PS4 - Tier 3 - Sugo - Unsafe rejoin and reset to track | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Tier 3 - Sugo - Unsafe rejoin and reset to track

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mhill

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
Platform + League: PS4 GT3 Tier 3
League Coordinator: @YabbaTheHutt @Michel--NL
Date: 10/07/19
Members Involved: @siddharth953 @Fred Ogega
Description:

I almost didn't put this in as luckily no damage was caused and also no incident. However after thinking about it it's not the first incident of poor driving from this driver so was just going to send them a message with a clip to make them aware of the poor driving standards. However ehen reviewing the footage I noticed that there was also a banned reset to track used.

So basically I am following behind @Fred Ogega coming towards lapping him and he is catching @siddharth953. @siddharth953 clearly makes some kind of mistake and ends up off the track. Hadn't noticed it at the time but you can see it from the dot position on the mini map. @Fred Ogega and myself are coming through the lady hander into the chicane and @siddharth953 shoots across the track in a really unsafe manner almost causing what would have probably been a decent result ending incident. However what I didn't see at the time was that he also used the reset to track button which you can see from the mini map as well. I can only assume that both this and the ridiculous rejoin were attempts to try not to loose the place to @Fred Ogega . The video will be added shortly it's just uploading.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: BDG_Geo

Mhill

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
For some reason PSN won't let me upload the video right now. Will add it asap sorry

• Sad
Reactions: BDG_Geo

Mhill

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
Evidence attached sorry for the poor quality had to video the replay off the TV as kept getting PSN errors on upload

Fred Ogega

GP2 2nd Driver
Apr 27, 2016

my race pov; had not really noticed the reset by sid(incident at 34:12); however @siddharth953, AOR rules forbid the use of 'reset to track', if you go back a bit on my shared video at the 30:43 time mark, i make a mistake and go off track resulting in 360+ spins; could have reset and saved myself a tonne of time, but i didn't as that is the rule (sadly, that was more less the end of my race)... @YabbaTheHutt, @Mhill, yall made me relive some traumatic moments :p

• Funny
Reactions: Mhill

siddharth953

Formula Karter
Mar 6, 2019

my race pov; had not really noticed the reset by sid(incident at 34:12); however @siddharth953, AOR rules forbid the use of 'reset to track', if you go back a bit on my shared video at the 30:43 time mark, i make a mistake and go off track resulting in 360+ spins; could have reset and saved myself a tonne of time, but i didn't as that is the rule (sadly, that was more less the end of my race)... @YabbaTheHutt, @Mhill, yall made me relive some traumatic moments :p
I was aware of the rules, my race was just going terribly as i had no practice so i took every chance i had to get back into the race, and at that moment the rule didnt come to my mind so i apologize for that. @YabbaTheHut @Mhill please take any action that is necessary

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 25, 2014
After reviewing the evidence the stewards have decided to give @siddharth953 the standard penalty for using the reset to track button: 15 penalty points + 20 second time penalty.
For the unsafe rejoin he will get 5 penalty points.

Because @siddharth953 didn't finished the race the 20 second time penalty will be changed to an qualifying ban for the next race.

@YabbaTheHutt @Michel--NL @siddharth953 @Fred Ogega @Mhill

Status
Not open for further replies.