7th going to turn 7. I was closing on Chicane really fast but was still far so I couldn't try the overtake... but then I don't know what happened but everyone braked really early, and I had to make an evasive maneuver to avoid hitting Chicane. Unfortunately, the game didn't record me hitting Chicane (since my front wing didn't break, nor any endplates), but it did for him, which caused him to ram James in the back at the cost of his entire front wing. I wasn't sure I hit him or not, I did hear his front wing break, so I slowed down and let him through. I stayed behind him for the rest of the lap until he got in the pits. As Chicane said, we talked about it after the race, although I don't have a POV of my own, we will let the stewards decide if there's a necessity of a penalty or not.

For the rest of the race, since I lost time staying behind Chicane, I had to push hard to come back. While everyone switched to prime tyres on the second stint, I kept the options, giving me a huge advantage over the others, which allowed me to build a strong gap and gain position, up to 4th. I had to push hard because I would lose everything on the last stint anyway. On the last stint, I was still 4th, around 20 seconds in front of iBlue and Mouse came back on track just in front of me. I don't know what happened, but Micro lost it and smashed his front wing just before going under the grandstands, giving me 3rd position. For the rest of the race, I watched Matt and Mouse drive away, gaining 1-2 seconds per lap on me, while maintaining as hard as I could the gap from iBlue behind me, which finished just under 10 seconds behind me.

P.S.: To @AJ, isn't the rule state that when a player disconnects in qualifying before anyone sets a time, the game lobby should be reset? (I'm talking about Levis disconnection, not mine)

EDIT: To give some food for thought for you guys, I finished the race at +6 laps of fuel :p
I actually thought about why I didn't ask you guys to restart, but I was so frustrated so I didn't think of it at the time. My fault actually. GJ on 3rd (y)

Microlander

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2014
I actually thought about why I didn't ask you guys to restart, but I was so frustrated so I didn't think of it at the time. My fault actually. GJ on 3rd (y)
We should of restarted. the qually. No one set a lap
[DOUBLEPOST=1425313339][/DOUBLEPOST]

I already have like 5 penalties and i gave up in the end because i was pretty pissed that i knew i could of won that but dangerous driving from matt on first lap pissed me off then he left me out so on the final lap id lose like 6s then i was pushing but got penalties for little cornercuts but im still quite annoyed i know i had the pace to win that. Also i might not race in suzuka. Hate that track and i cant drive it on a pad.

matt785shimmy

Jan 15, 2014
We should of restarted. the qually. No one set a lap
[DOUBLEPOST=1425313339][/DOUBLEPOST] I already have like 5 penalties and i gave up in the end because i was pretty pissed that i knew i could of won that but dangerous driving from matt on first lap pissed me off then he left me out so on the final lap id lose like 6s then i was pushing but got penalties for little cornercuts but im still quite annoyed i know i had the pace to win that. Also i might not race in suzuka. Hate that track and i cant drive it on a pad.
Dangerous driving?!?! I had a lot of space on my screen ( I assume you are talking about turn 4), and the priority, it was your responsibility to back out. And we agreed the pit strategy, an end plate makes next to no difference on the pace. I did nothing wrong

Microlander

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2014
Dangerous driving?!?! I had a lot of space on my screen ( I assume you are talking about turn 4), and the priority, it was your responsibility to back out. And we agreed the pit strategy, an end plate makes next to no difference on the pace. I did nothing wrong
I had the right line on T4, You should of backed out also we nearly side pod glitched. I left you the space. If i wanted to id just turn in and hope you would be wiped out. That was the mood i was in at the end.

Also look at chicanes footage. You pushed me into the wall, TBH I think we could of easily had a 1,2 If you backed out.
Proof:

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Chicane

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
My bad, wasnt aware of when you had disconnected as i was afk for parts of qualifying.

matt785shimmy

Jan 15, 2014
I had the right line on T4, You should of backed out also we nearly side pod glitched. I left you the space. If i wanted to id just turn in and hope you would be wiped out. That was the mood i was in at the end.

Also look at chicanes footage. You pushed me into the wall, TBH I think we could of easily had a 1,2 If you backed out.
Proof:
Yes, but in my defence, from whee I was, I had priority. If you want to take it to the stewards then do so. And also, what did you get penalties for? You said you had 3 before you crashed and rage quit?? The way you have reacted is what annoyed me. If you talk more in ts, say when you believe someone is in the wrong, then maybe we can sort it out there and then by me yielding you the place or something if necessary.

@aMadMouse , if you have any footage of you looking behind at that point, post it for us to get a better view.

But you need to learn that not everything goes your way, admittedly you have had some bad luck so far, but if you get that annoyed over a small incident in a game and end up quitting because of it, don't race. I hate to say it as we are short of people, and I like you as a teammate, but make a decision as your reaction was unnecessary and I feel unjustified.