PS4 - Thank you for participating and have some feedback? | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Thank you for participating and have some feedback?

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
@AOR Gizmo @giorjoe @iej76 @Limaro Fipama @Michel--NL @MrKaczalski @NICK-NITRO @OasisFan95 @RacingAtHome @Wimstradamus @jam_my21 @mpc-v1
@Big-Kid-Daddy @C-FOGARTY @FN-LEW187 @igor55 @Jarryd Vermeulen @Kiwiladlad @Nene @noahreuvers @Pretender @strDAN44 @The_Kaiser-MSc @Tiernizzle

I want to thank you all for participating in this league. I think (for the most part) it was a nice clean and fair championship with respect to each other. It was fun and I hope to see you all again (y)

There where some ups and downs with players leaving the leagues, which almost put tier 1 in half :(
If we want to do an next season then we have to work on that and it could be that we are doing more reserves in one tier then instead creating an second tier.
At the moment there are no plans for an next season this year.

And then the winners :)

Tier 1:
  1. @The_Kaiser-MSc
  2. @Kiwiladlad
  3. @Tiernizzle

Team Championship: Chip Ganassi (@C-FOGARTY, @The_Kaiser-MSc, @strDAN44)

Tier 2:
  1. @Michel--NL
  2. @mpc-v1
  3. @Limaro Fipama

Team Championship: Team Penske (@NICK-NITRO, @Wimstradamus, @Michel--NL)

Congratulations guys (y)

If you have any feedback we appreciate if you tell us below.

Last edited:

The_Kaiser-MS

7 Times AOR PS4 Project CARS2 Champion!
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2017
Thanks to you @Michel--NL and @Big-Kid-Daddy for always following us during the tournament, without ever leaving us. Thanks for the support guys and for the great job you did!

Among the members of the Chip Ganassi team must be added @C-FOGARTY , we have collaborated since he was in Honda but once in the same team he brought the necessary points to win the constructors together with me and @strDAN44 :p:love:

Feedback? @Michel--NL @Big-Kid-Daddy

Of the tournament itself I can suggest some things:
1) Drivers should team freely, choosing their friends / stable companions is much more fun and engaging. Alternatively, it is also good to make the ranking with the timetrial timings (but with default setup) and put the first with the last in classification, the second with the penultimate etc.

2) I would put the 100% damage and mechanical damage on. We must enhance the management of the car in a complete manner, making it even more challenging and engaging.

3) Consider the tires issue: we should use them as in reality: all hard or soft, not half measures. Alternatively, it should be done as in F1: being obliged to use both compounds. I think that it would have been really difficult to shoot with the hardest tyres but this would have created even more chaos, creating different and perhaps unexpected values in the field.

4) I would also consider using a default setup with these cars , they are very good and would greatly reduce the gap with pilots who do not like to develop the setup. If instead we want to continue using the free setup, I would propose more races with variable atmospheric agents, more wet races on the calendar. On 10, at least 2-3 races would be right.

5) Drivers who skip two races without warning on the forum should automatically be excluded from the championship in which they participate. In addition, it should be forbidden for them to participate in other AOR tournaments for at least 6 months.

For the rest at the moment I can not think of anything else. I only have one more question to consider but it is extra field: the internet connection. I admit it's a painful issue but both in this tournament and in others, where there are 2 or more drivers who do not live in Europe, they create many problems in the room. Yesterday evening, for example, with only the extra-European strDan, I immediately entered the room as the invitation from the host immediately miraculously started. When there is Tiernizzle never happened and when there was another American guy in Daytona Road (Vermulen or something like that) I ran a race full of lag, unrecognizable car and even a contact lag/bug with Kiwiland . I have read that in many and other tournaments there have been similar problems and therefore for the good of all I would really like to start making more decisive decisions, perhaps sacrificing a few drivers for the good of many.
So, my proposal is to lower the required ping limit, maximum 100 of ping (considering the server in London) but forcing to insert, in addition to ping with the London server, even ping the nearest server, to see if it is actually only a matter of server or poor line. It would already be a beginning, small, but important to understand if there are problems in that connection or not. I want to remember, that we are not on PC, on PS4 we are "alone" and we strain our line very much and generally has a lot of uploads and pings. So, I think it is very important to monitor these values.

