PS4 - Tier 2 IndyCar - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Tier 2 IndyCar - Main Thread

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
Ok so let you just put this out there?as in regards to what tyres we should be using here.at the start of the race we should all be on the prime yes.but when we pit we should then be on the prime again not the alternate tyre,and the difference between these two is that one has no stripe(i.e. Red)on the side,but the alternate tyre does.(i.e. does have the red stripe).so the prime is soft(no stripe)and the alternate is hard(with stripe)yes?

YabbaTheHutt

Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Ok so let you just put this out there?as in regards to what tyres we should be using here.at the start of the race we should all be on the prime yes.but when we pit we should then be on the prime again not the alternate tyre,and the difference between these two is that one has no stripe(i.e. Red)on the side,but the alternate tyre does.(i.e. does have the red stripe).so the prime is soft(no stripe)and the alternate is hard(with stripe)yes?
Firestone Primary is the "white wall" tyre and it is hard. Firestone Alternate is the "red striped" tyre and is the soft. Since Primary (white/hard) is the default tyre, that is what we should use (y)
If it works for you I will put up something to inform everyone :)

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
I had a quick test last night and straight out of the garage you are on prime which gives good grip bit as soon as you pit you come out on the red marked tyre which is a lot slower and will not get to temp??

YabbaTheHutt

Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I had a quick test last night and straight out of the garage you are on prime which gives good grip bit as soon as you pit you come out on the red marked tyre which is a lot slower and will not get to temp??
Will post a guide to this as soon as I can tonight! I think there is a sollution...

Chicolini

Formula Karter
Aug 11, 2016
Sorry guys, I don't think I will be able to participate this season. Too busy with some private things these days and planning to join in a later league, like IndyCar season 2 or GT3 season 7 or so when they arrive.

• Informative
Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
Sorry guys, I don't think I will be able to participate this season. Too busy with some private things these days and planning to join in a later league, like IndyCar season 2 or GT3 season 7 or so when they arrive.
If your about and up for some GT3 testin then I'm doing some at the moment,PM me with when your about and I'll send a invite to join.

Reactions: Chicolini