XB1 - TC S1 Pro: Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 TC S1 Pro: Main Thread

TrickiestCOL

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 30, 2018
Really enjoyed the racing last night, some very fast drivers in there, but i was more than happy with my results finishing mid table in both of them and managed to finish both races with no damage to car which is great.

Reactions: Mack

Mack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 9, 2017
@EVR Matt212 @TchoukMaster22 @FTW ChaosTheory @seppel165
If I may I would like to know why the host and coordinator were in a locked party so we didn't have any communication?
this left us with a bit of guessing as to what's going on. also when the people got disconnected and we were trying to get them back I was receiving text message saying to ready up. Before I managed to reply with the reason that we are missing people the session was already started.
is there a reason for a locked party or can we expect a bit more communication for the next race?

Reactions: TrickiestCOL

TrickiestCOL

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 30, 2018
There were certainly some issues with last nights event, with disconnects and the like, as was discussed in the Lobby it would of really helped if the lobby host had been in game chat with the rest of us, could have helped sort out issues alot quicker.

And sorry for just disappearing at the end of the races, i did not realise that my mic was on bloody mute and i thought i had said my good races to everyone, anyway good races and catch up with those that are able to make next weeks races.

Reactions: Mack

TchoukMaster22

? XB1 S1 Touring Cars Pro Champion
Jun 13, 2017
Maybe we should set up a twitter chat so we can all communicate in a quicker fashion?

KhaosTheory29

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 10, 2015
We tried the party chat in the elite league and it doesn't work for 15 people we had to use game chat and that was fine for us we had a few problems but we got them sorted this way.

THE NEMESIS 69

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 29, 2017
@EVR Matt212 @TchoukMaster22
Right i joined this with huge excitement and couldnt wait to get startedin these leagues but last was shambolic and dreadfully ran tbh.
Host slow to get invites out
Started well after 8pm
We alsmost finished qually and just because we had a disconnect host decided to restart qually again.
No one had any idea what they were doing as most of the grid wernt on 100litres of fuel to qualify.
I was and sticking to rules.
There was no communication with the group host and pal were locked into a private party.
People also wernt sticking to track limits they were turnes off should they have been on?
but heres the best bit... just before qually ended ran for a loo break as i came back into room timing said 1.50 at ready up screen just as i sat back down on my rig they kicked me from race.
Sent message to host to have an invite for race 2 no response... lucky for me my mate was in and sent me one.
The lads had to sort themselves out with the reverse grid. Speeds wernt stuck by in the single file part nor the two by two.
Then i was ablitated by poor poor driving into turn 2 as because i got kicked had to start back of the grid causing full damage race over.

I would like to see a re run of this round as the rules of aor have not been stuck by.

Mack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 9, 2017
Right i joined this with huge excitement and couldnt wait to get startedin these leagues but last was shambolic and dreadfully ran tbh.
Started well after 8pm
We alsmost finished qually and just because we had a disconnect host decided to restart qually again.
No one had any idea what they were doing as most of the grid wernt on 100litres of fuel to qualify.
There was no communication with the group host and pal were locked into a private party.
People also wernt sticking to track limits they were turnes off should they have been on?
but heres the best bit... just before qually ended ran for a loo break as i came back into room timing said 1.50 at ready up screen just as i sat back down on my rig they kicked me from race.
Sent message to host to have an invite for race 2 no response... lucky for me my mate was in and sent me one.
The lads had to sort themselves out with the reverse grid. Speeds wernt stuck by in the single file part nor the two by two.
Then i was ablitated by poor poor driving into turn 2 as because i got kicked had to start back of the grid causing full damage race over.

I would like to see a re run of this round as the rules of aor have not been stuck by.
Are you blaming me for this? Not my fault you decided to take some flying lessons LOL

THE NEMESIS 69

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 29, 2017
Started well after 8pm

@seppel165
Are you blaming me for this? Not my fault you decided to take some flying lessons LOL

It wasnt you who turned in to me lol.

EVR Matt212

1 Time XB1 Rookie League & Christmas Cup Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
It wasnt you who turned in to me lol.
the first restart was due to the lobby being open accidentally, the second time we had a lot of people with FFB glitches, i sent out invites to anyone who requested them (they may not have gone through its a re-occuring issue on xbox atm) as i said we can only apologise for a few of the issues, this is the first time ive ran a project cars 2 series and with how broken this game is all the time it is hard sometimes to have sessions smoothly, if we want a main party that is absolutely fine by me but generally speaking i end up with random people joining my parties, hence why i keep them private :)
and no one booted you, you didnt ready up in time therefore the game removes you

Reactions: TchoukMaster22

Mack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 9, 2017
the first restart was due to the lobby being open accidentally, the second time we had a lot of people with FFB glitches, i sent out invites to anyone who requested them (they may not have gone through its a re-occuring issue on xbox atm) as i said we can only apologise for a few of the issues, this is the first time ive ran a project cars 2 series and with how broken this game is all the time it is hard sometimes to have sessions smoothly, if we want a main party that is absolutely fine by me but generally speaking i end up with random people joining my parties, hence why i keep them private :)
and no one booted you, you didnt ready up in time therefore the game removes you
I think it's very important we have communication during the sessions. As @FTW ChaosTheory said main party don't work for larger groups but if the lobby is private we can stick to the game chat, no-one uninvited will join the conversation.
I think I can speak for everyone when I say we understand it's first time you running a series and there always will be issues. But it's always better to work on the issues when we know what's going on, hence the need of being able to communicate.
Now, let's make sure we don't make same mistakes for round 2 and the amount of fun we having will double.
Anyway, I'm wasting my time, need to practice for next round, this time none of those pesky Megane's will go past me :) Unless it's @THE NEMESIS 69 in his (literally) flying Megane.

TrickiestCOL

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 30, 2018
As Mack says, if the lobby is private then only those involved can communicate, therefore the co-ordinator should be in chat with everyone, makes everything that bit easier.

There are always going to be incidents in any online race no matter how organised it is or not, but as time goes on and everyone involved gets used to the set up of it all, these issues usually get sorted out in the end.

Had a bit of practice on Oulton in the rain, so that is going to be a fun filled race trying to stay on track especially when stuck behind other cars, man with the spray u can hardly see, so should be very interesting racing there.??

Toshey

Semi-Pro Karter
May 2, 2018
I would ask to host but still very new to all this. After a few more sessions I'll gladly host. We need better communication while the quals and racing is ongoing. Scaramanga had got pole on first qualie but then we redone qualy which isn't fair.
Nemesis I feel for you but there's no way I'd get 3rd and 4th again. Lol.

TchoukMaster22

? XB1 S1 Touring Cars Pro Champion
Jun 13, 2017
You supposed to do your quali lap with full tank of fuel. Haven't you read the rules?
I initially did on first quali before restart. Forgot 2nd time around. Wasn't the only one to do this. Personally think the rule should be scrapped. Realistically was getting pole with 100L or 1L of fuel.