Hoping that my ideas can contribute to the good of AOR, I wish you a good evening! (y):)

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
I don't have that much to say. Mostly disappointed about commitment. The idea of having more reserves should work. But it is a solution that doesn't feel right. Because you shoudn't need 8 reserves. IMO 3 should be enough.
About the races. I'd like to see more rain. But that's preference because I like driving in the rain. I know real Indycar only drives in the US. But seeing we're in a game maybe take some other location aswell.
Don't think it's a good idea to put damage to 100% I know @The_Kaiser-MSc can manage that but us mere Humans can't :p (coming from someone who doesn't crash a lot :) )
If there is going to be a 4th season I will most likely sign up.
Oh and the way the teams were created was on one hand fun. But I also found it weird and get that people want to team up with people they know well. Also if you do something like that based on TT make sure people know that before the season. Because now some might have put less effort into their TT thinking they already made it into a certain tier.
This turned out longer than I thought :p

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
Oh and something else @Michel--NL I didn't get a notification for this. Maybe retag some people because I'm afraid some will miss this

• Informative
Reactions: Michel--NL

jam_my21

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 LMP1 Champion
Mar 17, 2017
This season was my first with Indycars. First time drive this moster and learned a lot. Tuning was difficult but when get it right car is fun to drive.
To me races and track were ok. As for future everything goes, stock setup, tires, rain, etc

Finally big thanks to Michel !

Johnny M #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
I Will echo the same thoughts & opinions ! (y)
The final round of the Championship, was the only race we didn't have problems with the Lobby being in a mess, and causing allsorts of unwanted problems with OUT OF Sinc races - with the game. Turning up for races was a lottery, and every round just hoped it wasn't me that had their race ruined with a more than sketchy lobby. Daytona RD was the worst affected by far. But got slightly better as the High ping user from South Africa ( Another Continent) QUITT and disappeared. That was half the battle sorted. But lobbys were still a mess, and some races took an age to get going. But we know why now. :rolleyes::mad: The ridiculous HIGH Ping on Sign-Up needs to be addressed, sooner- rather than later. We practice alot to be competitive for our races. But to have it ruined as quickly as you start a race, is a hard pill to swallow. THE PING NEEDS TO COME DOWN! Which is even more obvious now. I'd consider European League's. Just for a more stable race and experience. Its pointless signing up for more league's at AOR if obvious signs in high ping user's aren't addressed. Just a waste of time & effort otherwise.!

The Race's & some Idea's ;)
Damage at 100% does not suit this class at all. I had many over 2 minute pit stops for repairs . Indianapolis Oval had over 3 mins in the pits.:eek: Loosing 6 laps IN the process. INDY Oval has got to go. Plain and simple .:rolleyes: Which would be a shame because I love the place.
Id keep the American tracks in there. Because it is an American series. I'd like to see more rounds (12) then we could possibly put a couple of overseas rounds in. Just to spice it up a bit.
The only thing that worries me about 'Default' setups @The_Kaiser-MSc ;) is the tyres . We need these to work in races, and wouldn't consider signing up for another season if we went this route. Everyone was evenly matched in qually sessions, so reallly can't see the point in changing something that isn't broken. (y)

AOR have built a very good reputation. Since I joined in December 2015. And promote the League's as 'The Pinnacle of Online racing' Not seen it yet on PS4.:cautious: Other formats don't fair much better either. With dwindling grids and uncommitted member's. Something really needs to change with that. The community on PS4 never gets time to grow and stable itself , as driver's-member's disappear as quickly as they arrived. Mostly fed up with having a torrid online racing experience. Can't blame them really.

Race's and conditions need to be tested more as well . Im all for rainy conditions in races. BUT GIving us puddles to drive around IN normal RED FLAG conditions is pointless and just takes the racing away. Put more weather options in the race so the track Dont end up a river for a kayaking session . I.e. Rain - Heavy cloud- med cloud - light cloud.
Overall a disappointing Experience (Again). But would like to thank @Michel--NL @Big-Kid-Daddy & @Pretender for hosting this season, which must of been a difficult task. I felt for you sometines this season, apart from the last race. :sneaky:
Foggy #7°(y)

Last edited:

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
I Will echo the same thoughts & opinions ! (y)
The final round of the Championship, was the only race we didn't have problems with the Lobby being in a mess, and causing allsorts of unwanted problems with OUT OF Sinc races - with the game. Turning up for races was a lottery, and every round just hoped it wasn't me that had their race ruined with a more than sketchy lobby. Daytona RD was the worst affected by far. But got slightly better as the High ping user from South Africa ( Another Continent) QUITT and disappeared. That was half the battle sorted. But loobys were still a mess, and some races took an age to get going. But we know why now. :rolleyes::mad: The ridiculous HIGH Ping on Sign-Up needs to be addressed, sooner- rather than later. We practice alot to be competitive for our races. But to have it ruined as quickly as you start a race, is a hard pill to swallow. THE PING NEEDS TO COME DOWN! Which is even more obvious now. I'd consider European League's. Just for a more stable race and experience. Its pointless signing up for more league's at AOR if obvious signs in high ping user's aren't addressed. Just a waste of time & effort otherwise.!

