X360 GP2: Round 2 - Malaysian Grand Prix [16/11/14 - 8:15pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

X360 GP2: Round 2 - Malaysian Grand Prix [16/11/14 - 8:15pm]

iLeeRoy_x

F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014

GP2 Round 2 - Malaysia Grand Prix
Season 9

Race Information:

Date: Sun 16th November 2014
Time: 8:15pm (UK time)
Circuit: Sepang International Circuit

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator (LeeRoy or DefterTrout) and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Important Links:

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

Race Graphic:

Damo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Same as last week gonna have to rush back and join in quali. Hopefully this time I'm more successful.

FormulaMoss F1

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 19, 2014
I hope to keep my podiums going, but I know it will be difficult. Hopefully though that result will give meh some momentum ;)

TheSilentMole45

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 22, 2014
Hoping to bounce back from a disaster last week! I know I have the pace, I was in a battle for 3rd last week! I just need to be consistent

Cryo Lockdown

F1 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2014
One of my strongest tracks, I cannot put as much practice in as I'd like to due to the examweek I am currently in but I think it will be alright. Actually done two league races around here already so I know a few do and don'ts :p (don't start on primes). I hope that the rain stays out since I am more confident with a dry track.

The goal is to continue the positive start of the season and I will be aiming for at least the podium :)

xHPExFootie

GP2 Reserve Driver
Apr 12, 2014
I feel quite confident around this track, aiming for a top 5, can do high 36s/37s in quail and race pace on options is good, just need to work on primes race pace then I'm sorted :D

Cryo Lockdown

F1 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Did two socials and am sorted with the strategy, setup etc (But please, don't go raining on me Malaysia)

Quali aim will be a low 36 and with a bit of pulling it together a 35 (crosses fingers)
As for the race, the primes are utter **** so I'd advise anyone to use them as less as possible. They are over a second slower than option tyres, so even IF you are 12 seconds behind someone on primes on L20 and you switch to options, there is still a chance that you can catch him. :p Even while using them for my last stint I can't get the laptime lower than a 1:38:5. The option stints should be no problem, they give plenty of grip but the loss of laptime will become worse when you near the end of the tyrelife (well of course, but on tracks like bahrain you are not noticing it as much as on Malaysia)

See you all on Sunday guys!

iLeeRoy_x

F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
First Social i Did a 1:37:8 (Saying that i have never been fast in Qual xD) which i think i will Improve by Sunday and Also Finsing 4th Was a Bonus xD
Setup is Class Round Here If i Can get Off the The Line and work my way up Possible 5th or Higher Should be on the cards.

LC SPEED DEMON

AOR Legend & 4-time AOR Xbox F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
aint had no practice but i like this track but never been quick here, china onwards is were my ttrue pace is, just hope i can have a good race austrailia was horribl;e lol