Closed Tier 8 - R4 - End of Race - Text Chat during race session

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Skinner

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 5, 2017
UK
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 8 Round 4
League Coordinator: @morphee7
Date: 07/10/20
Members Involved: @keule0386 @tomi0810 @Billamy
Description:
It's happened 4 races in a row now, don't think it really needs a penalty at this stage, it hasn't always been the same drivers, so it would seem unfair to single out these 3 for this one race, however there just needs to be a general warning as we're told about it every race, but people consistently keep typing in the in-game chat when they have crossed the line, no matter if there are still people racing behind.

The last2 races I've been involved in close battles right up to the final lap, and it can be very distracting.

Evidence: I took screenshots from @Steve Allan s stream, where there are people chatting while you can still clearly see the race is ongoing for some members of the field

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
england
@keule0386 @tomi0810 @Billamy can we have your explanation on this please as i did not see this as i have my ingame chat disabled while im racing and only pops up if i hit enter to type

Billamy

AOR PC ACC S5 Tier 8 Champion
Dec 7, 2017
Greece
Nothing really to say. I guess I got carried away after finishing the race and completely forgot about the rest of the guys still going.

keule0386

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 6, 2020
Germany
Same for me as @Billamy and @tomi0810. I just got carried away since I had some very good and fun laps which make this one of the very few good races in this season. Even though I got killed in the first lap as usual, I had a very intense fight with @tomi0810 for the last few rounds and was totally stoked as you can see by the capital letters. I couldn't hold back and didn't think twice.
It won't happen again.

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
england
is this acceptable @Skinner ? or would you like le to move it on to the stewards where they will probably get an official warning from the head steward

Skinner

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 5, 2017
UK
@morphee7 absolutely. Would be unfair to call out these guys only, when others have done it previous races.

Just think a general warning should be issued to everyone in the league.

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
england
ok @Skinner thank you and as you have seen i have placed a warning to everyone that it is puinishable now unless for a good reason so if i may with your permission i will close this enquiry