The Race's & some Idea's ;)
Damage at 100% does not suit this class at all. I had many over 2 minute pit stops for repairs . Indianapolis Oval had over 3 mins in the pits.:eek: Loosing 6 laps IN the process. INDY Oval has got to go. Plain and simple .:rolleyes: Which would be a shame because I love the place.
Id keep the American tracks in there. Because it is an American series. I'd like to see more rounds (12) then we could possibly put a couple of overseas rounds in. Just to spice it up a bit.
The only thing that worries me about 'Default' setups @The_Kaiser-MSc ;) is the tyres . We need these to work in races, and wouldn't consider signing up for another season if we went this route. Everyone was evenly matched in qually sessions, so reallly can't see the point in changing something that isn't broken. (y)

AOR have built a very good reputation. Since I joined in December 2015. And promote the League's as 'The Pinnacle of Online racing' Not seen it yet on PS4.:cautious: Other formats don't fair much better either. With dwindling grids and uncommitted member's. Something really needs to change with that. The community on PS4 never gets time to grow and stable itself , as driver's-member's disappear as quickly as they arrived. Mostly fed up with having a torrid online racing experience. Can't blame them really.

Race's and conditions need to be tested more as well . Im all for rainy conditions in races. BUT GIving us puddles to drive around IN normal RED FLAG conditions is pointless and just takes the racing away. Put more weather options in the race so the track Dont end up a river for a kayaking session . I.e. Rain - Heavy cloud- med cloud - light cloud.
Overall a disappointing Experience (Again). But would like to thank @Michel--NL @Big-Kid-Daddy & @Pretender for hosting this season, which must of been a difficult task. I felt for you sometines this season, apart from the last race. :sneaky:
Foggy #7°(y)
The ping is definitely a big issue and this is been seen in other leagues at aor atm , Needs to be the main topic of discussion moving forward.

Last edited:

Johnny M #7

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
@Michel--NL can we atleast have Sign-Up for S4. Before Christmas please. We got 2 month's of the year left.(8 weeks) If we leave it till next year that will be getting on for 3 months or even 4 month's. Thats far to long inbetween seasons Imo. Cheers(y) There is nothing happening with leagues on PS4. Bored of GT3. Multi-class Endurance was the other only option , which im not interested IN either. Thanks

Reactions: strDAN44 and igor55

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
@Michel--NL I finished the championship ahead of Tiernizzle! For my 1st ever AOR league I had a great time. Thanks @Big-Kid-Daddy for organising. I would also suggest stock setups, especially for oval rounds to make it closer. And put in the Daytona 500.
Sorry...the last results where not added to the sheet and I didn't paid attention to it. Changed it now (y)

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
@Michel--NL can we atleast have Sign-Up for S4. Before Christmas please. We got 2 month's of the year left.(8 weeks) If we leave it till next year that will be getting on for 3 months or even 4 month's. Thats far to long inbetween seasons Imo. Cheers(y) There is nothing happening with leagues on PS4. Bored of GT3. Multi-class Endurance was the other only option , which im not interested IN either. Thanks
I'm still worried that the sign ups are not going to be enough to create a nice league. There is a lot of work to do with selecting the tracks and the correct weather settings. And it is no fun to see so much guys leaving in the middle of the season. Going to think about it and what to do.

Johnny M #7

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
@AOR Gizmo @giorjoe @iej76 @Limaro Fipama @Michel--NL @MrKaczalski @NICK-NITRO @OasisFan95 @RacingAtHome @Wimstradamus @jam_my21 @mpc-v1
@Big-Kid-Daddy @C-FOGARTY @FN-LEW187 @igor55 @Jarryd Vermeulen @Kiwiladlad @Nene @noahreuvers @Pretender @strDAN44 @The_Kaiser-MSc @Tiernizzle

I want to thank you all for participating in this league. I think (for the most part) it was a nice clean and fair championship with respect to each other. It was fun and I hope to see you all again (y)

There where some ups and downs with players leaving the leagues, which almost put tier 1 in half :(
If we want to do an next season then we have to work on that and it could be that we are doing more reserves in one tier then instead creating an second tier.
At the moment there are no plans for an next season this year.

And then the winners :)

Tier 1:
  1. @The_Kaiser-MSc
  2. @Kiwiladlad
  3. @Tiernizzle

Team Championship: Chip Ganassi (@The_Kaiser-MSc, @strDAN44)

Tier 2:
  1. @Michel--NL
  2. @mpc-v1
  3. @Limaro Fipama

Team Championship: Team Penske (@NICK-NITRO, @Wimstradamus, @Michel--NL)

Congratulations guys (y)

If you have any feedback we appreciate if you tell us below.
Think you missed me ;) I am Chip Ganassi also :p Don't matter though m8(y)

Johnny M #7

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Here is an idea for season 4 :) I Thought the last championship had a Dull calendar with only 10 rounds (including 2 Qually Rounds). Hoping for a more exciting racing format next time out .(y);)
PS_Messages_20181104_103123.jpg

Reactions: igor55