Season 9 Round 4 - Chinese Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Season 9 Round 4 - Chinese Grand Prix

Levis

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 28, 2014
I found out today in social that it is pretty damn hard to overtake a pad user in the back straight because of the exit in turn 13. I always lost 0.3 seconds in that corner even though I was on options and micro was on primes.

Microlander

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2014
I found out today in social that it is pretty damn hard to overtake a pad user in the back straight because of the exit in turn 13. I always lost 0.3 seconds in that corner even though I was on options and micro was on primes.
i wasnt able to race you since every time i got near you, you would go 200m up the road whats was weird and annoying

Levis

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 28, 2014
i wasnt able to race you since every time i got near you, you would go 200m up the road whats was weird and annoying
Yea sorry bout that. Did I cause you to lose control of you car on the main straight or did you just got spun because of the kerb?

Microlander

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2014
That was my fault aha i came out of the corner at a weird angle and the car had over steer and i just lost it from there, i have some footage to upload of my last stint to show you :) and the funny thing was the top 5 were split 3 in quali and within 0.2, i would of had pole if i didn't lock up on second to last corner aha but still awesome hope we will have a good battle on Sunday!!

Levis

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 28, 2014
Good to know. I didn't know I lagged until after the race so I was afraid I caused it. I also got a pretty good hit from behind in the hairpin and I flew away but the way you are describing it is a miracle you didn't hit me more than that. Connection issues should be solved in Sunday so I think we will have a fair fight:).

Microlander

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2014
Good to know. I didn't know I lagged until after the race so I was afraid I caused it. I also got a pretty good hit from behind in the hairpin and I flew away but the way you are describing it is a miracle you didn't hit me more than that. Connection issues should be solved in Sunday so I think we will have a fair fight:).
yeah im sorry about that what happened was i had drs but you was already behind me but around the breaking zone you popped back and we must of hit but as you say we were extremely lucky aha

DommyG

Pro Karter
Sep 20, 2014
Who's going to be recording tonight then? iblue left that link and information about that software for recording. so is anyone else going to record besides me, iblue, chicane and levis? cause ideally we need at least another 2/3 of you for us to do this highlight video. would be really cool to get it going :)

matt785shimmy

Reigning AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Jan 15, 2014
I will try to download the thing in a bit and test it in game to see if it affects my fps.

Microlander

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2014
i might record but i found that if my fps is under 30 i cant drive well and it probably will be :L

Jonny

Rookie
Jan 26, 2014
Hey guys I won't be able to race tonight. My video card pretty much stopped working last week and I won't get my new one before next week. Good luck and have fun to everyone :)

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
These dc's are getting beyond a joke now :/ Way worse than 2013.

Levis

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 28, 2014
Mass disconnections:
● If half, or more, of the drivers in a race lose connection at the same time, or over a short period of time, that counts as a mass disconnection.

● If less than 50% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will be restarted immediately, preferably with a new lobby host. If several drivers are unable to restart the race at that time, the race will be rescheduled for a later date.

● If more than 50% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race order from the time of the first disconnection becomes the final result. Half points are awarded to all drivers. <------- THIS?

● If more than 90% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race order from the time of the first disconnection becomes the final result. Full points are awarded to all drivers.

EDIT: Nevermind was told there was only 5 disconnections.

Last edited:

Vin

Rookie
Apr 7, 2014
What an absolute joke of a game F1 2014 is with only completing one race of this season so far and i'm now at the point where i'm more or less ready to throw the towel in, i have never known such a unstable multiplayer that F1 2014 is and i don't know if it's a steam, game code or the terrible p2p system, but as it stands there is no point in practice through out the week as it's a waste of time come Sunday so for my next race i will start practice at 6.30pm and if the inevitable happens i will call it a day.

What is even more strange is that i can not find one thread about multiplayer disconnects on the first 5 or 6 pages on the codies f1 forum unless i am half asleep and looking in the wrong place.

Last edited:

matt785shimmy

Reigning AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Jan 15, 2014
Well, that race was going ok, until the disconnections meant that Levis, my main rival at the time, dc'd and that left me up front to lose ALOT of time to microlander who was on the other strategy. He pitted, I stayed out for another couple of laps to make the stint at the end shorter. Overtaking him was a job in itself, with him having a go back a couple of times, until I eventually built a gap out of Drs range. I then cruised to the finish knowing I had the grip advantage. Micro lander' space was simply phenomenal, pad I presume?, and if he hadn't have dc'd in quali, he definitely would have won. I don't know how the results will be decided, but I have a picture of the finish results, at least the top 10, if you need them. I can upload it tomorrow if you need.

Microlander

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2014
It was an aright race, my fps was an average of 23 the whole race which killed me badly, i didn't enjoy it because of that, the only part i did was when me and matt where fighting for the win i couldn't keep up with him and he won by a fair margin and im annoyed how so many disconnected and i did fight back in the end after D/C from qualifying again.

Michal7M

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S8 Champion
Nov 18, 2014
Hi all,
I'm glad I could join you yesterday, hopefully there will be chance to stay as regular driver. Unfortunately so many DC's degraded my first AOR race. I was lucky, I lost "just" 3 positions because of lag, but remained in the race.

Q - pushed like hell, improved my best by nearly 0.5s. It was very, very close. Can't remember Q session, where first 10 drivers were within 1s.

Race - not a great first stint, I kept dropping. I was nervous not to make any stupid mistake and ruin someone race. On top, you guys are bloody fast.
It's really shame, how many DC's we get yesterday. I have experience from other league, where we have suffered from lag and DC's (but not so many), which was solved by different host. It's frustrating to see, that Codemasters made the F1 title just the milkcow, with no effort to fix basic things.

Anyway, once again, I hope I will have chance to stay on board. Here is the video. Sorry for quality, my PC is on edge regarding the performance.

• Agree
Reactions: Microlander

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Michal, what an awfully difficult POV mod you have chosen! Feels like chestcam to me.

My highlights:

• Agree
Reactions: Microlander

Microlander

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2014
Michal, what an awfully difficult POV mod you have chosen! Feels like chestcam to me.

My highlights:
next race i want to have a good battle with you ;) also Michal that camera looks too low down aha