Closed Tier 8 Round 4 - Massive Pileup at the start(Part 1: T4-5)

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1else

Pro Karter
May 15, 2020
Russia
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 8, Round 4
League Coordinator: @morphee7
Date: October 6, 2020
Members Involved: (including only the ones that made the most impact in my opinion, otherwise i'd had to tag most drivers in the season, since most of the field was affected by that)
@Chard @MauritzOsim @wRECKz

Description: I'm not even sure how to describe that, other then Absolute Carnage. Lots of drivers ignoring the fact that safety should come 1st; Speeding under yellows, going 3-4wide before and into t1, punting, rejoining at 90 degrees, etc. And since this kind of stuff happens nearly every race and people don't feel like listening to any reasoning from our trusty coord, i'd say its time to bring it up to a higher level. This kind of driving is just unacceptable. Public lobbies are mostly cleaner then this.

I wasn't directly hit by any of the drivers due to caution and quite some luck, but those events cost a LOT of time and positions for everyone in that pile, including me.

I compiled some evidence of most impactful events(in my opinion) and will provide a short description next to every vid to keep some readability.
If the stewards feel the need in additional info/evidence, i will provide that.

P.S. To anyone reading this, please keep in mind, you might be at fault as well. Even if it didn't seem too bad. Every single contact at lap 1 is extremely dangerous and has a high chance of causing another pileup. This time you just got lucky.

P.P.S The point of this inquiry is not to accuse some specific people, but rather bring some attention to massive safety issues that this tier has.

Evidence:
Starting with some exterior shots to paint a picture:

Closer look at T4-5 sequence:

Last edited:

no1else

Pro Karter
May 15, 2020
Russia
Specific cases:

#801 @Chard, brakes too late, hits a car in front, causes a knock-on effect, cuts back to across the track at slow speed and starts the 1st wave of carnage.

#736 @MauritzOsim, tries to force his way back on track at 90 degree angle, causes even more carnage, then hits a driver on the inside line.

no1else

Pro Karter
May 15, 2020
Russia
#57 @wRECKz, fails to slow down in time, sends it to the inside of Bentley, hits it and causes a knock-on effect. Then comes to a near complete stop on a racing line, further increasing the danger of the situation.

Last edited:

RedTerrier

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 4, 2019
UK
It was a difficult race for me (my first in nearly 2 years). So firstly apologies to anyone I hit.
In the video above, there was a waved green just before the corner. I didn't see a yellow flag (and I don't remember crew chief calling a yellow to me)of the first lap. With everything going on during the first lap, and the focus needed just to stay on track and clear from other cars left and right, there may have been a Yellow but I didn't register it in time. It all happened so fast coming out of the exit of the turn. I drive in cockpit view so don't have the extra warning there is in chase view. There was little time to react and I hit the brakes the moment I saw cars spinning ahead of me. I agree with @no1else that we should all strive to drive more carefully.

Last edited:

MauritzOsim

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 29, 2020
South Africa
Please look again at my replay #736. The "Carnage" you describe is a bit of an over exaggeration. I agree that the rejoin was not good, but only one car @MrPetroz hit me from the side and I did not cost him a position.

The second incident I was run out of race track. I left enough space on the inside.

Third. I don't believe that you are really allowed to make an enquiry if you are not involved in the incident.

Sobrolho

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
While I agree that I made it "3 wide", the video @no1else uploaded does NOT show the behaviour of the lexus I hit, in this case, T. Legrand.
He taped someone on the first incident, then he almost parked in the apex of a corner, making @fabio_go hit him unintentionally.
He then proceeded to speed up again, then slowed down on the exit of the corner, where he should be accelerating. that's when I hit him on the side.

should I have been more careful? yes, agree.
but that was a very erratic behaviour, it's not expected to see cars slowing down and going back up in random places.
To the rest involved, I was a ragdoll after the first contact, couldn't do much if no one else slows down.

Chard

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 29, 2019
United Kingdom
@no1else I cut back across the track ? I don't think so mate, i was constantly checking my right hand side (do you know you can move your head in game?), there was no one there so i moved off the track so i didn't cause any further issues, and waited for the mclaren to rejoin. This post is irrelevant

wRECKz

Pro Karter
May 13, 2020
Paris
My POV:
I did not have any intention to overtake, but I like to take a different line in T1 to not be too close the driver in front of me.
As soon as Martin sees an incident in front of him, he proceeds to change of racing line under breaking (rightfully to avoid the crash), and I full braking and punt him a little.
I then decide to wait for him out of the racing line, I see him pass at 00:11 on my POV to accelerate again; but got punted a little by @fabio_go (my bad my intentions were not clearer and it didn't cause damage to both of us. I could not see him coming on the radar) but I end up missing the apex the following corner and forced off the track by @Sobrolho .

While I conceed I could have been wiser in my positioning and my intentions, I don't understand people blaming others when they are the ones being inconsiderate after being lucky enough to avoid a crash.

Last edited:

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
england
closing this thread and moving ot to another that will be more organised, i will also move the comments that are relative to the enquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.